Mixing Sachets?

Hoping2LoseBig!!

Silver Member
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else mixes the shakes and some soups and there is always some powdery ball bits left over and just wont seem to turn into shake etc?
I use a whisk but the one with the handle that u turn (hope that makes sense) does anyone recommend anything to help thanks xx

Hi Hoping2LoseBig

Never tried mixing packs, I must lack creative thoughts.

I think that some of the recipies involve more than one sachet - for example, making a 'mars bar' using chocolate and vanilla.

Would be interested to see what people do. I was intrigued at the idea of using a little banana powder in tea instead of milk - its meant to be nice.

Hi,
I always mix half and half of the chocolate and banana packs together.......absolutely lush!!! I have it for my breakfast every morning.
To stop getting the lumpy balls I would recommend a electric hand blender....they are quite reasonably priced if you get the cheapest one from TESCO or ASDA..only about £5 I think. I couldn't do this diet without one. In fact I have already wore one out and am on my second one...I bought the more expensive model from ASDA this time which I think was about £8....but definitely a godsend and a must have for anyone doing CD.
Hope I have helped.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else mixes the shakes and some soups and there is always some powdery ball bits left over and just wont seem to turn into shake etc?
I use a whisk but the one with the handle that u turn (hope that makes sense) does anyone recommend anything to help thanks xx

You could really do with a stick blender. They are very cheap and it will make such a difference to your shakes. I've heard the ones that Nicki mentioned are fine :clap:

If you have a few more pennies, I'd highly recommend getting a magic bullet type mixer, they are absolutely fantastic. So easy to use and wash and very inexpensive for what they are.

I use mine almost daily since coming off the diet and it's still going strong. One of my very best buys in the kitchen :)

I mix vanilla with chocolate, with a heap of coffee and ice for a lovely mocha frappe! Its lovely. Can have it hot too. Tend to layer different flavour mousses too. My favourite is a layer of choc, then i mix a dab of orange flavouring with the mousse mix and vanilla and layer this on top. Its to die for, just like cheesecake. Not keen on many other flavours.
Couldn't possibly manage without blender, not keen on the shakes unless blended - too powdery.

Hi - I agree with the others that you need a blender. You can pick them up so cheaply these days.

If you have £25 to spare then I would definitely recommend this one:

Hinari MB280 The Genie Multi-attachment blender: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

It's like a Magic Bullet blender and it makes your shakes taste like milkshake. You just half fill the cup with ice cubes, top up with water and powder and blend for a few seconds. It changed my CD life :).
Before I bought it I thought the shakes were OK - once I bought the magic bullet I started looking forward to shakes, even preferring them to bars.

I'm now working up the plans and am going to phase out the CD products from next week. I'm really going to miss my shakes, especially the cappuccino one, so will have to start making smoothies instead...

i save a bit of choc powder or choc mint & add it 2 the plain porridge because i found it a bit bland.

Back