Most ridiculous diet I've tried

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Prosecco, 13 May 2014.

1. Prosecco

Prosecco Well-Known Member

I feel like I've done them all and got no t-shirt, the worst for me was definitely the Dukan diet. I ate extra light philly on seaweed for days.... So confusing and so ridiculous, I realised when I tried to explain to hubby how good it was that it sounded insane!

Would love to hear what other peoples worst diets have been.

Btw i I know for some Dukan may be great, this is my experience only!
  2. Beckieee

Beckieee Well-Known Member

I once tried the cabbage soup diet :eek:
  3. Prosecco

Prosecco Well-Known Member

Ooh yes me too years ago, I remember eating just slices of beef and beetroot on one too, crazy! Amazing on reflection, why does it ever seem like a rational idea at the time ha ha...
  4. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

The balance box diet, a bit like diet chef but with fresh food that is delivered every 3/4 days. The food was well balanced but rank!
  5. Pigtoprincess2014

Pigtoprincess2014 Well-Known Member

I agree, I never got around to doing it because I read the book and thought this is ridiculous, restricting things like fruit?. I see what it's trying to get at, but still. Another is the "Pig to Twig" book. I gave that a go and I thought that was ridiculous too. it recommended a regime of vitamins in the morning and having things like cream in your tea and coffee instead of milk, and it just seem a really fatty diet, I did it for two weeks and it make me feel rubbish.
  6. Bridgee

Bridgee Well-Known Member

I did the don't eat anything till 4pm diet then half your portion size - which a friend told me about - day 2 and I was like stuff this lol
  7. Bonkers

Bonkers Well-Known Member

Most ridiculous I've tried - Cambridge. Not because it's a ridiculous diet but because I didn't like not chewing my food :).

Best diet ever - Dukan. Lost my weight so far on Dukan since Aug last year :p
  8. Viixenx

Viixenx shrinking caterpillar

Atkins. Eurgh
  9. PrincessSparklePants

PrincessSparklePants Little Miss Christmas

My mum did a boiled egg diet before she married my dad. nothing at all other than water or boiled eggs. Eugh!
  10. Bonkers

Bonkers Well-Known Member

Omg! Wow! That does sound nasty.

I eat 4 boiled eggs almost everyday and even that's a chore!
  11. Likac66

Likac66 Well-Known Member

Juicing! To be honest, I do quite like the juice and it is brill for a quick detox, but not weeks and weeks of it. Plus the juicing and cleaning up becomes such a pain and the cost of all the fruit and veg!
  12. thelifeofpieface

thelifeofpieface Well-Known Member

Love hearing about the crazy diets!
    The worst one (and most pointless) was a cup a soup diet.
    I'd have nothing until lunchtime , then a cup a soup with a white crusty roll with butter on for lunch (how is that healthy?)
    Then a simple dinner. I lost weight but I felt like crap and the bread wasn't helping my bloating etc.
    I did just make it up though and thought I was so clever for losing weight ha ha xx
  13. solange

solange Well-Known Member

Dukan was nearly the death of me. I was too mean to buy the book so did not know about the bran. Hence I felt so ill and constipated. I lasted one week and nearly went crazy for lack of fruit.
    I too did the 6 boiled eggs a day diet in my crazy youth.
  14. Ponytales

Ponytales Well-Known Member

I did one of those 10 day diets. It was all tomatoes, boiled eggs and grapefruit.

It did work though. I was going on a riding holiday and had sneaked over the maximum weight limit and needed it off fast or risk losing my money.

It went straight back on after though :-(
  15. Starski

Starski Member

Did cabbage soup diet too... And the one with the celery-soup where you switch from fruit to fruit and veg, to just milk and bananas(?!) as the week progresses. And the rainbow diet. All as useless as each other!
  16. 3-pounds-togo

3-pounds-togo Active Member

This thread makes for quite amusing reading :) I'm happy to say I've never been on an established fad diet, however, I've definitely had a few ridiculous made up diets that I'm actually too embarrassed to even say. My most recent effort was my version of the 5:2 diet but it's the 2:5 diet and it actually worked for me as it's not as extreme. I was doing this before I even heard of the 5:2 so when I found out about it, I thought it quite funny that I was doing the opposite and it was still working. That said, it's mainly just calorie counting and saving up calories etc so it's been done a million times in different formats.
  17. thelifeofpieface

Don't be embarrassed - we've all done silly things :) x
  18. 3-pounds-togo

3-pounds-togo Active Member

Thanks:)! I'm not sure about others but for me, I think I stopped doing really daft diets when I took the pressure off myself and decided that I could do it slowly but steadily. The over-the-top diets seemed to be all about being impatient to lose weight!
  19. thelifeofpieface

Yeah definitely agree with you there! Xx
  20. strawberry

strawberry Well-Known Member

Tried the cabbage soup diet here too, don't think my family enjoyed me doing it too much either if you know what I mean :eek::rolleyes: