Miss a week but you still have to pay

Unless you phone in sick or book a week off !!! Only heard about this rule today ... Came as a shock :eek:

Its in the terms and conditions at the back of your book, or at least it used to be xx

Know it is there so that people will not come and go as they please but if you miss a week you kind of think - well that's a tenner this week and I can't afford it - and stop going altogether as the weeks missed mount up.

Don't know what the solution is though.

Unless you phone in sick or book a week off !!! Only heard about this rule today ... Came as a shock :eek:

You should have been told but it is in the club rules. You get six weeks holiday and sickness a year. If people weren't charged a back fee then imagine how many people would just not cme cos they've had a bad week.

Why did you miss it? Didn't you think to drop your consultant a text?

I'm more shocked that you were surprised to be charged really!!!

You should have been told but it is in the club rules. You get six weeks holiday and sickness a year. If people weren't charged a back fee then imagine how many people would just not cme cos they've had a bad week.

Why did you miss it? Didn't you think to drop your consultant a text?

I'm more shocked that you were surprised to be charged really!!!

why are you shocked!? Did you not read my post properly? I said I didn't know about the rule. It wasn't explained to me. No I don't have my consultants number, why would I? I've only spoken to her in depth once when she explained the diet. She doesn't know my name. No need to be rude.

why are you shocked!? Did you not read my post properly? I said I didn't know about the rule. It wasn't explained to me. No I don't have my consultants number, why would I? I've only spoken to her in depth once when she explained the diet. She doesn't know my name. No need to be rude.

I'm not rude. Yes i did read your post. I understand you didn't know but when you sign your form you are signing to say you understand the club rules. Your consultants number should be in the book on the details page, if not, all numbers are on the website.

The reason I was shocked was that people would think that you could just not turn up to a group and not be charged.

The pont of the charge (I think) is so you feel committed to coming every week, facing the scales and focussing on your journey. It's for your own good, really.

Yes I now understand those rules. My point is was that I was not told about these rules, or that I needed to "phone in sick". I understand why the rules apply. My point is that my consultant did not tell me about them. I did not read the small print, but in something as important as this, I would have thought it was the consultants responsibility to check my understanding, prior to me signing, as part of her initial explanation of how sw works. Surely this is the protocol? One lady who attended had missed two weeks and similarly, had not been told of these rules and was asked to repay a joining fee. It came as a shock to her, too and so she decided to cancel her membership that night. I did not.

As for phoning my consultant to phone in sick, that would not have occurred to me, as I was unaware of such rules. I simply would not have considered myself important enough or missing a class to be of any importance to my consultant. Had I been informed, it would have been different.

I would have thought that most c's do explain most things to new members but there is a lot of information which I would think is part of why it is in written form too.
If you are signing something I would have thought it was your responsibility to have read and understood it before doing so.
Overall I would say it is in members best interests to have to pay for group apart from 6 weeks holiday a year as it keeps up commitment to going and helps keep the groups running.

We all miss things from time to time - what would be a real problem would be if your Consultant didn't mention this, or give you her phone number. Consultants should always make sure new members have their number, for support, advice, as well as for informing them of absences. It's supposed to be a lifeline for members!

Id of thought most people would of known if you miss you'd have to pay unless you inform consultant. hence you pay £14.95 when you join for joining and weighing.. An £4.95 each week you go. Too many would sack weeks off if you didnt have to pay a missing week and it doesnt make you very committed that way i dont think.
Now you know if your going to miss a week to make sure you inform your consultant :) Otherwise you'l have to pay for your missing weeks.x

When you fill out the form to join it says that you only get six weeks absences a week by the box where you fill out any holiday you have. I filled out my form on tuesday and noticed it then and our consultant didn't tell us when we had the talk - I think she assumed we knew because it was on the form we'd filled out before she did the talk about how to follow the plan.

I would have thought that most c's do explain most things to new members but there is a lot of information which I would think is part of why it is in written form too.
If you are signing something I would have thought it was your responsibility to have read and understood it before doing so.
Overall I would say it is in members best interests to have to pay for group apart from 6 weeks holiday a year as it keeps up commitment to going and helps keep the groups running.

How many people read the terms and conditions of everything they sign? Usually people glance at the paperwork and then say ok and sign it.

Not enough it seems but if you sign without reading it how is it the responsibility of someone else to have explained it to you?

Exactly! Ignorance is no defence in this case! The information was there to be read, unfortunately people don't always read it, and then try to blame someone else! :( sad times

Back