Moisturising hand cream

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by Pierce, 22 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Yes I know I am a bloke and should be all blokey and watch football and stuff but.. I recently had to get a handcream. Mainly because when the weather changes between hot and cold my skin can't handle it and it gets tight and starts to bleed it gets so tight.

So I got a handcream from a pharmacy, standard handcream, and what I hate about handcreams is that they are tacky and sticky. Now for a bloke this is totaly unacceptable.

We had a bit of a meetup with the family and one of my aunts who works in a health store gave me the end of some Aloe Vera handcream tube.

Whats really nice about this moisturizer is that it isnt tacky once you rub it into your hands and doesnt leave a tacky feeling on your hands.

So guys, if you suffer dry skin on your hands, you can use this stuff. Any Aloe Vera Gel, preferably 99.9% pure. Just have it hidden somewhere and when you have it on your hands so it looks like hair gel (dont put it in your hair of course) once you rub it in its dry and nobody will notice, only your wife/girlfriend, who will wonder why your hands are baby soft...

Pierce

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ANNTEXT

ANNTEXT Full Member

Diet:
    weight watchers (points)
    Thats great - i think i try that one!
    Even thou my hands are not that bad i always use it after a washing up or cleaning!

hopefully it ok for senstive skin thou! - but worth ago!

thanks

4. minilady

minilady Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I love a man with baby soft hands;)

5. Roch

Roch Minimins gal x

Start Weight:
    27st2lb
    Current Weight:
    25st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    Low cal/low fat
    Hi pierce what is the name of it as there are so many of them around and i suffer from very dry hands as i am a cleaing fanatic so my hands are always in water or chemicals.

6. Pierce

Pierce Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(13.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting, Healthy Eating & Exercise
    Aloe Pura
    Organic
    Aloe Vera
    Gel

[​IMG]

AloePura Aloe Vera - yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk

Thats the one i got today. I think it can be pretty much used on anything including your face, though im not brave enough to use it on my face!

Pierce

7. jazz

jazz naughty night nurse

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.87%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    can i add aloe vera is very good for burns and minor cuts and fabulously cooling on sun burn,went through a whole bottle on holiday ,keep it in fridge

8. AnnaNimity

AnnaNimity Likes to lurk

Diet:
    AllAboutW8
    Thanks Pierce! I've just ordered some.

I get the same thing with my hands but for me it's caused by eczema and it's all year round. I really hate the feeling of moisturiser and with two kids and a full time job I don't have much time for sitting around with sticky hands (yuck!!) so I often leave it until they're really painful before I do anything about it... :sigh:

So this may the answer I've been looking for! :D :D

9. Janey

Janey Intuitive Eater

Diet:
    intuitive eating
    Haha! That's great Pierce and hey, it's wise for guys to be super cool and pretend their moisturising hand cream is hair gel!! ;) ;) ;) :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.