Mini Meems

Meems

Hi,

I started on the CWP 8 days ago after doing huge amounts of research and serial lurking on minimins. The diaries on here are really inspiring. You all made it seem like it was something that I could do.

Week one was a breeze, I hit ketosis on day 2 and lost 11lbs. Even work, which was my main worry starting this was fine. Today started with an unexpected TOTM visit and masses of temptation. A friend who works in a bakers brought over donuts and bread, my mum gave me a block of cheese and it rained all day.... Even the cat food smelled appealing!!

I decided to to reread some of your dairies and distract myself from the carb filled nightmares now safely stored in the bin. And then I remembered it's rude to eavesdrop so I thought I'd introduce myself :D

I've got about 10 stone to lose and can't believe I let myself get to this size. I'm a nurse and really, I should know better.
I've half heartedly done several diets before but never felt as sure of myself as now. It' snot just the looking better aspect (although that won't hurt...!), it's more he health side of it now. I will not be one of the fat old ladies who we have to hire special equipment for. Not gonna happen.

On that positive note!

good luck,
Meems xx

didn t want to read and run so a quick hello and welcome to the forum, jump into any threads that takes your fancy the support is great for all

fantastic loss, gives you that boost to stop you wondering if i eat the cat will it kick me out of ketosis!:D

jxx

Hey Meems a great start with your weight loss. I will be following your journey. X

Thanks guys!

Had a much better day today. Managed to avoid the cat food temptation totally!
Each day I do this surprises me with just how much willpower I have. It has been really interesting to start seeing how much of what I eat is through boredom and laziness, which is not totally surprising considering how shift work has impacted my life.
I think I need a hobby!

Hope that everyone is doing well,

Meems xx

Just been told by my CDC that I'm her 'loser' of the week! Not sure if I should be insulted or ecstatic!!

Hey Meems,

Well done on loser of the week - definitely a positive!

I love how this diet gets you thinking and realizing so much more about yourself and food habits - I have learned so much in my journey so far which I am hoping stands me in good stead moving forward.

Keep posting!

xx

Flic, I think that's possibly one of the best things about this diet.
I'm not really a 'group' person, I tend to sit at the back and listen rather than talk. And WW/SW never really worked for me. Cambridge and the 1:1 aspect have really started to focus me on just how badly I managed food.

Today I had my first negative response from one of my (many!) sisters. She was justifiably concerned that it was a faddy diet and I'd gain the weight back. I've never really done anything like this before and always been the biggest sister, I think once it becomes noticeable I may find this happening more often, particularly from my work colleagues.
I have a sister who has had issues with food in the past and I can understand the concerns but as I tried to explain to my sister, the reason I know that I'll be successful is that I want/have to do this. My mindset now is totally different.
i'm ready to stop wasting my life.

How has everyone else dealt with challenges to your choice of diet?

Xx

Almost forgot to say... Met the 1st meal out challenge!

I've been doing a mix of mainly SS with 1-2 days of SS+ thrown in, usually after an early (5am start). So I had a chicken skewer with green peppers and a green salad. Oddly enough cooked exactly the same for myself last week for half the price and double the taste!
I love to get to the point where I can just SS but find that the option to have that small meal means I want it less. Usually because I'm too lazy to go cook it! My consultant says that the difference between losses is minimal so I'm hoping that it won't slow me down too much.

Next time though, I'm going to take a tetra pack with me and sod the stares. But it was reassuring to know that I could and did choose the healthy, cambridge friendly option and still eat out.

:D

Well done on your eating out thing! I too have a mixture of SS/SS+ meals - usually I SS+ at the weekends. I've quite happily sat in pubs and restaurants with friends and family with a sparkling water and no food and felt great - I think when you resist, it gives you that extra boost to resist other things!

Family can be weird. And jealous. And really negative. My younger brother told me I looked ill because I didn't want to eat at pizza hut, my Dad told me I needed to start eating, and my auntie told me it wouldn't work and once I started eating again i'd put it all back on. Instead of letting this get me down, I'm using all of this negativity to drive me forward to do better, to succeed, to maintain. You're probably going to get more as time goes on, but i've sort of let it wash over me really - it's my body and I choose what to do with it!

