Monthly Doctor visit

jojo76

Before I started Exante I saw my doc to tell her what I was planning and she was really encouraging and supportive. She asked me to go to see her once a month to monitor me.

I went today and even before I got on the scales she said how much she could tell I had lost weight. That was my first comment about it apart from my husband :D

My blood pressure has gone down and is now normal, and she was really impressed about how much I had lost. I also asked about adding a meal as I am in week 5 now and she said if I am feeling ok then I don't have to bother.

Got to keep going once a month but that's not a problem - she gave me such a boost in confidence today and I think it will help keep me in track.

I'm feeling fab today :D

thats excellent!! Keep up the good work, your losses are amazing. Im on week 6 now, I didnt add a meal in week 5 either think it would have upset my routine.

Big pat on the back to your Dr for being so supportive too!

Thanks!

I am lucky with my doctor, I have heard some are not supportive, particularly Lighter Life people who need them to sign the consent form.

Did you ladies do the break week on week 4? I am naughty and wasnt gonna go to the doctors, they drive me up the wall, but maybe if they are checking and saying you don't have to do it if your healthy then I will. I did have my blood pressure checked the week before anyway and it was normal anyway. Might make an appointment tho but I was worried they wouldnt be supportive.xx

Did you ladies do the break week on week 4? I am naughty and wasnt gonna go to the doctors, they drive me up the wall, but maybe if they are checking and saying you don't have to do it if your healthy then I will. I did have my blood pressure checked the week before anyway and it was normal anyway. Might make an appointment tho but I was worried they wouldnt be supportive.xx

The Add A Meal week is suppose to be week 5 but I didnt do it. A few people on here havent done it. Exante suggest it becuase unlike LL we arent getting monitored so it has to be suggested. I havent been to my Dr as they arent that supportive and I have to wait ages to get an appointment. I know my own body and I'm so much happier and healther than I was before losing weight. Ill keep going until I hit goal, then its the hard work!

When I mentioned the add a meal week she said that Lighter Life have people on just the packs for ages and she was fine with me not bothering with adding a meal. I told her I had felt fine the whole time apart from one day when I was quite physical all day doing heavy jobs and taking stuff down the tip and I felt light headed.

If she tells me I don't have to then I won't! As long as I am 100% honest with her about the diet then I can take her advice with confidence.

very true jojo, do u think she will ask u to add a meal later on? xx

I am not sure. I am going away for a long weekend at the end of March and will be gradually introducing food the week before as I don't plan on doing Exante while I am away, so she might be happy with that. I did mention this to her.

She also knows that I am not planning to do Exante all the way to goal. I want to get 75% there and then follow a maintenance plan to re-introduce eating normal foods before joining WW for the last part.

Back