Mmm just a question , dont get annoyed!!!!

roannegreenway

Hello All, well i started today at SW and was wondering if its normal for SW consultants to be quite big themselves, I come from a WW background and my sister in law is a Leader and has to keep within a certain weight to be able to hold classes, but this morning the consultant was my height and alot bigger than me ( and i have at least 5 stone to lose ) i was just wondering, dont get me wrong a lovely lady that i warmed to straight away and am very impressed by her knowledge of the plan ....as i said dont get annoyed !!! xx:)

I'm not really sure on the "rules" with Slimming World, but it's an interesting point which hopefully someone can bring some light to.

My consultant is still on her weight loss journey, and I like that. It shows members that she is no different - she too struggles with her weight and is literally 100% with us on our journeys.

Thank you for the responses , I just suppose I was worried that the plan didn't work long term , but after reading alot of stories on here today I think it's just learning a new mindset once your where you want to be ..... X

There are no rules whatsoever around becoming a consultant except that you must have lost weight the SW way. How much is irrelevant.

You know how we can set our target at whatever weight we like, within or out of healthy bmi range, well consultants are members so can do the same.

Your C may well have lost 10 stone already and be at Her target weight and delighted with how far she's come. She may be half way through her loss and decided to take a break. Who knows!

There are no rules whatsoever around becoming a consultant except that you must have lost weight the SW way. How much is irrelevant.

You know how we can set our target at whatever weight we like, within or out of healthy bmi range, well consultants are members so can do the same.

Your C may well have lost 10 stone already and be at Her target weight and delighted with how far she's come. She may be half way through her loss and decided to take a break. Who knows!

Has this changed then Mrs.S because when I was looking into it to become a C you did have to be within a certain range of the top end of your healthy bmi? You can set your own target though yes which is one of the things I love about sw and disliked about ww. xx

*Emsie* said:
Has this changed then Mrs.S because when I was looking into it to become a C you did have to be within a certain range of the top end of your healthy bmi? You can set your own target though yes which is one of the things I love about sw and disliked about ww. xx

Maybe??

It was last December when I went to the open session thing?

Unless its further on in the process that they disclose? But I got the impression that weight wasn't an isuse? xx

This is really interesting, thanks for posting this x

I went to an opportunities event back in July and my consultant told me that I would have to be 14st or less (i'm 5'9 so not sure on bmi for that). However, when at the event, I was told by someone else that as long as I am comfortable with my weight and still following SW then it isn't so much of an issue. The woman running the opportunities event said that SW does not penalise consultants who gain weight, just that you have to have to continue to be a member as well as doing your consultant role.

I used to have a very big consultant who banged on abut how she had lost 8 stone and then piled most of it back on, whilst then spending almost the whole of image therapy telling us all the crap she had eaten that week. In that case, I think she was a rubbish consultant and when I rejoined this latest time I looked for a local group that wasn't run by her. I mentioned her in passing to my current consultant who is area team leader and she said that in our area they were hang a massive shake up and retraining a load of consultants. I do think that even if a constant isnt necessarily skinny they can be good, they just need to believe in the plan and I think they should be following it, not saying all the stuff they eat off plan. That's just bad advertising for SW, really!

I went to an opportunities event back in July and my consultant told me that I would have to be 14st or less (i'm 5'9 so not sure on bmi for that). However, when at the event, I was told by someone else that as long as I am comfortable with my weight and still following SW then it isn't so much of an issue. The woman running the opportunities event said that SW does not penalise consultants who gain weight, just that you have to have to continue to be a member as well as doing your consultant role.

I used to have a very big consultant who banged on abut how she had lost 8 stone and then piled most of it back on, whilst then spending almost the whole of image therapy telling us all the crap she had eaten that week. In that case, I think she was a rubbish consultant and when I rejoined this latest time I looked for a local group that wasn't run by her. I mentioned her in passing to my current consultant who is area team leader and she said that in our area they were hang a massive shake up and retraining a load of consultants. I do think that even if a constant isnt necessarily skinny they can be good, they just need to believe in the plan and I think they should be following it, not saying all the stuff they eat off plan. That's just bad advertising for SW, really!

This sounds like my consultant! She said she had lost 8 stone ans regained at least 4 back and openly says she doesn't follow the plan :eek: i thought it was just my group lol, have been thinking of looking for another group, she is nice enough but i asked for 2 books 4 weeks ago and she still hasn't even ordered them yet :(

There should be some rules about who can be consultants as it takes guts to walk in to a slimming club so they should be trying to inspire their members. I have no problem if my consultant was to be a bit bigger and still on their journey but they need to be positive or what's the point. For those of you who have consultants like that I'd say move group, I moved groups because I wasn't impressed with my original consultant and it was the best thing I have done

This sounds like my consultant! She said she had lost 8 stone ans regained at least 4 back and openly says she doesn't follow the plan :eek: i thought it was just my group lol, have been thinking of looking for another group, she is nice enough but i asked for 2 books 4 weeks ago and she still hasn't even ordered them yet :(

I'm in Kent too- Maybe it s the same one! :p

Yep, I think we are indeed talking about the same one!

Oops..did you find a better one? there is one in Brompton in the morning that i'm thinking of going to, or another in Twydall?

I go to the Thursday morning one in brompton- the consultant there is lovely. I've weighed in at the twydall one before though haven't stayed to image therapy, but it had a nice atmosphere. I do think liking your group and the consultant can make a massive difference. Like I said, I purposely avoided groups run by one woman even though they are closer to home.

I go to the Thursday morning one in brompton- the consultant there is lovely. I've weighed in at the twydall one before though haven't stayed to image therapy, but it had a nice atmosphere. I do think liking your group and the consultant can make a massive difference. Like I said, I purposely avoided groups run by one woman even though they are closer to home.

Yep, sounds like the same women to me! i did contact A about the brompton meeting and hoping to go there in a couple of weeks after my holiday as i figured it would be kinda like a fresh start, and also i like the fact that it's in the morning.

So sorry to highjack the thread...i will ssssh now :p

Back