Anyway, have a fab weekend, you'll be into the swing of things before you know it! :)

xx

Had a pj day today and spent the day curled up on the sofa watching DVD's. Normally I'd have had several cups of tea and raided the cupboards on multiple occasions. Today I didn't even think to do anything other than have my shake and soup.
I did however miss out on several crucial moments in the films as I wasn't allowed to pause for my mammoth pee breaks!

A good old day and I'm hoping to have managed the 3lb to take me to my 1st stone on Mondays weigh in.

Well done Meems! Sounds like you are off to a flying start. I'm hoping for a similar loss at my first restart weigh in next week. All the best xx

18 weeks in...64lbs down...21lbs to go!

I lost 9lbs! Very pleased with that :)
i know that it's going to go slower now but I'm incredibly happy with a 1 1/2 stone start.

Hi Meems!
Wow congratulations on your losses so far! You're doing really well!
I didn't really tell anyone I was doing this diet as I didn't want to feel like I had to justify it to anyone. I have told a few people now, basically those I was going out with or was going for dinner at their houses and they have been understanding but I can see they don't think I'm doing the right thing.
Since I've had my second diet I just couldn't seem to lose any weight and I was getting really fed up so I thought I'd do this - yes it's drastic but it works and that's what I personally need right now. I'll cross the maintenance bridge when I come to it!
Good luck,
Clare xx

Ive had people be funny with me about doing the diet saying its un healthy and dangerous. You know what i used to think the same as well. My CDC is my class mate at uni and i saw her do it this year and i thought she was crazy, and seeing her go through ketosis i though she was mad. But she lost 4st in 4 months and has kept it off and still can go out and eat like normal. I reached breaking point last month and talked to her more about the diet and found that it wasn't the big bad thing i thought it was. People can be ignorant and i include myself in that. I get people saying you just need to eat healthy and exercise etc. Well good for you if you can do that. I need the strictness of this diet to actually start to lose weight and so its good for me. I work in a hospital as well so of course everyone thinks they know best there. Keep it up and I'm sure you will reap the benefits. As for family ignore them.

Ive had people be funny with me about doing the diet saying its un healthy and dangerous. You know what i used to think the same as well. My CDC is my class mate at uni and i saw her do it this year and i thought she was crazy, and seeing her go through ketosis i though she was mad. But she lost 4st in 4 months and has kept it off and still can go out and eat like normal. I reached breaking point last month and talked to her more about the diet and found that it wasn't the big bad thing i thought it was. People can be ignorant and i include myself in that. I get people saying you just need to eat healthy and exercise etc. Well good for you if you can do that. I need the strictness of this diet to actually start to lose weight and so its good for me. I work in a hospital as well so of course everyone thinks they know best there. Keep it up and I'm sure you will reap the benefits. As for family ignore them.

I was one of those too but I now think it's an excellent way to show yourself that you do not need to eat the amount of food that you were consuming and hopefully change your relationship with food once target has been reached. I had a funny moment yesterday, I haven't told many people I'm on this (because of the judging thing) but I told a friend yesterday who said it's a stupid diet, dangerous, unhealthy, doesn't agree with it etc etc. First I told him off for judging me then I asked him how he had lost 4 stone a couple of years ago (he's put it all back on now). He told me he was running a lot...and only eating 1 small meal a day! I burst out laughing and said well I'm getting 100% of my RDAs and you wasn't so who's doing a silly diet now! Wish people would keep their opinions to themselves if they haven't got anything good to say!
xx

Gotta love all that well meaning concern! I've been lucky so far, no one seems to be too negative.
i spent a long time deciding whether to do this or not, in my view a few months of hard slog to gain years of life is worth it. This is certainly not something I entered into on a whim.

It it sad but reassuring to know that I'm not alone in this. And it's nice to know we have support on here!

Meems xx

Back