Mission skinny!

xbrollyx

Hi everyone!

I have been calorie counting since November, and lost 2stobe 3lbs, got a bit lax and haven't lost for a good month or so. Thought slim fast may be the best kick up the butt I needed to get me going again!

So, my story...

I'm B, I'm 23 and I have a little girl who turns 2 in September, I'm a student nurse and I qualify in February, live with my boyfriend of 5 years, Leigh, who can eat anything and not put any weight on - needless to say this often makes him not very supportive of my journey.

Before I had my daughter I weighed 8.5stone, at 5foot this was an ideal weight. I was happy. Got pregnant, lost all the baby weight quickly and then piled it on...night feeds were accompanied by packets of haribo, maltesers, energy drinks and general junk. I was 11st11lb and presently weigh 9st 4. This still makes my BMI overweight! I have very little self esteem, hoping this improves.

I only want to lose 1stone, not a huge target but I don't loose quickly.

So, this is my third day on slim fast... I also do 1/2 and hour of exercise bike a night, and two 3-5km walks a week.

Weighed myself this morning and had a 2kg GAIN! Not where I wanted to start, but think it might be water weight from starting regular exercise. Not going to log it for now.

Anyway, sorry for the extra long introductory post! hope everyone's journeys are going well.... Will catch up on diaries now x

Ps - had been having ready made shakes (as there on offer in asda) but made my first powder shake this morning and they taste so different! Not v. Nice actually so may hunt out if there's anywhere I can buy bulk packs of ready made...

Or are the strawb/vanilla powders better than the chocolate?

Hey well done on your loss so far. The weight gain can sometimes happen when you start slim fat but it should come back off. I don't use the ready made as thy tend to be sweeter than the powder. There is a page on the slim fast forum here that everyone puts up where has got slim fast on offer maybe have a wee look at that and wee if anywhere has te ready made on offer.
X

Hi B welcome to the Slim Fast side of minimins :)

Can I ask how you made the powder shake? personally I use a blender and 4 cubes of ice and find it so much nicer than the ready bottles and much more filling.

Good luck on your journey x

Hi B welcome to the Slim Fast side of minimins :)

Can I ask how you made the powder shake? personally I use a blender and 4 cubes of ice and find it so much nicer than the ready bottles and much more filling.

Good luck on your journey x

Just 2 scoops and skimmed milk, I'll invest in a blender then maybe, thanks for the tip :)

Hey well done on your loss so far. The weight gain can sometimes happen when you start slim fat but it should come back off. I don't use the ready made as thy tend to be sweeter than the powder. There is a page on the slim fast forum here that everyone puts up where has got slim fast on offer maybe have a wee look at that and wee if anywhere has te ready made on offer.
X

Thanks hun, always love a bargain so will check it out!!

Not going to lie, didn't even touch a slim fast yesterday!

Calorie counted though and with exercise net total came to 1240 though so not horrendous at all. Saturday wasn't brilliant either but not completely out of control.

My nearly 2 year old has been up half the night being a madam, and then came into our bed at 5 awake awake. She's not a great sleeper generally and is normally up at 6. I'm just so tired! Survive on diet red bull. She's very clingy at the moment too, and can't get anything done during the day as she needs my attention, so spend my night after she's in bed cleaning/exercising/Uni work so I always go to bed late....never catching up on sleep at all.

Anyway, enough moaning. Going to Nottingham for a night out on Saturday, it's about two hours away from me so means a night away. I hardly ever go out so will be nice. Abd then the week after me and my other half and daughter were meant to be going to turkey, but some stuff happened and we had to cancel. We've decided to travel up to Liverpool just me and the other half and have two nights away as a couple.

De vere village hotels have a fantastic offer in at the moment for dinner bed and breakfast from £68 a night so works out quite cheap.

Obviously diet won't be top of my priorities but will take slim fast for travelling days and just try and make healthy choices when I can.

Going to have a couple of on track diet days and then weigh, not hopeful though :(

Hiya B,

Well done so far, you really seem focused! My little girl is 2 in Sept as well and tiredness is the WORST! Keep up the good work and I'm sure the weight will come off :) xx

I'm sure sleep deprivation is the worst kind of torture! It is a lovely age though, I love seeing her learn new things each day and how much she grows!

Back in June it was my OHs birthday and I'd been telling her we were going to cook a cake for daddy, she turned to my mum and says 'cock cake daddy!'

