Mission bikini bod!

ceridwen

Silver Member
Hi, my name is Alli, and I'm on a mission to get myself in shape for the summer (and hopefully to keep it that way!). I previously lost weight on Dukan, and reached my goal of 9st 7lbs in September last year...unfortunately I've put on just over a stone since then after stuffing my face with loads of crap........:eek:....oops.....

Anyway, no point on dwelling on that now, I just need to get back on the diet wagon and whip my big fat arse into shape :D.

I've weighed myself this morning, and my weight is 10st 8lbs - I therefore need to shed 15lbs to get to my goal. I'm going to start calorie counting tomorrow, and here is my meal plan:

Day 1 - Monday 10 March
Breakfast: Bran flakes with semi-skimmed milk (166 cal), white coffee (20 cal)
Lunch: Innocent Caribbean veg pot (334 cal), low fat yogurt (110 cal), carrots x3 (62 cal)
Dinner: Chicken lattice (342 cal), spinach (45 cal), creme caramel (113 cal)
TOTAL calories: 1192

Exercise: Spinning class (1 hour)

Last edited:
Lol have a look on my diary it's pretty much exactly the same as yours! I start tomorrow too! I'm here to follow you :)

Hi you good luck I am in same boat I went from 13 st 9 to 9st 10lb but crept back to 11st 3ln after some difficult events over christmas but i am now 10st 5 so know how you feel lets all shift this last bit together xx

Innocent pots are so nice I had forgot about them

Lol have a look on my diary it's pretty much exactly the same as yours! I start tomorrow too! I'm here to follow you :)

Hi Rosie! I will take a peek at your diary, and good luck for tomorrow - we can do it!!! :)x

Hi you good luck I am in same boat I went from 13 st 9 to 9st 10lb but crept back to 11st 3ln after some difficult events over christmas but i am now 10st 5 so know how you feel lets all shift this last bit together xx

Innocent pots are so nice I had forgot about them

Thanks dd, it definitely helps when you have support from this site :). I really want to get back into the 9's again!!

I don't normally buy the innocent pots as they're quite pricey for what they are, but they're half price at Sainsbury's at the moment!

Hi there, well done for deciding to get back to how you want your body to be. Just an FYI...a lot of people on here say that under 1200 calories a day is too little for women, as it can cause health issues. That's even more the case when you're exercising off some of the calories. Have you worked out your TDEE and your BMR? They can give you a good idea of amounts that are safe for you to eat. This thread can help: http://www.minimins.com/calorie-counting/202903-answer-how-many-calories-should-i-eat.html

Also, the way you said it...you 'gained weight by stuffing your face...' - is it possible that your diets have been too restrictive, making you want to eat lots as soon as you get off them? If you eat a sensible amount of calories it can change your way of thinking about food to something which is more long-term healthy and realistic, rather than a mission 'starve yourself'. Remember, you want to be able to be happy while your body is changing. Would you be happy on 1150 - 1200 calories a day, long-term? Or would you prefer to be able to eat a bit more and still lose weight? You can if you work out those numbers.

I suggest you think of this not just in terms of 'what goal do I want to meet in x months?' - but also, 'what's a sustainable, healthy way for me to relate to food, exercise and my body that will still serve me in 1...5...10...25 years'? :)

Hi SuperGroovy! Thanks for your message and the link. My BMR is 1450, and my TDEE is 1984.... so I guess maybe I should think about increasing my calories to around 1400....

I went for 1200 as that was the figure myfitnesspal gave me for losing 2lbs a week, but as I'm exercising too I guess that's the net total, so I definitely need to increase my intake!

I definitely try to restrict myself on diets, and it's always an 'all or nothing approach', I do need to start thinking about something that is sustainable....

Thanks so much for your advice, and good luck with your diet :)x

Welcome Alli & good luck with your weight loss journey!

I have a target calorie intake of 1,400 but barely ever reach it :(. So will be stopping by to see how you are finding things to maybe offer advice/pick up some tips :).

Thanks Lady A! Hopefully we can swap tips to reach the optimal 1400 cals :). I don't think I'll have problems reaching that, the challenge will be not going significantly over it!! X

Successful day today! After a few adjustments my total calories for today finished at 1502, but I did a lot of exercise (470 cals), so my net works out at 1032. I'm not sure how much I trust the exercise calories on myfitnesspal though.... I'll see how it goes after my first weigh-in.

