Money grabbing man!!!

squindles

I will conquer!!!
I was contemplating signing upto the official dukan site & couldn't make my mind up but now I'm 100% sure I'm not going to & gonna stick with you guys. Why? I put all my stats in and he said my weight was bla, bla, bla which was 7lbs UNDER what my true weight should be. So I decided to change it to what he said my true weight should be & low & behold after saying what I should weight, that has now change to 7lbs less again than he'd said the first time!! Obviousley that means I'm at it longer so I'll have to pay more!!! :( Silly me for thinking this wasn't about the ££ signs for him!! :mad:
Jackie xx

Last edited:
Good for you - the Dukan site is expensive, and by all accounts a bit chaotic!

On the other hand - Dr Dukan has made it possible to do the diet for free.

I didn't even buy the book - I borrowed it from my local library.

No special drinks or bars or ready meals to buy, no copyrighted formulas for "pointing" food. (Weight Watchers regularly sue people who offer point lists for food, even when they are foods which the ww site doesn't list).

hi hun. Yes I get your point and agree with you we can do it for free which is ace! It's just that reading his book made me feel that he was really interested in people as individuals and not just the "corporation" side of things. Wishful thinking on my part me thinks lol!
Jackie xx

This seems like a very harsh judgment. The author makes the key parts of the diet available for free, including the critical calculations of length of attack phase. Because there may be parts of the calculation of "ideal" weight that are approximate and don't come out the same when starting values differ does NOT mean that the whole thing is a trick to get your money. That is an amazing and unjustified leap to an unsupportable conclusion.

This diet works. It works whether you spend any money on it or not. You can choose what is right for you, but refusing to consider a very successful plan because you don't understand the calculation of an approximate figure seems short-sighted. Using the same faulty reason to conclude that the author is trying to trick you out of money is absurd.

Do you get paid for work you do? I know I do ;)

This seems like a very harsh judgment. The author makes the key parts of the diet available for free, including the critical calculations of length of attack phase. Because there may be parts of the calculation of "ideal" weight that are approximate and don't come out the same when starting values differ does NOT mean that the whole thing is a trick to get your money. That is an amazing and unjustified leap to an unsupportable conclusion.

This diet works. It works whether you spend any money on it or not. You can choose what is right for you, but refusing to consider a very successful plan because you don't understand the calculation of an approximate figure seems short-sighted. Using the same faulty reason to conclude that the author is trying to trick you out of money is absurd.
Erm so why did my true weight change then? And "I'm not refusing to consider a very successful plan because I don't understand the calculation of an approx figure. I ain't that short sighted to know a rip off when I see it!! ;)
I read the book and was VERY happy with it, I was just unsure of wether to sign up or not....& now I'm not!
Jackie xx

I'm being coached and don't consider it a rip off as i use it as motivation to weigh each day on my daily report and as i don't want big red marks on it from where i have lapsed therefore so far i haven't lapsed. It is no different from the thousands of people who pay £5.00+ to get weighed at meetings and then walk out without listening to the rest of the meeting. I can also email the team or go on live chat if i have any burning issues that i'm not sure of ( i also ask them any questions from this forum and post back here official response). This was my choice as spending the money each month encourages me to keep going when after so many weeks i wanted to just quit as despite the weightloss i was fed up with the diet. I go on both forums - this is more active but both are friendly and always someone there to help you when you post a question. You may have had a shock at the cost but everyone has different reasons for why they do things in a certain way, i don't consider myself gulliable and am very careful with money (again thats my motivation!). Did you try the codes i gave you to see what the cost would be then- my price came down to £23 a month which i was quite happy with.

Hi thanks for that. Yes I did try a code, but because I am soooooo obese :(, the cheapest is over £300 which weekly is still dearer than say WW.
PS I'm really not saying anyone's gulliable I just felt really knarked coz of the true weight thing.
Jackie xx

When I first looked at the Dukan site and put in my stats the price I was quoted was way out of my budget. I do think it is unfair the way they charge the people who need the diet the most more than those who have little to lose.

That being said - I have followed the diet, found it relatively easy to do, and have lost over 5 stone. I just think they should charge a monthly rate which is the same for everyone - they would still get more money out of the people with more to lose.

As long as we have the motivation and inspiration that we give eachother on this site then i dont think we need to go on a pay site.

I've got the book, but havent even looked on the official site or looked elsewhere for recipies apart from here.

You are all my heroines..... and hero's :D

I think there are a lot of problems with the website as it tries to find a model that works. Some of the translations are hilarious, and the bits that are automated go hay wire from time to time!

I've never done the coaching thing so obviously it's possible to follow the plan using just the book and this and other forums...
... but I don't think there's an issue if people with much more weight to lose have to pay more than people with only a little to lose, surely that's only fair as it would mean you'd be on it for a lot longer to reach your goal and would therefore be using the support etc more?!

I put all my stats in and he said my weight was bla, bla, bla which was 7lbs UNDER what my true weight should be. So I decided to change it to what he said my true weight should be & low & behold after saying what I should weight, that has now change to 7lbs less again than he'd said the first time!!

I don't understand Jackie. You put all your stats in and were given your True Weight.

You then filled out the form again using different numbers and you were given a different True Weight.

Seems reasonable to me :confused:

or am I misunderstanding you?

Anyway, I second all the comments the ladies on here have said. You really can be successful on the diet using just the book, the free part of the website and of course these forums :)

Best of luck!

Back