Mixing Different VLCDs

Discussion in 'Exante' started by Maka, 9 June 2010 Social URL.

1. Maka

Maka A New Woman

Start Weight:
    173lb
    Current Weight:
    157lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    16lb(9.25%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    As I tried to decide which pack to have tonight, I remembered the packs left over from my unsuccessful dabble with "All About W8". I have a week's supply and wondered whether there would be a problem with mixing Exante with W8 as long as I stayed within the calorie limits e.g. Choc-Orange bar(Exante), Spaghetti Bolognaise (W8) and Vanilla Shake (Exante).
    It would be kindda nice to be "chewing" rather than sipping/gulping...kindda :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    As long as you check the calories (need to be around 200) and the carbs (need to be about 15g-20g) it shouldn't be a problem.

Your W8 stuff is the same product as the Avidlite Dietimeals (made by the same manufacturer) and I have quite happily swapped their shepherds pie for an Exante soup on occasion over the last couple of weeks with no ill effects.

4. Maka

Maka A New Woman

Start Weight:
    173lb
    Current Weight:
    157lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    16lb(9.25%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Wow, thanks Yambabe! Now I'm looking forward to that spag bol tomorrow...mmmm, or maybe I'll go for the curry noodles...hehehehehhe :)

5. Dreaming2010

Dreaming2010 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Current Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ok now Im confused...how can you have stuff like that for so little calories?? Ive not heard of this W8 diet? Is it a miracle or something?

6. Maka

Maka A New Woman

Start Weight:
    173lb
    Current Weight:
    157lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    16lb(9.25%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    It's another VLCD: I tried it for about 3 weeks but had a constant splatter-bottom and gave up. Here's a link:
    Lose Weight Fast - Healthy Fast Weight Loss by All About W8

7. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Your curry noodles may not be suitable for a TFR diet, make sure you read the packaging. ;)

Dreaming there are a number of VLCDs that use the same products but just rebrand them as their own. The base range includes soups, bars and meals. I know All About W8 use them, as do Go Lower, New You and a couple of others too. Have a search on here, again there is a very informative (although possibly slightly out-of-date) thread about it.

I've not had the spaghetti bolognese one but when I say "shepherds pie" don't get all excited lol and imagine a proper shepherds pie with meat and a potato topping cos it's basically a dried soya-based meal that you add water to and stir/cook for a couple of minutes.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember Vesta curries but making it kind of reminded me of them lol. The thing they probably look most like is baby food though!

Depending where you get them from they are not too expensive (although Exante is cheaper if you are buying the bumper packs) and make a nice change to have occasionally.

The cals and carb content are very similar to an Exante soup so I've had no worries about topping up my supplies with them. :)

8. Maka

Maka A New Woman

Start Weight:
    173lb
    Current Weight:
    157lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    16lb(9.25%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Help me out please Yambabe, because I don't want to stuff this up. Both the spag bol and curry noodles are 35g packs and 120 Kcal each. Carbs are 12.6g and 12.2g respectively.
    Will I be all right then?

9. Yambabe

Yambabe Bad Girl

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    4st12lb(32.54%)
    Diet:
    Refeeding (Exante)
    Yeah they should be fine. :) In fact because they have less cals than your Exante packs you may even lose a fraction more weight, or if you are having a really hungry day you could probably get away with having two!

The Avidlite ones are 58g packs and have slightly more calories (206 or 216) and more carbs (17.9g or 22.5g) and as I said I've been fine with them.

10. Dietkitty

Dietkitty Rebel without a calorie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Yambabe, do you know what the veg cottage pie is made from? I can't eat Quorn.

Ignore me! Just realised it's not the one you've been having anyway lol.

I have ordered the Shepherds Pie from Avidlite

Last edited: 10 June 2010
  11. Dietkitty

Dietkitty Rebel without a calorie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.33%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    Ah, I have just gone through the whole process of registering on W8 to be able to buy some meals but you can't unless you're ordering 28 packs.
    It will have to be Avidlite instead as I can't stand the Exante soups and am craving something savoury!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.