Mix of meds effecting my orlistat? Anyone else?

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

I was taking orlistat and my toileting was going well lol just very loose lol (sorry for the details lol)

I have recently been very ill with a x-ray after a minor car crash found i had a fused spine, this goes along with the symptoms of swollen feet fatigue nodules forming not being able to walk far without pain and doc thinks I've got an aggressive form of arthritis or a couple of different ones going on but waiting for a proper diagnoses but rheumatologist waiting list is mega long and I cant be fastracked due to having sypmtoms for longer than 6 months grrrrr! lol I seriously need to lose weight now after yo yoing for so long.

I have recently been taking the following and my number 2's have been really hard and i feel like the orlistat isn't working now as cant see any oil whatsoever like before even though my food intake has not changed.
Any ideas?

Breakfast - 60ml steroids (begins with p)
Naproxin 500mg
Tramodol 50mg
Propranolol (beta blocker)
Paracetamol 500mg
Orlistat
Multi vitamin

Lunch - Tramodol 50mg
Paracetamol 500mg
Orlistat

Dinner - Tramodol 50mg
Orlistat
Naproxine 500mg

Nighttime - Tramodol 50mg
Lanzoprasol 60mg
Amatryptaline 50mg

Im only 30years old and I'm becoming more disabled as the months go on so have to keep taking the tablets for pain relief. I have 2 small children one with ASD/ADHD and a husband who works nights so sleeps during the day so life is really hard. But with my youngest one starting school full time next week I'm hoping I can concentrate on my weight loss better planning and prepping etc but just hoping the pain killers and steroids don't ruin it for me. I am doing sw as i know it very well and attending a friendly group that is at a friends house where we encourage each other but everyone on different types of diets/plans etc...

Has anyone else had similar probs with meds effecting it?

I was on Tramadol for about 4-6 mths and was using prunes in juice, daily and aleo vera juice with cranberry 25ml x2 daily it's helps but not completely

When you are saying that you aren't seeing any oil in your stool, that means that your diet is perfect for the fat content. The tablets only make you have a oily stool if you eat over the recommended fat intake. Your dr will have in the BNF if orlistat will conflict with any of your painkillers, I would have a word with him. I also suffered quite Badly with constipation when I first started but I have found that that is getting better (most days!).

Good luck with your weight loss Journey. Xx

Hiya! As Vic says, you shouldn't see any oil at all if you're eating well, so don't worry about it. I've stopped taking Orlistat now, as they were giving me health problems, but I took them for two years and didn't see any oil unless I'd eaten really badly. I take many, many medications as well, including 6 doses of painkillers a day, and get monster constipation too, which is probably because of the codeine or something. Are you still losing weight ok? :) xx

I was on Tramadol for about 4-6 mths and was using prunes in juice, daily and aleo vera juice with cranberry 25ml x2 daily it's helps but not completely

Thankyou x i cant drink those on SW though because they would be high in syns but if I get really stuck I will try it :)

When you are saying that you aren't seeing any oil in your stool, that means that your diet is perfect for the fat content. The tablets only make you have a oily stool if you eat over the recommended fat intake. Your dr will have in the BNF if orlistat will conflict with any of your painkillers, I would have a word with him. I also suffered quite Badly with constipation when I first started but I have found that that is getting better (most days!).

Good luck with your weight loss Journey. Xx

Thank you :)
I wont worry too much then lol just keep getting tight pangs top of tummy in middle of ribs but i suppose it could be anything at the mo lol x

Hiya! As Vic says, you shouldn't see any oil at all if you're eating well, so don't worry about it. I've stopped taking Orlistat now, as they were giving me health problems, but I took them for two years and didn't see any oil unless I'd eaten really badly. I take many, many medications as well, including 6 doses of painkillers a day, and get monster constipation too, which is probably because of the codeine or something. Are you still losing weight ok? :) xx

