mistletoe and wine.......and chocolate..and cheese........and cake

kellythepeg

Silver Member
How much is everyone "letting go" over Christmas? Totally throwing in the towel for a few days and really treating yourself or the occasional treat but Slimming World-ing the dinner and 28g of cheese only! I need to decide soon as I am sending myself crackers (mm..crackers!).

Part of me wants to relax and really not worry about the food. Eat all of the things I love and make the absolute most of allowing myself an annual 'treat' (not that I don't eat chocolate and Chinese takeaways most weekends anyway! :rolleyes:). The other part of me is wondering why bother gaining weight (because it is a cert!) when you can make the main event SW friendly anyway and you don't eat pastry and cake the rest of the time so why I feel the need to stuff my face over the festive period is beyond me..!

Would gaining a substantial amount of weight be worth the food that I ate?

Am I over-thinking this?

Have I got too much time on my hands?

Ha ha :) in all seriousness though, should I just shut up and eat? Or is everyone else being sensible and should I stick consider sticking to plan as much as is physically possible? (I imagine there will be slip ups, as is often the case with eating at other people's houses!) as it is totally doable - I do it the rest of the year!? But............tis the season to be jolly...and eat!?

Xx

Your not over thinking it, everyone has a different opinion on the matter. I'll be gaining a lot and then loosing it as I just want to enjoy a few extra treats (okay quite a lot of extra treats) and then worry about it in the new year. Personally I think that's what most people do this time of year sometimes without even realising, if I didn't get weighed every week I wouldn't have realised I'd gained this week.

But if you personally feel its worth it then its not worth it at the end of the day.

Sorry I know this isn't much help to you but it really is a personal choice, you have to decide if you do think its worth gaining and loosing again.

I do think it partly comes down to whether you feel you will struggle to get back on plan once the festivities are over. Last year I was happy to finally get back on plan as I was starting to feel a bit rubbish with too many goodies. However some people find if they relax too much with their food they struggle to get back on track after.

I relaxed this weekend and have struggled since to get back on track but I think that's partly because my head has decided its nearly Christmas now

I usually have 2 days Xmas and Boxing day completely off plan but to be honest after eating fatty food (pies dessert) that I dont normally eat Im glad to get back to plan because it lies heavy in mystomach and makes me feel rubbish.

I know that I won’t struggle to get back on plan afterwards at all. In fact, if I’ve had a couple of days off plan I’ll be even more determined to be 100%.....I feel soo rubbish when I treat myself that it has come to a point where usually I just think that it isn’t worth it! I am determined to have some treats this Christmas though :) only on Christmas Day and Boxing Day mind!!

I have written my Christmas shopping list today and it’s looked pretty OK-ish.. I won’t bore you with the good stuff but here’s a list of my Christmas treats/syns:

-Fresh orange juice (for cooking carrots and sweet potatoes)
-Fresh pomegranate juice (for cooking lamb on Boxing Day)
-Box of celebrations (so I can treat myself to a couple every day – I am surprisingly good at showing restraint when it comes to big boxes of chocolates!)
-Milky ways – my fave :)
-Weight-watchers fresh puddings (microwave treacle sponges, chocolate sponges and crumbles)
-Ambrosia low-fat custard
-Honey (for cooking carrots and parsnips)
-Christmas pudding (hoping they do some EatSmart / NuMe low-fat versions for me – if they are mini then I may get 2!! :))
-Mince pies (again, very good at showing restraint but I HAVE to treat myself to a mince pie at Christmas – I have avoided them for months at work!!)
-Plain peanuts (for sweet chilli prawn noodles on Christmas Eve)
-Wholemeal melba toast (for Slimming World paté starter on Christmas Day)
-Plain green olives in BRINE in a jar (1 syn per 8 olives)
-Cranberry sauce
-Sweet chilli sauce
-Tomato ketchup (for bacon sandwiches!)
-Brown sauce (for bacon sandwiches!)
-Gravy granules for Turkey
-Stuffing
-Leg of lamb (Boxing Day..mmm!)
-Mint sauce
-Stilton
-Smoked cheese

What do you think??? And more importantly, am I forgetting anything??? Lol :) x x

Back