Mini pill? One for the ladies :)

Hi everyone, im starting the cambridge diet tomorrow an was just wondering if the mini pill could affect my weight loss? The pill causes me to only have a period every now an again but this often means that my periods last up to two weeks when i do have one. After reading that some others tend to gain or not lose weight whilst on their period i was worried that i might not see a difference on the scales for up to two weeks and fall off the wagon :( Anyone else taking the mini pill and have some advice? :)

prettygreeneyes said:
Hi everyone, im starting the cambridge diet tomorrow an was just wondering if the mini pill could affect my weight loss? The pill causes me to only have a period every now an again but this often means that my periods last up to two weeks when i do have one. After reading that some others tend to gain or not lose weight whilst on their period i was worried that i might not see a difference on the scales for up to two weeks and fall off the wagon :( Anyone else taking the mini pill and have some advice? :)

Hey prettygreeneyes, (greens the best :))

I haven't had the mini pill before but most other contraceptives, and I have found that CWP actually begins to regulate my periods as I lose weight, I imagine it's a combo of both, but before that I would go ages without having a period and they would last quite long which wasn't usual before contraception. Not 2 weeks though that must be quite a pain in the arse bless you! I never found that it affected my weightloss when I did come on but I guess some people are different. Even if worst scenario you dont lose weight whilst on a mammoth period, once auntie flow has left town you are bound to have lost a huge amount, even if it doesn't show on the scales much while she's around! But to be honest babe I think that it will be virtually impossible for you not to lose any over that 2 week period. (pun wasn't intended!) you will be losing much more than whatever you'll put on in period weight.

this is obviously important to you and there are obstacles like this thrown in our path but you have to see past them and long term :) a few months down the line or even sooner and you won't be looking back :)

Good luck chick! Xx

Back