I hope everyone had a good day, and stuck to their calories!!! :)

Hi Alli - welcome and good luck with you weight loss journey, its so hard to get the weight off but once u lose its even harder to maintain

A holiday is one of the main reasons i am dieting, glad you upped you daily calorie allowance or you would have been hungry with all the exercise

Hope to share the joys (and tears) with you - here's to suntans and sangria x

Hi Alli - welcome and good luck with you weight loss journey, its so hard to get the weight off but once u lose its even harder to maintain

A holiday is one of the main reasons i am dieting, glad you upped you daily calorie allowance or you would have been hungry with all the exercise

Hope to share the joys (and tears) with you - here's to suntans and sangria x

Hi Donna! Thank you for the welcome! Agghh, it's so annoying that I put the weight back on. I've been so greedy the past few months, oops....

Where are you going on your holiday? I've just booked a trip to Barcelona, so that's an extra incentive to lose weight!!

I'll raise a glass to suntans and sangria! We can do it!!!! :)x

Here is my food diary for yesterday:

Day 2 - Tuesday 12 March
Breakfast: pain au raisin (275 cal), low fat yogurt (105 cal), white coffee (20 cal)
Lunch: puy lentil & vine ripened tomato soup (190 cal), plum (30 cal), kiwi (44 cal)
Dinner: omelette with cheese, mushroom & bacon served with salad (dressed with balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil) (599 cal)
Snack: dried fruit & a small piece of flapjack - from graze box (160 cal)
Total calories: 1423
Exercise: 1K swim, 30 minute walk

I weighed in this morning and I've dropped to 10.5, so I just need to maintain this until my 'official' weigh-in on Monday to ensure I remain on target. I have an addiction to the scales, and can't help but check my weight every day.

I'm hoping to have another good day today. I have a spinning class this evening, and I'm planning on having pasta with a chilli pesto sauce for dinner - yum!

That soup sounds amazing - I am off to Turkey at the end of July - going with my super skinny sis and sis-in-law (and our respective families, parents) gonna be a big one and really fun one - we are returning to Hisaronou - where we all stayed when Paul and I got married in 2007 in Olu Deniz - I can't wait...but I need to seriously lose some weight pretty dam quick

Well done on the loss - do you weigh in on Monday?

That soup sounds amazing - I am off to Turkey at the end of July - going with my super skinny sis and sis-in-law (and our respective families, parents) gonna be a big one and really fun one - we are returning to Hisaronou - where we all stayed when Paul and I got married in 2007 in Olu Deniz - I can't wait...but I need to seriously lose some weight pretty dam quick

Well done on the loss - do you weigh in on Monday?

The soup was very tasty and filling, so a winner all round! I've never been to Turkey, but I love big family holidays, sounds like lots of fun!!! It definitely helps keep you motivated when you have something to aim for.

I weigh every day (bad habit I know), but as I started on Monday - that will be my weekly 'official' weigh-in day.

Hope you had a good day :)

Day 3 - Wednesday 12 March
Breakfast: pain au raisin (275 cal) - must stop eating these!!! white coffee (20 cal)
Lunch: king prawn & crunchy citrus salad (135 cal), cheese tasters crisps (155 cal)
Dinner: pasta with sausage, mushroom & chilli pesto, topped with parmesan and served with spinach (728 cal)
Snacks: Go ahead slices - orange & sultana (150 cal)
Total calories: 1463
Exercise: 1hr spinning class, 20 minute walk

I had a good day yesterday, and at the moment I don't really feel like I'm on a diet at all! I don't know if I'm eating too many calories, but I am doing a lot of exercise so I'll see how I get on, and adjust if necessary. My pesto pasta was absolutely delicious..yum yum... normally I'd serve it with garlic bread, but swapped for spinach instead. I'm trying to eat as 'normally' as possible, and just making little switches like that to keep the calories down.

Another good day today, and I just got back from a swim. I didn't manage to complete my normal 1K as they hadn't sectioned off parts of the pool for lanes for some reason..... I spent half my time trying to dodge a group of boys 'bombing' all over the place, and got annoyed and gave up.... haha :)

God your food today sounds divine! How do you make the pasta?

Hi Donna! I literally just chopped up some sausage and mushroom and fried together, then cooked the pasta, then literally mixed it together will the pesto (I used fresh sacla fiery chilli pesto). Really simple, and really tasty!

Back