MissBlueEyes Weight loss Diary

MissBlueEyes

Intro

I have been up and down like a yoyo with my weight for various reason, but in that time i have also hit target a few times and enjoyed how living at target feels. More energy, feeling younger and looking like a whole new woman. So not to bore you all too much i shall just go back as far as 2 years ago. I was unhappy in my life from relationship side of things but i was 12 stone and around a size 12. I was exercising at the gym and running between 5-10k a day (gym was my escape, where i could clear my head and forget about things) Anyway still feeling unhappy about my life i decided that i wanted to make big changes. So i enquired at my local college to find out what courses they had for me that would enable me to go to university. I made up my mind that you only live once and that i was going to do it and start college as well as hold down a full time job and 4 children. I told my children that i was going to enrol and for them to keep their fingers crossed that i would be accepted. They were all so supportive and proud of me in deciding to take this massive step in my life. Then came the part of telling my bf, which i knew wouldnt go down very well. So i was told that i was selfish and only thinking of myself, which for a moment deflated my bubble.

So i decided that i had to make massive changes, not only did i have to end the relationship and be a single parent again but i had to work and achieve the high grades expected of me to get into university. Anyway long story short i worked my ass off and while doing so met someone else who has been lovely.

During my time at college i put on 2 stone taking me up to 14 stone, plus with a new partner wanting to take me out for meals and spoil me the weight just kept on going up. Lots of celebrations including a celebration of me getting accepted into university to train to do my dream job. Of course while all this is going on i am eating rubbish or fattening foods and ive no time to exercise.

So 4 weeks ago to my horror i seen that i was getting close to 16 stone, none of my clothes fit me and it was making me feel unhappy about myself. So i decided to join the local slimming world group, which i have to say are lovely and i had a warm welcome. Since i have joined i have lost 10lbs in 4 weeks and suddenly i feel more in control. At the same time i started dieting i also started the couch to 5k running program.

I am still at university, so studying hard all the time as well as training for a 5k run in June for a children's hospice.

Ive decided that i no longer want to just exist i want to live and enjoy my life and all that it has to offer. I can say some of the decisions i have made have not been easy and have made me struggle but im not willing to just put up with what life has to offer me. I will go out and achieve as much as possible and enjoy the ups and downs along the way.

A moto i always have in my mind is that you never fail if you never give up trying, you only fail when you give up trying.

It's the weekend and I've got a bf who is begging me to go to a Chinese resteraunt today, which isn't happening. I've told him we will cook a SW friendly Chinese meal instead.

Sometimes it's hard as he try's to sway me off plan but I'm so in the zone nothing will stop me. Well that's how I feel at the moment :)

Busy day writing essays and gardening :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Well done on the 10 pounds loss to date, a great start getting back in control of your weight.

You sound very determined and after dumping unsupportive boyf and following your educational dreams you obviously follow through.

Good luck... and I look forward to reading your diary of success. xx

I can sympathise with the unhealthy boyfriend, mine is the same too! Just try to explain to him how important his support is :) Well done on the loss so far!

Well done on the loss so far. You sound really motivated :)

I've downloaded the couch to 5k app too, although its only my 2nd run tonight lol xx

Well done on the 10 pounds loss to date, a great start getting back in control of your weight.

You sound very determined and after dumping unsupportive boyf and following your educational dreams you obviously follow through.

Good luck... and I look forward to reading your diary of success. xx

Thank you :) I'm so pleased with the weight loss and it doesn't feel like a diet :)

Xx

I can sympathise with the unhealthy boyfriend, mine is the same too! Just try to explain to him how important his support is :) Well done on the loss so far!

It's hard sometimes when they tempt us. Today we cooked chicken chow mien and special egg fried rice all syn free so that bf could see we can have Chinese at home without breaking my diet.

He tried to get me to buy wine to sit with him and drink at home. I wasn't going to be tempted I prefer to have a curly wurly for my syns.

Then in the pub he wanted me to have Malibu and diet coke. Lol errr nope just the diet coke lol.

So I've managed to stay on track despite the temptations :).

Is your partner the same deedz?

Well done on the loss so far. You sound really motivated :)

I've downloaded the couch to 5k app too, although its only my 2nd run tonight lol xx

Oh how fabulous, it's an amazing app that really works!! I'm running week 4 day 3 tomorrow. I'm not gonna lie I find running hard because I've a fair amount of extra weight but it's dropping.

Let me know how you get on with your run? X

Today was a good day went on a bike ride which I enjoyed, stopped off in a pub for a diet coke before riding home. Then cooked a sw friendly Chinese meal to finish the day.

