Mission: impossible

evil weevil

I have 4! huge boxes of clothes that are currently too small for me... My mission for today is to sort them all out, charity shop any questionable purchases I made in my over-enthusiastic state last time I was slim & was trying out the girly look (does NOT suit - jeans/tailored trousers and polo shirts/nice blouses suit), and prepare bags of clothes in each size as I slim down.

Gulp. Wish me luck, and please send in a search party if I'm not back tonight! :D

Good luck! Sounds like a good idea - how nice to have the incentive of a bag of clothes to look forward to as you drop down the sizes :)
I'm doing the opposite today, Ebaying loads of clothes that are now too big that I NEVER plan to wear again :D
x

Ahh, I did that last time I got slim and have been very stingy on buying clothes for myself as I've gotten bigger again, as my work uniform is provided for me so I've managed on the bare essentials outside work - it's been car boot sales, hand me downs from fat friends and the occasional matalan buy so nothing is good enough quality to sell! Most of my slim wardrobe is also matalan/asda/tesco as I had to kit myself out entirely, so again anything I get rid of will be going to charity shops.

I have 2 pairs of big trousers and 2 big tops in the charity bag so far, but everything else will be small! I move house quite often so it will be nice not lugging loads of extra clothes with me.

Only four? I was writing in my diary on Wednesday that I was overwhelmed with all the clothing I had shoved up the loft over the last 15 years. Got it all down thinking it would all fit nicely now. Half of it is too big and the other half old fashioned or bought "because it fitted". Filled boot of car for charity shop, put 12kg to rags (earned myself a whole £6.00!) and planning to stick my toe in the water and start selling on every. Bought plenty over the years and never sold.

Be brave and get sorting through everything, I certainly feel better having been encouraged by a fellow minimin to tackle it head on! Not sure what size you are currently but I have recently discover the Inspire range in New Look. I find their range relatively cheap (mind you anything would be after Evans) but when they put stuff in the sale it's usually half price or less!

Good luck x

I love peacocks at the moment! Really good for when you're losing weight, as it's cheap and cheerful, on trend and they have all kinds of clothing- really got me out of a pickle a few Sundays ago after discovering my suit was too tight and needing one for the following day!

Well, I did it! 4 bags for charity, 1 bag for the rag bin and now only the one box of 'spare' clothes, all in size order from 14 at the top down to 8 at the bottom, and I even found a pair of size 16 jeans, hurrah - I can fit in to them! Not pretty AT ALL with big muffin top, but they do up! Looking forward to getting rid of most of my current wardrobe over the next few months too.

I have discovered something of a bra obsession though - I have nearly 30 of the damn things, 6 of which are now hanging up ready for use over the next couple of months but the rest are stuffed in a rucksack in size order ready to be brought out at a later date.

Whoooooooo hooooooo, bet you feel for sorting it all out.

30 bras?! Respect!! Xx

Absolutely it is! My 'now' wardrobe is calling me as it's all so scruffy bar my one smart suit, but I think I could easily get carried away and end up with zilch to wear for a couple of months if I'm not careful!

Back