Mixing SnS and CD

DollyGirl92

Hi! I wasn't sure where this was supposed to go.
I've seen a lot of people who mix the Slim N Save products with the Cambridge one's I was wondering how you do you this?

I've tried a few samples from Slim N Save and they were really really nice (Spag Bol and Chocolate Truffa Bar) and I'm currently finding Cambridge a bit hard (I really don't like the soups and only enjoy the Chocolate Velvet Tetra and Banana Shake) so I though mixing the two would be perfect. Just a few questions for those of you that do.

1. Do you use some SnS and some CD products everyday or use them as a treat now and then?

2. How does your CDC not notice? I'm worried mine will notice that I'm buying less products.

Thankyou in advance!

Anyone? :)

Hi, I looked in to it but decided not to. S & S doesn't contain 33% of your daily vits & minerals unlike cd so decided to stick with cd & if it was too hard move to ss+ or 810.

If you do want to mix, I'd just tell your cdc you are moving up a level so you'll need less.

Hiya, I mix my products all the time. Its nice to have a hot meal now and again so I like to have the chillis etc. Some of their products are suitable for TFR and some need you to take vitamin supplements.

I haven't told my CDC but I've just told her I got things left over from days off I've had. You could be honest or maybe tell her you've taken some days off for a special occasion, or a friend has finished her diet and given you loads of products. Up to you really.

Thankyou! I thought they were balanced the same, I tried a few products and they were really nice, but I know that I couldn't do this diet without the weigh in every week!

I tried the spag bol, chill and the chocolate truffa bar and they were so nice! which products are your favourite?
Do you have them just on occasion or a few times a week?
Thanks for the help.

If you have 3 S&S packs a day then you need to have veg/protein with it and a multi vitamin

If you have 4 packs a day then thats all you need :)

Starlight, I emailed S & S & they confirmed that 4 alone isn't enough. For example the spaghetti bol has 19% of one vitamin (I forget which) which means that even 4 wouldn't be enough. They are manufactured to French standards not UK. This isn't necessarily a problem but good to know.

I'm the same, need that weekly weigh in to keep me going! And if I had the scales myself I'd probably weigh myself everyday, not good.

I love the chilli and choc truffa too, just like dark chocolate mmmm

AnnieAnnie said:
Starlight, I emailed S & S & they confirmed that 4 alone isn't enough. For example the spaghetti bol has 19% of one vitamin (I forget which) which means that even 4 wouldn't be enough. They are manufactured to French standards not UK. This isn't necessarily a problem but good to know.

Really? Because other people have been told it is. That's a worry...,

Just read the stuff they send you. It says if you have 3 packs you need to take a multivitamin. That's mentioned several times also says the other option is to have 4 packs.

That sounds like very conflicting advice

Starlight said:
Really? Because other people have been told it is. That's a worry...,

Just read the stuff they send you. It says if you have 3 packs you need to take a multivitamin. That's mentioned several times also says the other option is to have 4 packs.

That sounds like very conflicting advice

You're right starlight I had the conversation online today with someone from s&s.
I was asking if I could have eggs or tuna as I'm getting bored with chicken. She actually recommended I had 4 packs then I wouldn't need the added protein! I've never heard that 4 packs wasn't ok, apart from the lady aboves reply.

i had no idea about sns until now..im on 4 cd packs a day as i have a tough physical job so just ordered a few sns samples, if theyre nice then i may tell my councillor im going to 3 packs and small meal then have the sns as my fourth. i'll save a wee bit of money that way

i couldnt do it all sns though i too like my weekly weigh in, if i did it myself then id faff about and make excuses for myself.

For some reason I can't copy and paste. But if you choose the spag bol for example on the s&s website and then choose 'click here for nutritional info' (on the right hand side, half way down) it shows the breakdown. Vitamin A is 19% per packet, as is vitamin d, b5 and iodine and magnesium. Plenty of others are under the necessary 25%. As far as I am aware, the products are the same as dietimeal, which, I was advised shouldn't be done as a vlcd for this reason.

Obviously, I appreciate that even these levels may be higher than people were previously eating and I have no issue with people choosing to do this. I'm hoping to fall pregnant when this is done, so I would rather stay with cd and the higher vitamin & mineral levels. It's an added bonus.

The man at S&S advised to have 4 packets a day (I take 4 on cd) and a vitamin tablet. I'm not entirely sure it would all be absorbed, and in any event felt a bit misled by their website so decided not to. Although the idea of a chilli was hard to resist :)

Hope this helps :)

In reality I suppose if it's made to french rdas rather than UK then there is probably no issue. But as I say, I was just unhappy that this is what was being said on the website, but the nutritional info does not back this up. I also thought that swapping from cd to s&s would mean a direct reduction in the vits & Mins I was already having and I did not want to start feeling worse as vlcds are hard enough in any case :)

Back