Moan of the Day... Why's this diet driving me crazy !!!

katsmad64

:eek: Not feeling good today after being 100 % on SW plan + excercising drinking water loads doing ee green & red Ive had a gain + 1.5 ( on my scales ) Wi day tomorrow. I am lossing confidence with this plan & thinking about trying something else . Why is it that some people do well & others not ? No matter how much they have to lose. My friend is doing so well 10 lbs in 5 weeks & has just over a stone to loose & she moans it's not fast enough I'd be so pleased ! Now I'm sounding bitter which I'm not :p. Don't know where to go from here but I do know that I want t lose weight just not sure if SW is right for me :sigh:.

My scales are showing a gain this morning, but I don't see how it's possible as I have done everything by the book, including body magic. I weigh in tomorrow too.

I keep telling myself it's not a race, everyones bodies are different and if I stick to the plan i WILL get there, but it's still frustrating.

If your exercising lots are you having your full syns?

Wait and see what the official scales say, I'm sure it'll be a loss, but if not stick at it for at least another week as if you've been following the plan and exercising there is no way you have gained fat, it must be something hiding your loss such as water retention...

If your exercising lots are you having your full syns?

Wait and see what the official scales say, I'm sure it'll be a loss, but if not stick at it for at least another week as if you've been following the plan and exercising there is no way you have gained fat, it must be something hiding your loss such as water retention...

I agree! Stick with, and see what the official WI says. Sometimes sneaky WI's at home only confuse matters and make you feel bad!

Dont weigh in mid week! I did it, had a wobble at home thinking I hadnt lost anything, went to group and I had lost 6lbs! Its not worth it x

Plus mid-week weigh ins mess with your head. If you think you've gained it can make you feel disheartned & give in, whereas waiting until official WI will be accurate.

Thanks for advice know I shouldn't of weighed but thought I'd done so well , was shocked when it wasn't what I expected a gain not even sts ! I'll let you know what offical wi is tomorrow :)

:eek: Not feeling good today after being 100 % on SW plan + excercising drinking water loads doing ee green & red Ive had a gain + 1.5 ( on my scales ) Wi day tomorrow. I am lossing confidence with this plan & thinking about trying something else . Why is it that some people do well & others not ? No matter how much they have to lose. My friend is doing so well 10 lbs in 5 weeks & has just over a stone to loose & she moans it's not fast enough I'd be so pleased ! Now I'm sounding bitter which I'm not :p. Don't know where to go from here but I do know that I want t lose weight just not sure if SW is right for me :sigh:.

It is so hard, when you loose weight slowly... I have lost 10lbs in around 6 months, so I really do know how you feel and when you friends loose waaayyy more than you, you can't help but let it get to you, it being normal.... My friend joined with me, and she was loosing around 4lbs each week, it was literally falling off her.

I was doing Weight Watchers for 6 months, and I changed to Slimming World last Friday, and I'm hoping that will be what I need.

But wait to see what your result is when you officially WI.... have you kept diaries?? spoken to your consultant??

are you eating enough SUPERFREE FOOD ??

Lisa xx

The original poster has lost 6 pounds in four weeks, the second poster has lost over a stone in six weeks. The first is a respectable loss, the second is amazing. Neither of them know whether they have gained this week or not, because weighing on your own scales doesn't count. SW is working well for both of you - you just need to keep going.

Anna, my scales have been thrown out today! I was getting on them every morning and the result would really affect my mood. I am amazed with how much I've lost so far and even if I have gained this week (* week) it won't put me off.

AnnaFaraday said:
The original poster has lost 6 pounds in four weeks, the second poster has lost over a stone in six weeks. The first is a respectable loss, the second is amazing. Neither of them know whether they have gained this week or not, because weighing on your own scales doesn't count. SW is working well for both of you - you just need to keep going.

I may be taking this the wrong way, but are you being funny ? As it is certainly how I have taken it. I know nothing if the member apart from reading the first post on this thread, I do not know about how much weight they have lost as it says no where how much original has list. I have replied to the post. That's it.

The losses are on their signatures.

I don't think for a minute Anna is being funny at all. She is quite right, both posters are losing weight well, so there's no need for them to be worrying!

jaylou said:
The losses are on their signatures.

I don't think for a minute Anna is being funny at all. She is quite right, both posters are losing weight well, so there's no need for them to be worrying!

I can't see signatures as I'm on my phone... :(

So apologies for that !

And if they are loosing weight as said above, then there is nothing wrong with that loss

Lisa

Have you done your measurements? I gained a pound last week and was very disappointed and couldn't understand why so I redid my measurements (after 7 weeks) and had lost 12 and 7/8 inches... I was delighted and it really got me motivated :-D x Good luck tomorrow x

The demon scales made me utterly miserable from Sunday-Tuesday this week. I borrowed my mum's and they were saying I'd only lost 1lb after losing just 1lb last week too. I know a loss is a loss, but I am incredibly strict (Day 65 of 100% atm) and I exercise a lot.. I really wanted a good loss. I sulked my way into class and lost a whopping 6lbs. The scales have now gone back to my mother.
Don't do it to yourself. Stick to the plan and trust your body xx

I am also not weighing in mid week after last week. Scaels at home said 4lbs loss, SW scales said 2 lbs loss. Would have been happy with 2lbs if I hadn't expected more!

I am at a loss to understand why my previous post could have been thought of as "funny". What I was trying to do was to point out - and I am not the first to do this - that there is often a gap between someone's perception of how well they are doing and the actual facts of the matter. And the facts are those which have been provided by the people themselves, in the statistics at the left hand side of the posting. If the statistics hadn't been there I couldn't have mentioned them. I couldn't - wouldn't - have made them up to make a point, funny or otherwise.Maybe I should have made myself clearer - I wanted to say that the two people who are at the top of this thread are doing really well, despite feeling that they should be doing better, and should be congratulating themselves. Well done, keep going, I wish I was doing as well as you!

Stats don't show up on iPad either. I've always wondered what people were saying when they talk about "I can see from your stats". Thought it was just because I didn't have enough posts. Now I know thanks

Back