Thanks, sorry to hear they gave you problems. I seem to be yo yoing losing 7lb then gaining 6 then losing 2 then gaining again its a bit confusing but I'm not giving up this time as I really must find what works and stick with it :)

How are you doing without Orlistat now? X

I have bad osteoarthritis and other joint problems along with a fusing spine. I've been in the same tablets as you along with stronger ones and now take hardly any. I'm not saying I'm not in pain I am however it's a lot more bearable without the weight. I even gave back my blue badge disabled sticker last year because when I looked at the form to reapply I realised I could walk a lot further than I used to. I still need a knee replacement and I've got no hope of it being done before I'm 50 minimum. (It's been needed since I was 33 and I'm now 45). But since losing nearly 6 stone it's been a lot better. For every pound in weight you lose you take 4lb of pressure off your knees and I'm presuming other joints.
It's not easy with osteo or any other type of arthritis as your weight can fluctuate a lot with water retention around the joints and the psin causes a lot of chronic fatigue But you can do it. You just have to persevere through the naff times as well as the good. I'm presuming with the beta blockers you've got a heart condition as well.
I've had reflexology for the last 3 years and I believe this has also helped with the pain relief as well as weight loss

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm doing fine without them, thanks, no difference apart from not feeling quite as ill, lol. Just trying to get my last stone off now! I developed gallstones, which is something you can get with Orlistat, so am having my gallbladder out next month. :) xx

I'm doing fine without them, thanks, no difference apart from not feeling quite as ill, lol. Just trying to get my last stone off now! I developed gallstones, which is something you can get with Orlistat, so am having my gallbladder out next month. :) xx

Sorry to hear a out your gallstones. I had thrm last year and had my gallbladder out just before last christmas and have been muvh more comfortable than I was :) hope yours works out all ok x you sound like you are doing well keep going :) x

I have bad osteoarthritis and other joint problems along with a fusing spine. I've been in the same tablets as you along with stronger ones and now take hardly any. I'm not saying I'm not in pain I am however it's a lot more bearable without the weight. I even gave back my blue badge disabled sticker last year because when I looked at the form to reapply I realised I could walk a lot further than I used to. I still need a knee replacement and I've got no hope of it being done before I'm 50 minimum. (It's been needed since I was 33 and I'm now 45). But since losing nearly 6 stone it's been a lot better. For every pound in weight you lose you take 4lb of pressure off your knees and I'm presuming other joints.
It's not easy with osteo or any other type of arthritis as your weight can fluctuate a lot with water retention around the joints and the psin causes a lot of chronic fatigue But you can do it. You just have to persevere through the naff times as well as the good. I'm presuming with the beta blockers you've got a heart condition as well.
I've had reflexology for the last 3 years and I believe this has also helped with the pain relief as well as weight loss

Thankyou thats very encouraging about losing weight helping alleviating the pressure x glad yours has got bit better. :) xx

Are you finding the Orlistat ok without a gallbladder then? I wasn't sure if you were supposed to take it without one. I've got boxes of it piling up, so may take it again after my op if it's ok. :)

Are you finding the Orlistat ok without a gallbladder then? I wasn't sure if you were supposed to take it without one. I've got boxes of it piling up, so may take it again after my op if it's ok. :)

Yes as my doc knew i had no gallbladder when i started on them and never said anything :)

I was fine on them until i started the concoction of other pills lol

I get weighed in the morning but secretly weighed this eve and it said id had a gain of 5lb eeeek! Ive been so good on sw too apart from 1 choc bar after my car crash (just needed a little comfort lol) that surely wouldn't have put 5lb on me!!! plus im not going to toilet half as much as i was before so think it could poss be constipation or something as tummy feels a little out of sorts x

I would ask your doc about gallbladder issue though as he/she might have advice etc... Hope it all goes well x

Xx

Whoop on steroids and still lost 1.5lb this week so content with that :) xx

Most people gain 4-5lb over the course of a day. The morning is your true weight. The evening weight will Aldo have 3 meals drinks and snacks in there as well

Back