Monday 25th June First Weigh In - Starting weight!!!!

Will fill this in tomorrow morning when I start this is going to be one big long journey I think my finish point will be where a lot of you are starting. Anyway Hi to anyone reading this and here is to a big fresh start :)

Hi I'm sure you will be fine, I'm starting again been to America on Holliday and put loads on too. Good luck and stay focused x

STARTING DAY

Will fill this in tomorrow morning when I start this is going to be one big long journey I think my finish point will be where a lot of you are starting. Anyway Hi to anyone reading this and here is to a big fresh start :)

Right big deep breath 25st 11lb

Good morning, well I have weighed in at 97kg not good at all! So now its time to stay positive, I'm sure with lots of surport on here we can do this. I have also joined up with my fitness pal too witch is good for logging all your calories I find it very helpful you can add me on there if you like, good luck on your first day x

Good morning, well I have weighed in at 97kg not good at all! So now its time to stay positive, I'm sure with lots of surport on here we can do this. I have also joined up with my fitness pal too witch is good for logging all your calories I find it very helpful you can add me on there if you like, good luck on your first day x

Hey I am not sure how this site works yet or how to add anyone but as soon as I work out how I would like to thank you. Have you been trying to lose weight long? I have been one of those totally unmotivated types that means to start then comes in from work totally shattered and hungry and grabs something totally wrong to eat and then gives up - not good at all. This time though I have got through my first day followed it to the letter and feel good. I have terrible knee pain and I have noticed when I am out and about so many other people of similar build are limping so maybe just maybe some weight loss can help with that!
x

Well done doing your first day, I also compleated a good day. I've been trying on and off for years really its so hard when you love your grub lol.I get so far then give up I lose a fair bit to start then it goes stagnant for weeks so I get fed up with it which is the wrong thing to do really then have to start again.
I had some trouble with one knee and yes weight loss helps a lot as the weight puts a strain on your joints, you can also get some tablets from Holland&Barrat called Glucosamine Sulphate 1000mg they helped a lot and you can order them online if you can't get to the shops.
I have to be good this time as my cholesterol is high well good luck for tomorrow and check the tablets out might help you x

Hi thanks I feel good about day one it is just keeping going am currently trying to decide what to have for my breakfast so sat here keeping my fingers busy typing rather than nibbling what I shouldn't be having. If I can get to a month all should go ok I usually suffer first day failure/day 3 or get to about 3 weeks and go haywire so I really do have to avoid that possibility!
Like you I love my food, these days it is my only vice.
Excellent news re possibility of improving knee through weight loss, I was thinking of trying cider vinegar/honey treatment, I used to take glucosamin about 15 years ago stopped at time as I couldn't afford it but anything that cuts the amount of painkillers would be fab. I do work but sometimes it is a lot more of a struggle than it should be.
Hope your day goes well :)

Hope your day has gone well for you? X

yeh had a good day - struggling getting organised it but managed it and feel good, bit headachy I think from lack of chocolate but that is a good thing it will do me good to cut it out for a week or two how about your day?

Morning, yes it went well thank you, I'm just worrying about work now, am in on twelve hr shifts all weekend running around I work on a dementia unit with 32 residents hard going, trouble is I'm always limited to what I eat as to what they have. May have to try and get myself some stuff packed up. Well done yesterday.

I understand totally I am a community carer and we work some mad hours and trying to arrange meals, I did a split shift yest and spent all my time in between chopping and preparing healthy lunch then preparing tea but if the scales say less next week then it will be worth it. It is my weekend to work coming up and I am usually in and out the house like a fiddlers elbow so I really don't know how best to address that.

I have been quite bad today went to a friend's who had a bbq she did not have one piece of salad just bread and meat but I did try and limit myself so tomorrow I will have to over compensate, why do we feel so guilty for enjoying ourselves.
Hope your day went better than mine x

Hi have struggled today a bit but stuck with it totally, even kept off the sins but missed lunch due to work and feeling a bit headachy now not sure whether to eat now or leave it until morning. I am sure the bbq won't hurt too much it is usually the goodies that do harm. I always have found day 3 a challenge but pleased to have managed 3 days (sounds feeble doesn't it) and determined just need to somehow organise things so that I can have a few easy quick things when i come in tired.
Passed a real challenge today an elderly client who I have looked after now for 4 years was bit low and off her food and I went out and got her some fish and chips from her favourite chippy - gosh the smell drove me half wild and was pleased with myself when I didn't waver. Real life is gonna throw these things at us though and this is gonna be the first of many.
Don't be too hard on yourself we all get in positions like this and I am sure all will be good :)

Gosh you done so well with the fish and chips it would have killed me lol. I added my food in my finess pal last night and I was still in line as I had no tea to compensate, am on track so far today,even done some shopping to take to work over weekend.I so hope the scales are.going to be kind eh
Hope you've had a good day to, we are doing well really x

Hi thanks re fish n chips I was chuffed. Also had the day from hell today car was in for what I thought was something minor and it turns out engine has had it and no funds in bank so have :eek: had a face like that most of the day and been tearful. BUT!!! I didn't waver I stayed with plan major major major progress as normally I am in the chocolate and crisps as soon as anything minor happens. So it has been a bittersweet day, work are loaning me a car for few days to organise something which is good of them.
What a day though I feel drained.
Hope yours was better :)

You done so well with all that stress to stick to your day, I must admit I'm the same I go for chocolate when things go wrong.
It's going to be stressful sorting the car out for you now, but hopefully you will stay focused at the same time.
I hope you manage to get it sorted pretty quicky, I always feel like my left arm has been chopped off when I don't have mine, we take it so for granted when they run ok.
I'm going shopping today so I have enough stuff for the weekend at work going to try so hard to just eat what I take with me.
Hope you have a good day today x

Hi, another day by the book and I am delighted about it can't wait to see whether or not is in vain on monday at my weight I am hoping to lose a couple pounds at least.
Buying old banger tomorrow to see me through for a while although care work turns the best of cars into old bangers after a while.
The other half was good as gold today, I had to do morning through to afternoon then back on couple hours later and right through til late so he popped some jacket potatoes in and made a nice salad to go with it which helped loads as I could quite easily have gone off track otherwise.
Have you lost any weight prior to going away on your holiday or are you new to the diet.
I am loving the extra easy as it is so simple, find the restriction on breads makes me have to think what I eat a lot more - no more grabbing a quick sarny but at least I can make a normal meal for us and follow reasonably.
What day is your 'weigh day' or don't you have one?
The challenge now is to get through this weekend - early starts through past lunch then back on couple hours later until late evening. Gonna have a grin from ear to ear if I succeed

I feel the same hun I lost 3lb too was hopeing for more but hey we still lost well done you x

Back