Motivated and ready for Dukan!!

Kryssyz

So it is day 1 of my attack phase. The website advised I take 2 days however I have read elsewhere that I should have 5 days of attack, so I am going with 5 days to really kickstart my weight loss (please tell me if I'm wrong though!)

I have tried "healthy eating" in the past but I think I've been going about it all wrong - I suffered from bulimia in my youth and I think it had an adverse affect on my metabolism. HOWEVER I am completely past this now, and just want to lose weight in a sensible, healthy way :)

I have never been this motivated for a diet and, although my boyfriend insists he loves me as I am, I know that I was much thinner and much healthier before I went to university. I suffer from heart palpitations at the moment, which only happens when I am around this weight.

I am looking forward to becoming healthier and to feeling better about myself, and will keep you guys updated with my progress - I've read a couple of threads already and you look like a great bunch!

Kryssy x

Good Luck!!I am on day nine and have been so impressed with how easy it is to stick to!

Hi Kryssy, good luck/ My advise is don't do more attack days than recommended the Good Doctor knows what he's on about xxx

Thanks love. I think I did it a bit wrong today so don't know if ill even have a loss tomorrow :( but I am on new scales from now on so don't know what original weight will be according to these new scales! Today I had:
Breakfast: ff natural yoghurt with oatbran and sweetener
Snack: hard boiled egg
Lunch: ham slices
Snack: another egg
Dinner: chicken kebabs marinated in fromage frais with curry powder and cumin - amazing!!
Pudding: fat free strawberry yoghurt - but just checked the carbs and sugar and both are high so wont be having that again!

Tomorrow will be a better day x

Stepped on the scales today and weight is 11st12 but this may well be a result of new scales as I doubt I lost 4 pounds in a day!! Happy though :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

So I stepped on the scales this morning and they read 11st12 which is exciting - I doubt I've lost 4 pounds as I'm pretty sure it's because I am on new scales, but it is the first time i've been in the 11s in ages which is nice :D

I'm sorry for the double post this morning, my phone hates me!

So today I have eaten:
Breakfast: coffee and ff nat yog, with oatbran
Lunch: tinned tuna with fromage frais, sweetener and Cajun spices - yummy!
Snacks: ham and a couple of eggs

And for dinner I am having baked white fish wrapped in that low fat bacon :)

I didn't lose today :( maybe it was the bacon!? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks doll :) we'll do this together!

I still didn't have a loss! I think my scales are weird but I'm going to try and lay off them ham (even though it is very low salt and fat) and try some different food from now on. My belly is smaller though so waheyyyyy! Will keep updating though :)

If you fancy bacon try turkey rashers, bacon/ham is salty and can cause slow weight loss. You two are doing great xxx well done

you are doing great and sound very motivated!

im sure you.ll have a loss within a couple of days i find if i sts a while they tend to jump rather than gradually go down

Thanks for advice girls, can't wait to try the turkey rashers :) I went out out for dinner last night with my sisters, they went to a curry house and would you believe not a morsel passed my lips :) and I am out at the in-laws for dinner to tonight, and they've been awesome and have cooked simple roast chicken with lots of veggies (avoiding the potatoes) - I am officially in cruise!!

And I even said no to yummy fruit salad (my fave!)

Looking forward to exciting new recipes this weekend!!

So my weight has been fluctuating no end above the 166 mark but today I stepped on the scales and I am 165.6 ha - not much but it's good!

Also I read in my book that the week leading up to your period is a time for high water retention and even though I knew this I had completely forgotten! Apparently the weight should fall off a few days after the start which is good - and I am due next week so maybe this is where the problem lies!

My belly just keeps getting smaller and smaller - although when I put on weight, it goes on my belly last so I'm expecting to lose in the reverse order. Just need to get rid of the flab everywhere else!!

Happy weekend everybody, weekends are tough for me with all the yummy restaurants I could go to so stay strong!

Weekend was not as tough as expected! Went for dinner at the in laws and it was just chicken and veg which was great, and put me into my first PV day :)

Saturday was PP, cooked chicken with peppercorn sauce for tea and went to the cinema to see The Conjuring, guys it is SO scary and I love horror films, not for the faint hearted! But it did take my mind off the massive Frozen Fanta and packet of Maltesers I wanted which is a good thing...

Yesterday was PV so had boiled eggs for breakie with tuna salad for lunch, and OH cooked chicken poached in low fat coconut milk and boiled cabbage which was lovely :)

Today for tea had more chicken and peppercorn sauce as OH also wanted it as he missed out on Sat hahahha! Definitely a hit, will be cooking it for my parents when they come to stay in a few weeks :)

Will be going to weekly weigh ins, as its a week tomorrow since I started - will then have to get OH to hide scales until next Monday ha! Will let you know how weigh in goes xx

Week 1 weigh-in -4.8lbs which is great, I'm happy with that! And to be honest, because I started on new scales I'm not sure how accurate it will be as I definitely feel like I have lost more. Feeling good though :)

I made the dukan mayonnaise recipe from the book this morning to go with my salad for lunch- turns out I put too much mustard in haaa but it will do!

10 days into Dukan and it's going really well! I weighed myself yesterday morning and I had lost another pound BUT I have asked my boyfriend to hide the scales as I tend to get obsessed with weighing myself! So from now on it is most definitely weekly weigh-ins.

We have had some yummy dinners this week -

Monday: grilled chicken with peppercorn sauce
Tuesday: minced beef, pepper and onion tacos (obviously I just had the filling!)
Wednesday: poached fish with a lovely sauce made from veg stock and extra light cream cheese
Thursday: chicken curry with spicy yoghurt

Boyfriend's family are coming round for dinner tonight so had to do 2 P/P days to make today a P/V day - so I'm making them cottage pie topped with cauliflower mash. They like enormous portions and mashed potatoes but hopefully this will be tasty enough to tide them over! And for pudding we've bought loads of ice cream and chocolate bars to make them a super unhealthy sharing ice cream sundae, and I will be very good and eat my lemon yoghurt!

I'm really pleased as haven't been craving carbs at all - I recently found out I can't eat bread anyway as it gives me awful belly pain and was tested this week for a gluten intolerance. Since I have been following Dukan I have been in no pain whatsoever and OH has commented I am much happier and much more hyper which is really good :)

Only thing I've been craving a bit is sugary things - but I'm having loads of sweetener to try and counterbalance it. Does anyone know if there is a limit on the amount of sweetener you are allowed a day?! Generally I have a couple in my morning oat bran porridge/galette and then 2 in every coffee I make, which amounts to about 5/6 a day.

Well done you! Sounds like you are doing really well .... how do you make peppercorn sauce? I'm having steak tomorrow and would LOVE to make this!

I eat loads of sweetener, think the only concern is medical xxx I am not aware of an allowance

Thanks for your help siddid :)

Julie the peppercorn sauce recipe is here http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?p=3821977#post3821977 it's the very first recipe and its amazing believe me!! Hope it gets well for you!

The cottage pie went down a treat and I thought it was lovely, they said you couldn't even tell it wasn't potato which is awesome. And I was very restrained, I even had to ask my OH to eat a Malteser that hadn't made it into the bowl so I didn't eat it hhaah.

Back