MixAMousse - Moussey at the top, watery at the bottom?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Fattack, 29 November 2009 Social URL.

1. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    I'm having trouble with my Mix a Mousse :(

I'm using about 180ml water, with the full scoop of MAM and the full sachet. I've been using the methods (like making a paste and gradually adding the water) detailed here but I'm still having issues with the top eighth of my mousse being moussey and the rest being more watery, like a semi-thick soup :/

Should I leave it in the fridge longer? I'm keeping it in there for about 10 minutes, and I'm using refrigerated water... Has anybody else experienced this problem?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. boardwitless

boardwitless Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    I use about 150ml of water and put it in the freezer for about 15 minutes - blend with a hand blender as a whisk wouldn't do it for me. The Mix-a-mousse powder needs blending rather than whisking IMHO

4. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    Yup I'm using a hand blender, it's not lumpy in the slightest, the only issue I'm having is with it not moussing :(

I'll try the freezer tactic though, thank you!

5. onlyme!

onlyme! is a naughty girl...

Diet:
    CD
    do you mix the MAM in with the sachet before you add the water? I use 200ml and mine thickens :D

6. BubblyPenguin

BubblyPenguin Recovering Foodaholic

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I blend mine with about 140ml with refridgerated water, but not mix into a paste- i put the water in and the dry ingredients on top, then blend- it's alway creamy :/

7. Fattack

Fattack Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(23.33%)
    Diet:
    WeightWatchers
    did exactly the same as i was doing before, but put it in the freezer for 15 minutes as suggested. was slightly too long for my freezer, but almost perfect <3 thank you everybody!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.