'Morning After' Pill

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by fatpossum, 12 May 2007 Social URL.

1. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

I had to take the Morning After pill mid week (these things still happen to us grown ups :eek: ) and I am wondering if this might account for the fact that I have had terrible wind and am feeling quite low and demotivated.

When I say wind, I don't mean the kind that might cause embarrasment in social situations (if you know what I mean) but constant rumbling of wind under my ribs, around my back, in my stomach and I feel so bloated it's depressing! At this stage I wish it would 'come out' just so I could rid myself of it - I can feel it now and it's been there for days!
    Anyone else experiened this?

I am hoping that it might also account for feeling awful earlier today and my subsequent 'bar binge'.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jane

jane Opinionated

Diet:
    cambridge
    I'm no expert,& as they say anything is possible,but....
    It's more likely to be the SSing I'd have thought than the moning after pill which is just a rather larger-than-normal dose of oral contraceptive .

hope it settles down regardless of cause

ps when i first read 'Bar binge' I thought..'she's got a hangover'. then iput my brain in & remembered Cd bars.I'm told that these can give people some odd tummy stuff

4. dietingqueen

dietingqueen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st3lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(33.91%)
    Diet:
    weight Watchers now but did LL/CD
    The LL bars made me have terrible wind and pains while i was on ss... It was so bad i had to stop them, however once i have gone onto maintainace I have them without any problems.

I would say the wind is bars not the morning after pill!

5. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Have you been drinking the water flavourings? They do that to me.

Not had the morning after pill so can't advise on that one sorry.

Cath

6. gaijingirl

gaijingirl has lying hips

Diet:
    LL
    The water flavours do that to me too! I've just come back from the library (24 hour opening at the moment) and it was MOST embarrassing - the noises coming from my tummy and the WIND!! :eek:

7. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Have never tried the water flavourings - I am okay with plain water - so it must be the bars.

I have had one every day since the weigh in last Monday evening. Well not entirely true; as I have confessed earlier on I ate three today during my 'bar binge' :eek:

8. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Ahhh it's quite likely to be the bars then - they do have a warning on them that they work as a laxative .... you could be in for a fun night ;)

Cath

9. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    I'm pretty certain it will be the bars. It's very very uncomfortable isn't it? They affected me in the same way and so I quit them, not worth the suffering. Hope you are not in too much discomfort from the three bars today!

Dizzy x

10. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

I hope so Katie - I am living in fear that my little splurge will affect my weight loss when I go for my weigh in next week. A good 'clear out'might be just what I need! :D

I have resolved to drinks 5 gallons of water tomorrow (joke) and walk for miles (no joke) and then on Monday I will do a spinning class and I shall never touch a bar again. Well that's the plan anyway!!

11. fatpossum

fatpossum Silver Member

Hi Dizzy :wave_cry:

I must say the rumblings under my rib cage right now are something else. I wish someone would stick a pin in me!

If I do suffer tonight it serves me right! ' will let you know - I might be back on the forum again about 4.00a.m. :sick0019:

12. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Poor you! Here's hoping you sleep through it.

Dizzy x

13. westiegirl

westiegirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LighterLife
    I can totally relate to the feeling and I think it's the bars. I had a bit of a moment last weekend. I ran out of LL packs and in a moment of madness bought some Atkins bars to "see me through" the week. My they did see me through when I ate 6 in quick succession! Yes, that's right SIX in the space of about 3 hours. There was definately a hurricane in my flat although I didn't actually get the laxative effect!

Good luck for the night, and they will work their way out eventually!

14. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Hope you got to sleep allright and are now officially 'wind free'!

Cath

15. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    oh dear!! Hope you're feeling better & didnt have too bad a night!

16. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

Def the bars Chick.
    Morning after may affect your mood though and may also give you stomach cramps but like period pains.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.