• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Money making ideas?

Have you considered selling Avon ? I have been doing it for about 5 years now and make an average of £100 month at it. Not a huge amount but every bit helps !! it did take me a little while to build up a customer base but once you've done that its fairly easy. There are people who make loads more than me at it too.

Im having trouble finding a job after being off with my daughter (last job wasnt permanent to go back to) so me and my mum have been doing crafts but selling them is hard!! So many other people out there doing the same thing!

My brother and his OH are "secret/mystery shoppers" - some pay cash others in kind but that might help?

Are there any market research agencies in your area? I do one every few months and usually involves goin to researchers house with a group of about 5 people to answer questions on new product ideas etc, pays between £40-70 for a couple of hours

Baby sitting, my mum put a card in a newsagents window and now babysits 2-4 evenings a week
Car boot sales for stuff that maybe isnt up to ebay standards (make cakes/cookies to sell too)
Ebay has standards?????

more seriously, reduce debts if you can. The amount of people I know with a couple of grand in the bank earning next to nothing in a current account, yet paying minimum repayments on maxed-out credit cards is unreal!

Easier said than done, but reduce or remove any debts if you haven't already done so.

lolacola

Silver Member
Have a look on your local job boards and Gumtree. Last summer I came across one from a site called Yelp who were looking for people to review local businesses for their online directory. I did it for 6 weeks and put in a fortnightly timesheet for 20 hours a week for which I got paid £8 per hour. It was a nice little earner while it lasted. Money for old rope! :D