MissM's "No More Messing" Food Diary :-D

missM

So here we are - Sunday is my new day 1. I was going to start on monday but thought I'd just bite the bullet and get on with it. Putting this off is part of the reason I now have around 2 stone in weight to lose. Im doing SW from home, i had considered going to a group but decided that as I already had the books from a half hearted attempt last year, i may as well just use those.

I will post my full diary for today later this evening but wanted to start this thread off before then so that I know i have somewhere I must post later on today and justify every scrap of food that enters my mouth!

Have a good day all xxxx

So here we are - Sunday is my new day 1. I was going to start on monday but thought I'd just bite the bullet and get on with it. Putting this off is part of the reason I now have around 2 stone in weight to lose. Im doing SW from home, i had considered going to a group but decided that as I already had the books from a half hearted attempt last year, i may as well just use those.

I will post my full diary for today later this evening but wanted to start this thread off before then so that I know i have somewhere I must post later on today and justify every scrap of food that enters my mouth!

Have a good day all xxxx

Welcome! Hope you have had a good first day :) x

Sammy x Was 14st 3, now 13st 12 xoxoxox

Hi had a mixture of a day struggled when i was at the inlaws which resulted in a bag of crisps and a treat size chocolate but this is only day 1 of a long journey! Have used some syns but when i used to do this my consultant would say to use syns as a weekly value rather than daily so im not going to fret too much. Syns for the week are 70 - 105 (10-15 per day).

Breakfast: 4 bacon medallions, 2 scrambled eggs, banana and 1 alpen light lemon bar (HEB).

Lunch: baked potato (HEB), 75g philly lightest (HEA), tuna, salad leaves, 1tbsp salad cream (1 syn), pickled onions and gherkins.

Dinner: roast pork, mange tout, carrots, 100g sweet potato (4.5 syns), 100ml gravy (1.5 syns)

Snacks: Tassimo Chai Latte 2.5 syns, walkers cheese and onion crisps 9.5 syns (ouch!!!) and asda treat size bubble bar (like a mini aero) 6.5 syns (double ouch!!) apples x2, banana x2, 1 alpen light apple and sultana bar (HEB)

Total syn value for today = 25.5 which is horrendous but believe it or not compared to what i would normally eat this menu is a massive improvement. Going to base my syns on 70 for the week so that leaves me 44.5 to use over the rest of the week. Some exercise tonight should provide damage limitation too.

I am going to plan for the week and make sure i stick to it. The plan is not restrictive I just need to be more creative in my snack ideas i think.

Hi had a mixture of a day struggled when i was at the inlaws which resulted in a bag of crisps and a treat size chocolate but this is only day 1 of a long journey! Have used some syns but when i used to do this my consultant would say to use syns as a weekly value rather than daily so im not going to fret too much. Syns for the week are 70 - 105 (10-15 per day).

Breakfast: 4 bacon medallions, 2 scrambled eggs, banana and 1 alpen light lemon bar (HEB).

Lunch: baked potato (HEB), 75g philly lightest (HEA), tuna, salad leaves, 1tbsp salad cream (1 syn), pickled onions and gherkins.

Dinner: roast pork, mange tout, carrots, 100g sweet potato (4.5 syns), 100ml gravy (1.5 syns)

Snacks: Tassimo Chai Latte 2.5 syns, walkers cheese and onion crisps 9.5 syns (ouch!!!) and asda treat size bubble bar (like a mini aero) 6.5 syns (double ouch!!) apples x2, banana x2, 1 alpen light apple and sultana bar (HEB)

Total syn value for today = 25.5 which is horrendous but believe it or not compared to what i would normally eat this menu is a massive improvement. Going to base my syns on 70 for the week so that leaves me 44.5 to use over the rest of the week. Some exercise tonight should provide damage limitation too.

I am going to plan for the week and make sure i stick to it. The plan is not restrictive I just need to be more creative in my snack ideas i think.

Well it sounds good for a first day! The first is the struggle!
You will get there and I want to start synning for the week but I don't know how it would go.
I've only had 3 syns so far today but definitely trying to limit to 10 as I must have had 100+ last night with a takeaway pizza ha!
You doing exercise on a Sunday night!? That's dedication :)

Ive got 2 exercise dvds that I bought months ago still in the wrapping so not sure about dedication! But i need to do something and theres no time like the present. ive got a rosemary conley slim and salsacise dvd and a jillian michaels 30 day shred. my plan is to do the RC one until i get a bit fitter and then introduce the machine that is jillian to my life.

today has been an "original" day and i think i may try a green day tomorrow. To top the day off, when i finally got a new battery for my scales i weigh 4.5lbs more than i thought i did!

Ive got 2 exercise dvds that I bought months ago still in the wrapping so not sure about dedication! But i need to do something and theres no time like the present. ive got a rosemary conley slim and salsacise dvd and a jillian michaels 30 day shred. my plan is to do the RC one until i get a bit fitter and then introduce the machine that is jillian to my life.

today has been an "original" day and i think i may try a green day tomorrow. To top the day off, when i finally got a new battery for my scales i weigh 4.5lbs more than i thought i did!

Aw think positive! Today's day one, it takes time :)
Sounds great about the DVDs. All I've done today is eat so I just feel great.... Naaaawt! Whoops x

Well done fot biting the bullet and starting today. Youve done the hard bit now... keep going x

thankyou! definitley onwards and downwards, not much i can do about weighing more than i thought - just going to have to work extra hard at shedding it!

thankyou! definitley onwards and downwards, not much i can do about weighing more than i thought - just going to have to work extra hard at shedding it!

That's the spirit! We are all in it for the long haul! X

Back