When's your little ones birthday? Ellie's is the 13th, can't wait :)

My mega skinny friend who I'm going out with at the weekend has just text me saying that we should all go for an all you can eat Chinese before we go out, I can't just tell her that I'm afraid of eating so many calories and then consuming them in alcohol too! It's silly but it's really panicked me. I knew my weekend was going to be off the wagon but I was on damage limitation.... Someone tell me that obsessing isn't the way forward :/

Need to get over myself really!

Good couple of days food and exercise wise, still not seeing a loss but I'm not disheartened, I can see I'm getting slimmer and I've upped the exercise without a day off as yet, so probably have a bit of water weight.

Tomorrow my other half wants to go out for a meal as his ex boss is leaving the restaurant and he wants to say goodbye.... So terrible obviously for calories and then the day after I'm going out for a meal with friends and then out in the evening.... Not a good weekend!

You do had to live though, and I'm young and going to enjoy it! And just work extra hard after the mini break me and the other half are taking next week.

Hope everyone is getting in we'll :) x

Hi B,

Nice to meet you. I'm also in the same boat. I'm not as slim as you but I want to start off losing 15lbs and I'll see where I can go from there. My son will be 2 years old in a few months and I need to lose some more of the baby weight I gained. I'm have an athletic build but I know I need to lose some fat.

I also work full time in a high stress position, have my little guy at home and a hubby who can also eat anything he wants and build like a football player. I need to focus and really try to lose the weight and that's why i'm here to meet people like you and the other posters to keep me on track :D

Hi all,

I'm here to join you on mission skinny if that's ok! Today is day 1 getting my butt into gear and taking control of my overeating!

Ok so me in a nutshell...I'm 5 ft 4 in and weight 13st 2lb (size 16). On my wedding day 7 years ago I was a happy and healthy size 12 and 10 stone exactly and my plan is get back to that me who had loads of energy and felt great. Since then I've had a beautiful son who's now 4 1/2 yrs and about to start school next week eek!! I successfully lost my baby weight with Slimming World but unfortunately we've had a v stressful 6 months and my problem is when I'm stressed or down I comfort eat to the extreme!!

I don't plan to be on Slimfast long term as my husband and I are both real foodies (part of the problem!!) and I think the Slimming World plan will work better for me long term. BUT I need a 'boost' to get motivated and get my overeating & portion control sorted first which is where I think Slim Fast will be great. So I'll be on it until I shift the 1st stone and then on Slimming World after that.

Day 1 is going ok so far - I've had a shake for breakfast and I'm just having an apple as my first snack. I do have a couple of questions - Is it ok to have the odd tea/ coffee with skimmed milk and sweetner? Also is diet coke allowed?? If it's not I think I'll have to bend the rules as I need the caffine at the moment!!

I think this site is really great for inspiration and practical advice - I'll be on it a lot that's for sure! So just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm here.

xxxx

PS: I also have a v slim husband who eats like a horse and never puts on weight - whats that about?!!!

Hi all,

I'm here to join you on mission skinny if that's ok! Today is day 1 getting my butt into gear and taking control of my overeating!

Ok so me in a nutshell...I'm 5 ft 4 in and weight 13st 2lb (size 16). On my wedding day 7 years ago I was a happy and healthy size 12 and 10 stone exactly and my plan is get back to that me who had loads of energy and felt great. Since then I've had a beautiful son who's now 4 1/2 yrs and about to start school next week eek!! I successfully lost my baby weight with Slimming World but unfortunately we've had a v stressful 6 months and my problem is when I'm stressed or down I comfort eat to the extreme!!

I don't plan to be on Slimfast long term as my husband and I are both real foodies (part of the problem!!) and I think the Slimming World plan will work better for me long term. BUT I need a 'boost' to get motivated and get my overeating & portion control sorted first which is where I think Slim Fast will be great. So I'll be on it until I shift the 1st stone and then on Slimming World after that.

Day 1 is going ok so far - I've had a shake for breakfast and I'm just having an apple as my first snack. I do have a couple of questions - Is it ok to have the odd tea/ coffee with skimmed milk and sweetner? Also is diet coke allowed?? If it's not I think I'll have to bend the rules as I need the caffine at the moment!!

I think this site is really great for inspiration and practical advice - I'll be on it a lot that's for sure! So just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm here.

xxxx

PS: I also have a v slim husband who eats like a horse and never puts on weight - whats that about?!!!

