more than just portion and calorie control?

broxi

ButtErFly
People say that the 1/3 superfree on Extra Easy is just about portion control and restricting calories. I think there must be more to it than that though as I have tried lots of low calorie diets and they've not really worked. EE works far better for me and I still have big portions. Does anyone else agree?

It's about food density too. Super free is generally bulky (so your tummy feels full) for low calories. If you eat a third of a plate of broccoli along with your 2/3rd spaghetti bol you'll feel fuller than if you were just told to reduce the portion size by 1/3rd. So you're therefore less likely to eat more later, that might be higher in calories. It's part of why I try not to eat too much salad as my super free- it limits the free food, but doesn't fill me up.

yeah, that makes sense; I never feel like eating rubbish now as I've always had enough and so never eat between meals except for fruit. On other lc diets I'd probably be very hungry and wouldn't keep it up for long.

I used to do calorie counting and was struggling to lose weight even though I was having 1200 calories a day.
im now averaging around 1400-1800 a day and another site I use predicts that ill lose 0.5lbs a week by having this many yet I have lost 1.5lbs a week in the last 2 weeks so it just goes to show how wrong it is.

Since doing SW again I feel so much better, I'm satisfied from all the free foods and yummy meals that I've hardly wanted any of my syns.

Ive also not been as tired and achy feeling too so I feel like the SW plan has given me a real boost of energy :)

Back