more false starts than the grand national

Theemand

Hello *waves* I've posted a few times in vlcd section but I cannot stick to the blumming thing! For the last time I've said I'm going to diet I'M NOT! I'm going to eat healthy for life instead.

I'm 30, single mother to a 16 month old and utterly fed up. I've got over 10 stone to lose to be a healthy weight and I know it will take time but that's fine as long as I get there eventually. Back story, always been overweight etc etc was put on a diet in NURSERY cheers mum and dad.

Anyway can't blame them now I'm a grown up and need to sort it myself, my sister is a huge support and we've just started exercising together (squat thrusting around her living room but every little helps haha) I have recently got a cross trainer so intend to work my fat ass off literally. Anyway this is me sorry it was a bit long!

Hi,

I tried vlcd so many times too but it's just not how I want to live life. So i've bit the bullet and started cc and i must say i'm loving it. I feel so relaxed about it for once because I have decided that this is it now, i will lose weight.

I also have a toddler :) she's turning one next week and is a right handful lol x

I know you don't do them for life but even the thought of being on it for a year horrified me haha! I had a massive dizzy spell one day and it's not a great experience when looking after a little one. They're a handful at times aren't they but so funny! I want to get fit and healthy for him as well don't want him to be the kid with the fat mum. How many cals are you having a day then? MFP has said 1600 for me but I struggle to fill it somedays =/ x

Hi
I think vlcd are fine if you just have a few pounds to lose for holiday special occasion etc but when you have a large amount of weight to lose 'I have 10 stone to lose also' they cant possibly work because you cant stick to them long enough without feeling deprived hence you cheat feel guilty then end up feeling bad and coming off of it putting the weight back on and then some.
I think with a lot of weight to lose you need to find a plan where you can fit the odd treat in or occasional takeaway this works far better with normal life and its something you can do for a long time.

I know people have lost huge amounts on them but I don't want my son growing up watching me drink shakes it doesn't send out a good message. I've ordered the dukan diet book and am

I know people have lost huge amounts on them but I don't want my son growing up watching me drink shakes it doesn't send out a good message. I've ordered the dukan diet book and am calorie counting for now see how I get on. The worst part is trying to avoid the wine haha

Back