misleading calorie counts

Discussion in 'Diet Chef' started by strider, 27 November 2008 Social URL.

1. strider

strider Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    24st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Inspired by Diet Chef
    So the diet chef calorie values and the values printed for calories on the lookwhatwefound website differ from what is on the back of the packs.
    Have a look carefully at what you are actually getting. i would imagine the packet reading to be most accurate as, from what i know, the regulations on packaging are stricter.

The calorie diff is about 50 cals per meal out.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. CarolineM

CarolineM Stubborn and doing it

Hey, you are right. The Pork Meatballs I am having tonight are over 100 cals higher on the lookwhatwefound site!

Well, that's a puzzle ain't it!

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I dont trust any online things for cals etc. Ive been using the WW esource system and its so inaccurate its not funny.

Id agree that going by the packs in anything where cals etc count is far far safer

5. strider

strider Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    24st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Inspired by Diet Chef
    Its odd that the same company prints different values on the packet compared to what is on their own website.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.