Miss Kaz - Diary of a scaredycat!

MissKaz

OK, so here goes.

Joined Slimming World last night, needless to say I was shocked at what the evil scales said!

When I think about exactly how much that means I have to lose, I just feel like heading straight for the nearest McDonalds!

Still, staying positive, at least I've made the first move to do something about it.

My first week is going to be somewhat of a challenge! It's a 4 day weekend for me, I have a wedding on Friday (absolutely no choice in food, and way too much alcohol!), lunch out and a music festival on Saturday and another gig on Sunday - so basically we're going to be out and about the entire weekend and grabbing fast food on the go with little choice - not to mention at least 3 days drinking! Gonna try and make sensible choices wherever I can, but I'm hoping that if i don't have a loss I won't get too disheartened!

I thought about putting off joining until next week, but then realised that thinking like that is exactly what's put me in the position I'm in now, so just figured I'd best bite the bullet and do it.

Wish me luck!! ;)

xxx

Stick to plan where you can, sometimes you can't help having a few days or meals where you can't stick to plan, they might not necessarily effect your loss so don't worry too much, you're just unlucky its all fell on your first week on plan!

Thanks hun, yep I plan to do my very best to stick to it, feeling very motivated at the moment (but that's probably because it's only day two, hehe!)

I have measured myself too, as i'm far more concerned about the numbers on the tape measure than the numbers on the scales! Going to re-measure once a month and check the results

So food-wise, day one looks like this: Didn't eat anything for breakfast (which I know was probably a mistake!) Had smoked mackerel and salad for lunch with wholemeal bread as my HE B (no butter). I didn't realise until after I'd eaten it that mackerel is not actually free as I'd thought - so will have to count that as syns!

Milk in tea was my HE A

Had a really upset stomach in the afternoon, not sure if it was lack of food, or the shock of eating something healthy, haha!

For dinner, had a jacket potato with a gammon steak (fat cut off) and more salad.

Not bad for day one I thought

This morning I learnt from my mistake and had some bran flakes for breakfast. Lunch will be ham with salad and wholemeal bread. Something I'm gonna find really hard on this diet is sticking to just ONE HE B - when I was doing it before I could have two, and I found I needed both of those during the day.

Tonight the plan is some sort of stew with lots of veg that i can shove in the oven while I go stock up at Tesco.

Any good tips for cupboard fillers that are quick and free that i can stock up on?

Hi Kaz, You can still do red/green days if you want and take advantage of the extra HEB - I find it helps me to have a few green days, rather than all EE. Good luck! x

Well I'm glad I didn't put off starting, as despite the bad weekend mentioned above, I managed a 3.5lb loss in my first week, woohoo!

I was actually fairly good(ish) food-wise, the food at the wedding wasn't too bad (lamb shank and veg, didn't eat the cheesy mash thingy that came with it), gave away half my awesome dessert, and made good free choices at the evening buffet (except for a couple of bits of french bread, meh)

On the Saturday I went for lunch at Prezzo and despite craving pizza, went for their lighter pasta arrabiata which comes with a big salad, and actually really enjoyed it (not to mention feeling quite smug at myself for my virtuous choice, haha!). Skipped dessert.

On the Sunday we went (unexpectedly!) to Nandos. Again, chose fairly well with chicken, spicy rice and a big (undressed) side salad again! Never eaten so much salad in my life!

The only thing i was reeeeeally bad on was alcohol - tried to stick to the slightly healthier vodka and diet cokes, but they were just going down so quickly, that i had to go back to my usual lager, as otherwise i was going to end up drinking 3 of them to every pint my other half had, hehe!

Spanx, thanks for the tip, I may actually do that, I have a feeling that I may struggle with the 1/3 superfree thing sometimes, and it would be useful to have the odd green day so i can take advantage of that extra HE!

Back