Hiya! *waves* I am starting tomorrow & quite looking forward to it. Like you I lost 4 stone about 8 years ago on slimming world and slowly slowly a stone & a half has crept back on. I rejoined slimming world but it's just sooooo slow! I think for me it's because I've been using it to maintain (ish! Haha) my weight, my body is too used to it! I've got a stone to loose which I plan to do on slim fast, then going to do slimming world to maintain. I'd also like to know if 0calorie fizzy drinks are allowed, like Pepsi max. Also what about sugar free squash?? I don't think I can live without squash x

Hi all,

xxxx

Hi and Welcome,

I'm a newbie too, just started yesterday. Like you I am such a foodie and my husband also can eat anything UGH!! How that makes me sad hehehe

I did my 2 shakes yesterday and I think I had a few more snacks than I was suppose to because I was munching with my son lol I Hae to say I did 75% well so that's pretty good for my 1st day. I am also a diet soda drinker , though many people say it keeps you bloated with the carbonation but I really enjoy a glass here and there nothing crazy.

So see you back soon and I hope to hear more from you all :)

Hi ladies, can I join in please? I'm on my first day of slim fast and okay so far.
I'm 34 and 5ft 1in. I lost 2 stone with sw last year but I can't for the life o me get back into it and have practically gained the lot back.
i need something to give me a boost and a bit of a re-education around portion control.
i have two little boys aged 3.5 and 2 who are going through a fighting/screaming phase which is stressing me out and guess what I do when I'm stressed???? Ha ha ha.

I'm using the meal bars rather than hakes as they seem more substantial. Had one for breakfast with black coffee and another for lunch with a slim a soup as a snack for around 60 cals.

Good luck everyone xxx

Hi everyone,

Aww its so nice to have replies and realise that we're all in the same (or v similar!) boats. I'm also 34 :)

I'm still going ok, had my 2nd shake for lunch and have got 2 x ryvita with 1 x laughing cow light triangle and 1 banana for my remaining 2 snacks before dinner. I'm hungry but I'm bound to be given my eating habits of late - hopefully it will get easier! The hunger is nothing like when I did Lipotrim for 2 weeks a year ago though - that didn't suit me at all. I made myself quite ill on it and just obsessed and craved food constantly! I lost 12lb in 2 weeks but it soon went back on when I started having food again. Slim Fast seems much more manageable longer term (for me anyway) as I'm not denying myself to the extremes and have a hot dinner to look forward to every evening.

Hi ladies, can I join in please? I'm on my first day of slim fast and okay so far.
I'm 34 and 5ft 1in. I lost 2 stone with sw last year but I can't for the life o me get back into it and have practically gained the lot back.
i need something to give me a boost and a bit of a re-education around portion control.
i have two little boys aged 3.5 and 2 who are going through a fighting/screaming phase which is stressing me out and guess what I do when I'm stressed???? Ha ha ha.

I'm using the meal bars rather than hakes as they seem more substantial. Had one for breakfast with black coffee and another for lunch with a slim a soup as a snack for around 60 cals.

Good luck everyone xxx

Hi and welcome. I'm turning 32 with a 18 month old and he's in the pre terrible 2s already lol very stressful and I work a very high paced/stressed job with all men around me all day!! So I always snack on bad things but i'm here to lose the weight and see if I can have some people on here help motivate me as well. Yesterday was Day 1 SF and it was ok, better than I thought. Today so far, I feel less hungry so I guess that's a good sign.

Hope you're having a great day!

Hi everyone,

Aww its so nice to have replies and realise that we're all in the same (or v similar!) boats. I'm also 34 :)

I'm still going ok, had my 2nd shake for lunch and have got 2 x ryvita with 1 x laughing cow light triangle and 1 banana for my remaining 2 snacks before dinner. I'm hungry but I'm bound to be given my eating habits of late - hopefully it will get easier! The hunger is nothing like when I did Lipotrim for 2 weeks a year ago though - that didn't suit me at all. I made myself quite ill on it and just obsessed and craved food constantly! I lost 12lb in 2 weeks but it soon went back on when I started having food again. Slim Fast seems much more manageable longer term (for me anyway) as I'm not denying myself to the extremes and have a hot dinner to look forward to every evening.

I agree SF is much for manageable for me and it's pretty much my go to diet plan when I need :)

Hey everyone just had a read throu and ive gotta say im in the same boat as most of you.
Im 29 5ft7 and currently weighin 13.13 :( last year got down to 12st with SW and loved it but just piled it back on and cant seem to stick to SW at all :(
Day 5 ov slim fast for me and really enjoyin it. All I think about is wat I can eat for tea and that keeps me goin lol

Ha ha same here i think all day about my tea and use time that im bored or want to eat searching websites for new recopies i can try for 600 or 100 cal snacks xxx

Back