Miserably failed at home

sliminspired

So the last four weeks I've been trying to do SW from home and not been successful at all so I took the plunge last nite and joined a meeting

The group was great picked up some great tips and so glad I went as I feel really motivated

So here goes Restarting on the plan again
Going to restart my food diary
Wish me luck and well done to those who successfully lose weight at home I found it really hard.

Anybody else out there who has tried it from home and struggled?

I haven't tried from home, been going 6 weeks to meetings, my meeting are a lovely bunch. Honestly I think if I did it at home I would fail. I need to have the pressure of someone weighing me, and the motivation I get from my group is vital.

you have given it a go at home so well done for that. You sound like you have come away from the group very positive, good luck in your first week of being part of a group. Keep us updated, bet you smash it :) x

Good luck, fill up on your free foods to decrease your cravings remember...

Same here twice I've had to stop attending class to save the pennies....but everytime I've ended up putting all the weight back on! I rejoined last week after coming back from holiday and cant wait to get to target once and for all! The pressure of being weighed by someone else and my result being called out in class is essential to keep me on track and motivated! X

Thanks for your replies x

Being at home with an 11 month old has been tough with me picking at her left overs lol I know I can't do this anymore as it all adds up to extra syns

For me now that im going to meetings and getting weighed will hopefully stop these bad habits

The group was good It was full of members who liked to cook It amazes me how creative people are with recipes

Two days in and I've planned my meals and stuck to it Been shopping and got all the right tools and I think this time I'm going to try lots of different recipes so that I don't get bored

I even went to the gym yesterday lol

Yes I am soooooooo Guna get this weight off and keep u all posted xxxx

I tried doing it from home last year when I was living abroad as couldn't get to classes, and although I did lose a bit it was all too easy to just let a day/week/month off sneak in in, and before long I'd put it all back on again. Going to class to get weighed in (and staying to group) really does help me, so hope it helps you too and you're soon well on your way :) xx

I tried it from home for a month and really struggled. I think its all down to personal choice though really. What may work for one, doesn't work for another. I love going to group and getting lots of tips. Great place for support. Plus for me, getting the certificates and stickers is great motivation and my weight loss has been much better since going to group. I think staying for Image therapy helps. I always seem to lose more when I stay to group each week. Good Luck :) x

When I use to go to weight watchers years ago when my girls were small. The leader told me as soon as they had finished their food put washing up liquid on it, this will stop you picking at it.!
I still do it now. Although now mine are teens they eat pretty much same as me.
Good luck with class I looking forward to going.

I tried slimming world millions an millions of times at home at the meetings it just didn't seem to work probably because I was a greedy effa lmao ! ive had hypno therapy now but still use slimming world recipes an guide my eating by it, ive found that if you think of your favourite food slimming worlds got great FREE recipes or low syn p.s I haven't a clue how to work this so im really confused I want to ask loads but don't know what im doing ? :/ xxx

Back