More pharmacy trouble

emily4amanda

Gettin a bit fed up now, my pharmacist is really nice but I lost 12lb my first week and then 5 my second, and she didn't believe id lost 12lb! she said I dont think you lost that much there must of been something wrong with the scales???????????/:mad: I said no I did lose that as iv been 100% TFR and drunk loads of water every single day! And, I told her twice I wanted mostly chocolate and strawberry shakes but when I got home I found she gave me just Chocolate and mostly vanilla!! Seriously may look elsewhere but wondering if I would have to fill all the paperwork out and watch the dvd again at another pharmacist??? xx

Hi
I had trouble with mine at first kept passing me on to the ladies behind the counter who more or less told me I was wasting my money and I could lose weight on my own! So I complained and told them as calmly as possible I was paying for a service and I expected to get value for money Be strong with them and remember they are making a fair bit of money from you so stand up to them and take the shakes back and tell them you want what you asked for. If you have any trouble ring Lipotrim and let them know what's going on. Mine were great after that.
Good luck x

Thanks Jolly J, I think I will go back on monday and change the vanilla, I don't mind it but prefere the others. Just been looking at your progress, Wow you have lost loads in such a short space of time! Well done you!!!! xx

Thank you x

You always lose more in your first week as your body gets rid of excess fluid. Your pharmacist should know this! If you're not getting the service you expect then I would suggest you change your pharmacy. You prob would have to do paperwork again but if you tell them you've done LT before I wouldn't have thought you'd have to watch the DVD again. Good luck x

Change pharmacy!

If you did have to fill out the paperwork again it would be worth it. I've had a few weeks where my supplies haven't been ordered (even though they knew what and when I wanted them) - always some lame excuse. They didn't even have the maintenance foods in this week and I've just scraped by through virtue of ordering maintenance samples from LT a week or so ago.

It really did irritate me a few weeks ago when they messed me around on the shakes/soups and it's really something that gets more irritating as you get further into the diet. I'd change now if I was you.

You need consistency and support and it souds like you're getting niether.

I didn't change by the way and I wish I had have done.

I was never asked to watch the dvd there only at home. I can only have strawberry i make sure thats what i get. Im also having pharmacy issues but its the only in my town that does it. I would recommend changing if u can. Your paying good money and expect a half decent service xx

Hi Emily, I changed Pharmacy a couple of times and all they did was fax my paperwork through to new pharmacy and didnt have to watch the dvd again your weigh in card with dates on proves you are on L.T so you shouldnt have a problem :)

Change pharmacy hunni, i did after week one. This diet is hard enough without you being messed about. You really need people you can rely on and trust and i agree with Mr C you dont want to get to week 14 and them let you down. Take care x

thank god i'm gettin great support with my chemist.... she's really nice even told me to come in if i had any probs... so my advice is
your paying enough for it you should be treated with respect and for them to be professional so change

How horrible of her! My pharmacist squees when I have a good week. I would really say try a different one because you need all the support you can get while on this diet.

I'm going to have to change chemists against my will soon. My office is moving into town in a few weeks. The chemist I use is only open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm and since I finish at 5pm I jut manage to get there in time on Friday afternoons. When I work in town there's no way I'll be able to get there by 6pm. So I'm going to have to move either to one that's open on Saturdays or one in town that I can go to on my lunch break. Such a shame as the lady I'm dealing with at my current pharmacy is just lovely. :cry:

If you're not getting the support you need, definitely move on. I would.

Irish Girl - I would believe the chemist. Especially when you get below your 30 bmi - you should be doing exercise, normal eating at that point as there is not as much fat to burn. That and a 30 bmi is usually never accurate. Those charts don't work for most people because it doesn't take into account muscle mass. Personally I was a 36 on the chart and when I had a more accurate reading done was 31. The best way to know your BMI is to go to a special sale where you hold a metal wand and it sends a signal through your body to see muscle and fat %'s Never trust the chart.

I would say A: what does your gut say? B: How comfortable do you feel? You have lost 25% of your body. If you want to be 9 stone, I personally would stop at 10 stone. Given you are short that last stone of weight maybe should be built into muscle. It is important to keep light exercise durning the diet to keep up muscle. When we come off more muscle burns more fat - ie you can eat more calories and not gain weight lol It's about finding that golden number. The golden number is the number of calories you need to be your ideal weight. The day you start eating your ideal weight calories you will slowly lose weight till that weight is achieved, it can be accelerated by exercise. TFR is great, but it's not how life will be forever. Part of losing the last stone is about easing into a healthier lifestyle. I am around 10 people who are or have been on lioptrim for the last year. My boyfriend workings for a gaming company and many of the people he works with and a few friends needed to lose weight. I learned a lot about this from seeing what is happening with all of them.

Irishgirl, You will find that out over the weeks coming off lipotrim, I would say it is mainly trial and error to find out which foods are the best for you that still help you maintain your weight and keep you happy and full of nutrients. I would say to stick to an Atkins like diet where you try and keep your carbs low as carbs=sugar=fat! With this type of diet you start with 20 grams of cabs a day and do that for about a week or so and then every week add another 10 grams of cabs untill you maintain weight instead of losing it. And when I say carbs I do not mean bread or crackers, try and get your carbs from leafy greens and other vegetables. It will be hard to come up with meals for this but here are a few web sites that offer great meal plans and ideas:
http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.htm and You, Me and the Skillet makes Three | Caveman Keto's weight loss journey through low carb cookingYou, Me and the Skillet makes Three | Caveman Keto's weight loss journey through low carb cooking

With this kind of diet you will find that you do not need as many calories as the fat makes you feel more full for longer.

This is just my opinion but I hope it helps :)

Back