Morning Snackers

Ally89

Gold Member
Ok this is random, but does anyone else find that snack more in the morning than any other time of day?

I'll have breakfast and then when i'm in work i will snack all morning on fruit and yogurt (and mini choc bar at 11am) but in the afternoon I don't snack at all and I don't really in the evenings either. But mornings are terrible I always think about my stomach. I don't know if its just because of the long time period between breakfast and lunch or i'm just generally hungrier in the morning. It's weird. So is anyone else the same?

As long as Im busy I don't snack which signals to me it's boredum rather than hunger. I try really had to establish which one it is as altho there's 'free' food everything has calories therefore if it's eating out of boredum then it's unecessary calories that Im consuming but if it is hunger I make sure it's free or superfree. I also don't tend to use any syns within cooking therefore I'll maybe have French Fries & a Freddo at night.

I'm usually run off my feet with work in the mornings so i don't think its boredom with me.

i am exactly the same, i have my breakfast and then have 2 snacks before lunch. normally jelly and fruit and then carrot sticks. i dont normally snack in the afternoon or evening.

I thought it was just me! I have a good breakfast before I leave home and have to have 2 snacks then to do me to lunch. I dont really snack in afternoon at all. One of those snacks has to be a banana - tried going without it one day and nearly died with the hunger!!!!!!!
Looks like we are in the same boat

I'm in this club - my magic lunch bag is all but gone(bar my actual lunch) as i have an alpen bar and fruit and some babybell lights(3 for a HEA) , by the time afternoon come sI'm done but I tend to leave a satsuma just incase i get peckish

I thought it was just me! I have a good breakfast before I leave home and have to have 2 snacks then to do me to lunch. I dont really snack in afternoon at all. One of those snacks has to be a banana - tried going without it one day and nearly died with the hunger!!!!!!!
Looks like we are in the same boat

Sounds like me, but with apple, i have to have my apple, and this week I have had to have a banana too. My mini choccy bar sometimes gets left until lunch, depends if its a bad day or not...bad day choc gets eaten as snack.

I snack in the morning AND afternoon:rolleyes:

I find I have a decent breakfast, mid morning will be fruit, than nice lunch followed by fruit snack say 3ish.

After tea I don't often get hungry & will just have toast or something light for supper.:D

Iv noticed Iv started get really hungry about 11am at the mo. Brekkie usually at 6.30ish. Iv started having apple, alpen light or options. If Im at work I can snack as it the lab but its almost worse as they have nice vending machine sitting there calling my name

Me! Generally have my breakfast 7.30 and get quite hungry mid morning at work. Today I had an Alpen bar and grapes. Then ate dinner earlier than I usually would! Mad case of the munchies lol

Afternoon/evening I don't snack x

I'm the opposite way around. I like my bed, so get up as late as is possible, so I have 10 mins to have brekky - usually a cereal (if I have more time on a day off for example I'll do myself poached egg on toast). At work I don't have a chance to snack, so by 11am I'm ready to eat my arm, lunch is 12.40! I take a packed lunch, which is left overs/mugshots/rice time and an apple and a banana. If i don't have my banana I really feel very hungry for most of the afternoon. Finish work at 5.30, get home, and then I get picky. Biscuits are craved with brews, i have tea, have something sweet, then feel nibbly again. Current favourite nibble is ryvita, extra light philly and a thin scraping of caramalised red onion chutney. mmmmm.

LisaC said:
No - I'm always more hungry in the evenings. Maybe you should eat more for breakfast??

2 weetabix, a banana and a yogurt i struggle to eat at 7.30 as it is :p

Yes I have to have a morning snack otherwise I can't concentrate (although suspect its all in my mind) but can go without the mid afternoon one.

I am generally fine in the morning when I can usually be placated with a bit of fruit but come 4pm in the afternoon and I am all over the place looking for something, anything to stuff in my mouth!!!
I try to go to the gym now if I can then and that manages to keep me away from snacking! x

Back