Moon Gazers Diary - Bring it on!!

Moon Gazer

So I thought I would start a diary as it's been great reading through other diaries.

A little about me - My name is Jackie and I live in Leeds with my hubby Dave and two boys (7 and 9). I also have a step son who is 18.

I've tried so many times to lose weight and have really had enough of the fad diets. I gave birth to a little girl in June, this was as a surrogate for my sister and brother in law who are unable to have children. It was a really positive experience but a third pregnancy and also a third C-section have really taken it's toll and I am feeling awful about my body and almost at my highest weight ever.

I've got a holiday booked to Fuerteventura in June and I know if I don't start now I will be depressed and miserable for my holiday. I'd love to lose weight for then so I can wear nice little summer dresses and not spend the 2 weeks worrying over my flabby bits!

Thanks for reading my diary. I'm going to try and be totally truthful and post the bad along with the good! I know there will be hiccups but hopefully writing it down will help draw a line under it and move on without it causing too much damage.

Love Jackie x

Diary 30/12/15

Breakfast - Slimming world "fry up". Scrambled egg, turkey rasher, beans, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms.
Lunch - Baked Sweet Potato, beans, 2 x laughing cow extra light (2 syns)
Dinner - Cottage pie. Contained 5% mince, green beans, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, gravy (2 syns). Topped with carrot and swede mash and served with cabbage.

HexA - Skimmed Milk
HexB - Weetabix Chocolate (+2syns)
Snack - Curley Wurley (6 syns)

Total Syns - 12

A really filling day!! Looking at my diary I realise I didn't have any speed food at lunch time. I'm not a fan of salad so will need to figure out how to add veggies in some way. Maybe less beans and add chopped tomatoes??

Had a nice 40 minute swim yesterday too.

Hi Jackie, look forward to following your diary! Food looks good from yesterday :)

What an amazing experience being a surrogate for your sister :)

Look forward to buying all those pretty clothes for your holiday in the Summer :)

Eeeeek well I fell off plan over the new year! I managed to get through new years eve totally on plan only to cave in and have a take away on new years day!! What am I like?!?!

Well I am back on it 100% today. Thanks for checking out my diary and I will push myself to update every day.

Have a lovely day everyone x

Thanks for the follows and comments! :)

So yesterdays menu was

Breakfast
Fritatta with tomatoes, red onion and peppers.

Lunch
Baked potato with tuna, sweetcorn, mayo (1.5 syns) and salad

Dinner
Maggi sizzling bbq chicken (8.5 syns for whole thing, I had about 3 syns worth) with peppers, onions and tomatoes. Served with brown rice.

Snacks
2 x chocolate Weetabix (Hex A & B plus 2 syns), banana, apple and muller light yoghurt. And options hot chocolate (2 syns)

Total 8.5 syns.

Not updated for a couple of days but have been doing ok! Weigh in was Tuesday night and I lost 4lb which I was totally happy with considering I went off plan on New Year Day!

Today's menu belowL

Breakfast
Baked ham and egg muffins followed by an apple

Lunch
Low fat sweet chilli super noodles with mixed in roasted tomatoes, onions and mushrooms

Dinner
Muscle food hache steak burger in wholemeal roll (Hex B). Topped with onions and cheese (Hex A) and served with SW chips and salad.

Snacks
Banana and muller light for afternoon snack. Not sure on evening snack, maybe a curley wurley or sugar free jelly topped with Quark mixed with sweetener and white options chocolate powder.

Well yesterday went to plan except for the snacks. It was my sons 7th birthday yesterday so we got him a cake (one of those caterpillar ones from Asda). So I didn't have a chocolate or quark snack in the evening I had a slice of cake. I only had a small piece, not sure on the syns but the rest of the day was syn free so hopefully not too much damage. Managed a walk of 3.7 miles :)

Today's menu below:

Breakfast
Baked ham and egg muffins followed by 2 satsumas.

Lunch
Jacket potato with beans and x 2 laughing cow extra light (2 syns)

Dinner
Cottage pie, with peas, carrots, green beans and sweetcorn added to it and cabbage on the side.

Snacks
Banana and muller light for afternoon snack. Maybe curly wurley and some frozen grapes after gym tonight :)

I think I need to work a way of getting some speed food in to my lunch when I have a jacket potato. I don't really do cold salad with hot food too much. Hmmmm.....

Hiya know what you mean about cold salad with nice hot spud I sometimes try to frylight onions mushrooms peppers etc mixed in with the beans. That bulks it out with S foods. Just an idea. X

Love egg muffins me an my friend live by these going zoo let's take muffins, going weigh in muffins for after lol. Good luck love seeing what other people eat.

Sorry I haven't been great updating with my meals. I'm still 100% on plan and going well :) Had some absolutely yummy meals, my favourite being hunters chicken. Was so delicious!

Had weigh in last night and lost another 1.5 so 5.5lb off in two weeks. I am happy with that, I haven't felt like I have been on a diet at all. And I have had some chocolate of some kind pretty much every day!

Hope everyone is doing well.

My hairdresser is coming tonight so thinking of going light blonde for the summer and having hair cut in to a shorter bob!

Well yesterday I barely managed to stay on plan! I had been perfect all day, having baked oats for breakfast and veggie frittata and beans for lunch and only fruit as snacks. Then I was late leaving work, I needed petrol and my usual station had cones across so I had to find another meaning I was late for the hairdresser. So I wasn't organised at all! I ended up sending hubby to the chip shop!!!. I got fishcake and mushy peas which works out at 7 syns so it could have been so much worse. So I ended up at 19 syns but actually was proud of myself that I just didn't dive in to a huge plate of fish and chips (with scraps and bread) or end up with a Chinese takeaway.

I'm going to call to an Iceland store this weekend and get a couple of SW meals to go in the freezer for times like last night where I am not at all prepared.

Hope everyone is having a good week :) x

Back