Mix-A-Mousse Question

westiegirl

Gold Member
On this, my umpteenth restart, I have finally got around to using mix a mousse, which I've had over the last couple of days.

Can somebody please advise me whether I can make this up in advance and eat it later or does the 15 minute rule, like making shakes apply.

I would quite like to make one up in the morning and have it ready to have as soon as I get home from work. This is my real danger point when I really want to nibble badly and the last 2 days I've turned to having a bit of chicken. I want to stay 100% with no nibbling this week and I'm not having bars for another week yet because I'm only on day 10 of my restart.

Not sure but I'm guessing the 15 minute rule would apply as you are mixing your pack up arent you? The mousses do set faster in the freezer tho, leaving less time to wait! Also, why not make a jelly to eat when you get in, with supercook gelatine and your water flavour? That might help too.

HTH! xx

Not sure but I'm guessing the 15 minute rule would apply as you are mixing your pack up arent you? The mousses do set faster in the freezer tho, leaving less time to wait! Also, why not make a jelly to eat when you get in, with supercook gelatine and your water flavour? That might help too.

HTH! xx

Thanks - both good tips that I didn't know.

I think I'll have to make a trip to the supermarket for gelatine and food colouring. I quite fancy the trifle that I've read about on here :D

I Asked This Question To My Cdc Last Week And She Said That It Doesnt Have To Be Eaten Within The 15 Mins,ive Made It Up And Had It Later In The Day,she Said That This Was Fine,
Elaine X

Back