Total Solution Motivation! A diet diary. ^-^

Just to keep motivation up and to make sure I'm tracking my progress, I thought I'd open up a diary here too! Feel free to follow, comment, etc, it all helps. It's mainly for my own ramblings - but everything is appreciated!

I will track what I've had day by day, how I felt about it and rate it out of 5 stars. Any advice on anything would be great! I hope this helps someone.

I will weigh myself every Monday.

Last edited:
Day 1 - Wednesday 6th April

Breakfast: Cookies & Cream shake. ★★☆☆☆
Way too sweet! Shame because they're the ones I thought I'd enjoy the most. :( Ordered like 5 of them too - boooo!

Lunch: Pasta, ham & mushroom soup. ★★★★★
Super tasty, nice and thick, loved the soup. :)

Tea: Sweet & Sour noodles. ☆☆☆☆
NOOOOOOOoooo, nooo, no, so bad hahaha. Couldn't even finish them - would not have again!

Snacks: none
Drinks: No added sugar dilute juice, water.

First day was fine! Had a bit of a hiccup with my packs but here's hoping tomorrow will be better.

Last edited:
Day 2 - Thursday 6th April

Breakfast: Chocolate Mint shake. ★★★★★
Absolutely loved it. Can't beat mint chocolate though, can you?

Lunch: Indian Daal pot meal ★★★★★
Very substantial and filling. Tastes great too. Wish I bought more!

Dinner: Porridge oats. ★★★★★
Thought I'd mix it up a bit and conquer my sweet craving by having porridge for tea and I don't regret anything! Really really tasty. Nice and sweet too. Love it.

Snacks: 1 hard boiled egg with some salt and pepper.
Drinks: No added sugar dilute juice, Pepsi Max and water.

Today has been a good day in terms of my packs. Everything tasted great, I was not disappointed at all. However, the hunger was SOOO bad I had to have a snack. My dad is on exante too and told me that a hard boiled egg contains no carbs, therefore, won't take my body out of ketosis (not that it's even there yet!) Fingers crossed.

Welcome to the forum. Great start! The first few days (and longer for some) are hell but totally worth it. I don't feel hungry at all on this diet.
Funny how we all like different things - I hate the mint choc and love the sweet n sour noodles. I add extra chilli.
Have a great weekend and good luck!

Welcome to the forum. Great start! The first few days (and longer for some) are hell but totally worth it. I don't feel hungry at all on this diet.
Funny how we all like different things - I hate the mint choc and love the sweet n sour noodles. I add extra chilli.
Have a great weekend and good luck!

Thank you very much! 3rd day today, feeling a bit better but still not great I have to admit. Were you always OK with it, or did it take a little while for you to get into the swing of things? And yes! I was reading what other people liked/disliked and it varies sooo much. Same to you, have a great one. ^-^

Hello,
I was surprised by the cookies and cream shake too. I couldn't taste anything cookie related, just milk.

Hello and welcome love how you are rating everything! Hope your day is going well x

Day 3 - Friday 7th April

Breakfast: Blueberry shake ★★★★★
Another shake that I loved. Always been a sucker for creamy fruit things though.

Lunch: Beef and black bean pot meal ★★★★★
Another pot meal that I'm really impressed with. These are super easy to take to work too as you just fill em up and eat them out of the carton. Stops people asking awkward questions too!

Dinner: Shepherds pie ★★★★★
You know those cheap tins of ready mixed mince and gravy? Tastes like them and as a previous student, I hate to admit, I LOVE them. So loved this!

Snacks: none
Drinks: No added sugar dilute juice, Pepsi Max, water and a cup of tea

Still really, really happy with how all the "food" is tasting. Don't have a bad thing to say about it. I'm still very hungry, must not be in ketosis yet. When does this pain end?!

Hi Margaret.. Im a new starter too. I have done Exante before but am currently re starting after a couple of years. Stick with it cos as Im sure your dads already told you it gets much easier when ketosis kicks in. Good luck

Hi there! Good luck - we can both do this, I know we can. :D Especially if you've done it before! Ah yes, I really can't wait til that happens. I feel so hungry and pretty weak at the minute, hoping it hurrys itself up. :p

Hello and welcome :)

Hello! Thanks so much - hope you're having a great weekend.

Hello,
I was surprised by the cookies and cream shake too. I couldn't taste anything cookie related, just milk.

I completely agree with this. Just weird, powdery, sweet milk? Not enjoyable at all, such a shame. :(

Hope your day is going well :)

Thank you very much! <3 As it stands, things are great taste wise. Hunger wise? Terrible!!! Put me into ketosis now!

Hello and welcome love how you are rating everything! Hope your day is going well x

Thank you so much. :D Oh, I'm really glad you do! I thought it might be a bit helpful and easier to read. Same to you love, have a great one :)

How are you getting on?

Back