Moderate or very active?

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Wasted Ink, 23 April 2010 Social URL.

1. Wasted Ink

Wasted Ink Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(19.16%)
    Diet:
    Heathly Eating/Calorie Counting
    OK, I need to work out how active I am for one of those online calculator things (I know they're not terribly reliable, but they're a baseline.) So the options are sedentary, lightly active, moderately active, very active or extremely active. Anyhow, this is what I do exercise-wise during the week:

1 hour of weights (split up into two sessions, working most major muscle groups.) The weights are not particularly substantial - about 9-12lb.

Between 20-50 minutes of VERY intense cardio (usually 78-90 % of my maximum heart-rate.) five or six days a week. However, other than this, I’m pretty sedentary during the week, my usual week will consist of:

1 hour of walking around the supermarket (at a moderate/slow pace.)
    2 hour out in town (one of which will be walking at a moderate pace.)
    Sometimes a half an hour walk in the area (not every week though.)

Other than that it’s just doing computer work at home, very light cleaning and occasional walking around the house/garden.

I think given the fact that I do intensive cardio, but am fairly sedentary during the rest of the day would put me into the moderate exercise bracket, but I’m not too sure.

Any ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shabba

Shabba Loves the Nom Nom!!!

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(11.84%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    My opinion on that would be that you are very active :)

4. Aline

Aline Gold Member

Current Weight:
    7st9lb
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    maintenance: healthy eating & exercise
    well, I would make a calculation for both (moderate and very active) and then I would find the arithmetic mean between the two results. but if you really want to pick one, probably go for very active ;)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.