1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Moroccan Veg Tagine with Courgette Cous Cous

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by NiaX, 12 July 2011 Social URL.

1. NiaX

NiaX Silver Member

Slimming World
    From the new mag...

Moroccan Veg and Couscous:

1 Onion
    1 Pepper (I used green)
    2 Carrots
    400g Potatoes
    450g Tomatoes
    2 Garlic cloves
    1 tbsp tomato puree
    1 tbsp Moroccan spice blend (I used a tsp cumin, tsp turmeric and 2 tsp cinnamon instead)
    283g dried apricots (I didn't use these)
    1 pt Veg stock
    283g Plain couscous
    2 Grated courgettes
    Zest of 1/2 lemon
    255g baby spinach leaves

I didn't add the apricots and halved the amount of pots and tomatoes as there are only two of us and the recipe is for four servings. Even taking those out, we still had large portions and gave the leftovers to my mum for her lunch!

Recipe says to fry the onions in fry light but I didn't bother.
    I put the potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onion, carrots, garlic, tomato puree and spices into a saucepan with the stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce head and simmer for 30 mins. Cover and stir occasionally.

Put the couscous into a bowl with the courgettes and lemon zest. Pour over 340ml boiling water (I added some stock for flavouring). Stir well. Cover the bowl tightly with cling film and leave for 10 minutes.

Fluff the couscous with a fork (I then added fresh rosemary and chives)

Add the spinach leaves to the veg and stir until wilted. Serve!

It is a lot easier than it sounds. This recipe is free on EE and Green. If you add the apricots, count them as 5.5 syns or a HeB per serving.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Slimming World
    Sound lovely - I think I will have this for dinner tonight!
  4. cupofteapet

cupofteapet Full Member

sounds lovely thanks for that!
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.