Weekends can be hard to diet on and I always make sure I've plenty of free food around me.

Tomorrow will hopefully be just as successful with a run thrown in. It's getting quite tough running but my body is improving so much. Next week I need to do a 20 min run which I'm a bit nervous of.

I struggle with running too. I assumed I was quite fit as I do a lot of walking but running is a whole different ball game! I was really shocked at how out of breath I was after running for 1 minute and by the end I was ready to collapse :faint2: . I didn't get chance to run tonight so it looks like it will be tomorrow xx

Well done on your weight loss. That's fabulous :)

I decided to start the C25K and currently on W4 D1 (must get out and do D2) i found the jump from W3 to W4 was really tough my body ached for days. I think I'll be staying with W4 for a little while as I don't think I'm ready for W5 and the 20 mins run :?

Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday.

I always struggle with weekends but im making it my mission to stay in control.

Hope you have a lovely day :)

It's hard sometimes when they tempt us. Today we cooked chicken chow mien and special egg fried rice all syn free so that bf could see we can have Chinese at home without breaking my diet.

He tried to get me to buy wine to sit with him and drink at home. I wasn't going to be tempted I prefer to have a curly wurly for my syns.

Then in the pub he wanted me to have Malibu and diet coke. Lol errr nope just the diet coke lol.

So I've managed to stay on track despite the temptations :).

Is your partner the same deedz?

Yep! He can eat a whole packet of biscuits in one sitting and not put on a gram, and he's always offering them to me and if I have one bite I'll have a gain! Well done for resisting temptation :)

I struggle with running too. I assumed I was quite fit as I do a lot of walking but running is a whole different ball game! I was really shocked at how out of breath I was after running for 1 minute and by the end I was ready to collapse :faint2: . I didn't get chance to run tonight so it looks like it will be tomorrow xx

Aww I was the same and still am when it comes to the last minute of the run I feel like I need to stop. But keep going your body improves so much.

I didn't get to run this evening as stuck writing an essay

Well done on your weight loss. That's fabulous :) I decided to start the C25K and currently on W4 D1 (must get out and do D2) i found the jump from W3 to W4 was really tough my body ached for days. I think I'll be staying with W4 for a little while as I don't think I'm ready for W5 and the 20 mins run :? Sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. I always struggle with weekends but im making it my mission to stay in control. Hope you have a lovely day :)

It's week 5 day 3 that's the 20 min run. Oh I'm dreading it but going to do w4d3 tomorrow

Stay busy on weekends as that really helps. I had a fake away night on Saturday and enjoyed the aw Chinese food.

Today I was so busy it just disappeared

Good luck with your w4d2 put some inspirational music on while you run I find that helps me.

It's been a really busy day today went out on motorbike to a local market and tried on bike trousers. Which I never bought because boohoo the size to fit me had an X in it lol.

Then came back to bf house and sat trying to write an essay for uni while he cooked a roast dinner. All sw friendly :).

Sat watching TV together which was lovely. Then he took something I said the wrong way and got in a right mood. Oops.

But I've stuck to my diet regardless and hopefully it will show Wednesday on the scales :)

Yep! He can eat a whole packet of biscuits in one sitting and not put on a gram, and he's always offering them to me and if I have one bite I'll have a gain! Well done for resisting temptation :)

Yes that sounds a lot like mine.

He sat next to me this evening eating cheese crackers and pickled onions and then out came the crisps. Oh and I expect he will lose weight after eating that grrrr.

I gain easily too.

Well done for sticking to SW ... even with a moody boyf. It can be hard to stay on track when others put some stress in our direction but you should feel empowered you handled it so well and didn't turn to food. Good luck for a loss on Wednesday. xx

Well done for sticking to SW ... even with a moody boyf. It can be hard to stay on track when others put some stress in our direction but you should feel empowered you handled it so well and didn't turn to food. Good luck for a loss on Wednesday. xx

Can be hard when bf is in a mood but I just run lots and makes me feel better lol.

How are you doing, any good meals you have made this week??

Had a good day yesterday I was in university and I took my lunch with me. Got home at around 6pm cooked children's tea and then went out running. I was so proud of myself for running 2.53 miles last night :)

Weigh in day Wednesday and I'm going to lose 1.5lbs or more to take me Into the 14s

Tuesday

Stuck to the plan and really feel like I'm getting somewhere and I also feel like this time I will actually get to target and stay there.

Going to start training for my swim I want to do soon as it's a 1.4 mile open water swim in July.
So I was thinking of starting training in May time.

Anyway so many goals to achieve and hopefully each week I will have a few pounds less to carry

Back