monthly weigh?

Five-By-Five

Hey everyone, today should of been my weigh in date (from home) I don't actually have any digital scales atm, only mechanical ones that's don't reach up to my weight, I was wondering if anyone weighs monthly and gets a good loss? as I won't have any money til end of the month so I will have to wait until then :( but if it works better as weighing monthly I may consider doing so, anybody got a decent scale that reaches up to 28st? If so where did you buy so I can find decent accurate ones online. Thank you in advance xxx

I don't monthly weigh, but I do like to look at my losses as monthly, I find I can gain one week for no reason and equally lose a lot another week by doing the same thing, but when I look back at my losses as monthly they hav always averaged out as the same. I think I need the weekly (daily if I'm honest) weighing to keep me motivated but like the monthly weighing as a more realistic idea of how I'm doing. I have some salter scales which weigh in 0.2lb increments and have always seemed very consistent, ie I can get in and off them a thousand times and they will display he same weight, they weren't expensive, around 15 from asda. It may be worth reading some reviews for different scales on amazon x

Hi Five-by-five! I think if you can get digital scales they're more likely to have a larger weight range. I love my weight watchers digital scales, they show 1/4' 1/2, 3/4 lbs and are very accurate.
I'm not sure a monthly weigh would work for me, I think weekly weighs are a good indicator of how things are going and you can catch things before too much damage is done. Do you have a chemist nearby that you can pay to weigh?

Monthly is definitely suppised to be the best weigh-in interval, especially for women, as it evens out the fluctuations you get over your monthly cycle. I started out only getting weighed every two months, at the doctor's, and I did that for a year or more. But now I've fallen into bad habits and weigh myself at least 2 or 3 times a week, lol. Certainly if you can restrict yourself to weighing monthly you should hopefully get nice consistent losses - I always enjoyed it. :) xx

Thank you, it will be easier for me to do monthly, at least for a while anyway, until I get greedy and want results frequently lol if I can do this, I would feel better, rather than getting my hopes u at probability of loss or gain, I'm bound to have lost something if I weigh once a month :) xx

Five-By-Five said:
Thank you, it will be easier for me to do monthly, at least for a while anyway, until I get greedy and want results frequently lol if I can do this, I would feel better, rather than getting my hopes u at probability of loss or gain, I'm bound to have lost something if I weigh once a month :) xx

That was certainly what I always found - you're bound to lose over the course of a month. Now I've lost almost 9 stone I'm a bit more relaxed with it and don't get too down if there's no movement some weeks. :) xx

I think monthly WIs are a good idea. Go for it!

Hiya! I have heard that monthly weigh-ins are a good idea as it helps to eliminate the day to day weight fluctuations that we experience and gives you a more accurate average weight. However, I can't keep off the scales for more than a week at a time (and usually not even that long hehe).

As for scales, I bought some off Amazon last year and they're without a doubt the best scales I've ever used. All the scales I've had in the past I could get different readings just by standing on them more than once. However, the ones I've got now give me the same reading no matter how many times I stand on them and they've never given me a problem. The link to the site (I hope this works!) is:-

Salter StowAWeigh 9147 BK3R Body Analyser Bathroom Scale: Amazon.co.uk: Health & Beauty

They go up to 31 stone and also give you a body analysis. You can programme your own profile into them so that it keeps track of your weight and body analysis each time you weigh. The reading can also be shown in kg, lbs and stones & lbs, which I love :)

Thank you, I will look for salter scales, I hate seeing the numbers on the scales, hopefully once. A month will be enough for me :) xx

Not even been tempted to go out and pay & weigh at a chemist, been sticking to plan and have reduced syns so hopefully I will have good results when its time to weigh in just over 2 weeks :) xx

If you know you can be motivated enough by just weighing once monthly then do it! You know yourself if you're likely to get de-motivated by weekly fluctuations. So much can cause us to lose/gain weight from day to day and week to week, but monthly weighing can help you avoid all that.

I've been so good, I'm going to be devastated if I don't lose anything on weigh day lol! Not long to wait now :) xx

Wow! What a brilliant loss! Well done and congratulations! :party0011:

Back