Motivation and incentive to lose weight!

cirsty89

Restarting... AGAIN
I joined this forum back in february hoping that i would find some motivation to lose weight but low and behold i was the usual me and ignored advice and everything and just felt damn right shitty to be honest... but since I now have something to work towards my goal i have started a few weeks ago and so far the first weight in was that i lost 4lb which i was chuffed about this is with doing the wii fit each day for a hour + with one day off... although i have to admit now i have slacked a heck of a lot and im gutted that ive just been staying the same... its been a total of 2 weeks and a day and all ive lost is that first 4lbs, im doing it from home too and not going to classes as im on benefits and always stuck for money.
My goal is that im going to manchester with a few girls for the weekend the end of next month and thats exactly 5 weeks this upcoming saturday so therefore I'm asking if it's possible to lose 10lbs in 5 weeks as now im quite low that its been a slow progress but I like a lot of variety but im extremely fussy with my food too so its a bit of a catch 22 situation really.
I have LOADS of slimming world books and really like cooking but the money bit to buy the ingredients are just not happening at the moment due to having no money which is not good.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Start weight: 14.13
Current weight: 14.8 :(
Idealy i would like to be about 13.8 by manchester but if im in the 13's would be great... have also decided when i reach my stone goal im going to buy myself a new pandora charm (you'd think this would be a great incentive... but nope)

Greatly appreciate any feedback
xxx

Well during the past few weeks ive been looking at what ive been eating ive mainly had a lot of fruit which i know is superfree so its all good and usually my lunch is pasta with something or a jacket potato... my tea varies too... i get my HEA which is my milk its usually my HEB that i dont really get very often...
gosh i feel like im ranting on. my syns vary but usually im under 10 syns a day but then the occasional other day im over 15 depending what ive had to eat... E.G today:
Breakfast = Banana and satsuma
Lunch = Pasta, bacon (trimmed fat) & cheese (5.5)
Dinner= Pork chops (trimmed fat - grilled) and mash (6)
Snack = 4 mini eggs.
Done 40 mins on the wii today.
Not too sure how this sounds but im willing to accept any feedback etc.
x

cirsty89 said:
Well during the past few weeks ive been looking at what ive been eating ive mainly had a lot of fruit which i know is superfree so its all good and usually my lunch is pasta with something or a jacket potato... my tea varies too... i get my HEA which is my milk its usually my HEB that i dont really get very often...
gosh i feel like im ranting on. my syns vary but usually im under 10 syns a day but then the occasional other day im over 15 depending what ive had to eat... E.G today:
Breakfast = Banana and satsuma
Lunch = Pasta, bacon (trimmed fat) & cheese (5.5)
Dinner= Pork chops (trimmed fat - grilled) and mash (6)
Snack = 4 mini eggs.
Done 40 mins on the wii today.
Not too sure how this sounds but im willing to accept any feedback etc.
x

Hi there, I'm no expert; but from reading it seems that you are missing out on your 1/3 super free with each meal. Eg have a large salad with your jacket potato, and maybe swap the cheese for beans or tuna? Little adjustments will make an amazing result.
Please try and.get heb - fibre is so important, Tesco do an own brand wheatabix for about £1 I'm.sure other supermarkets will also xxx

Hey.
Thats true im not really a salad lover actually... but have been trying to introduce salad and more fresh stuff to my meals... im not really into my veg :/ fruit i love... managed to have my HEB today which was a wholemeal sub roll for my lunch... just got to try an adjust to different things i suppose and have the thought of eating more than i usually do. lol. do you think its possible to lose 10lbs in 5 weeks? x

cirsty89 said:
Hey.
Thats true im not really a salad lover actually... but have been trying to introduce salad and more fresh stuff to my meals... im not really into my veg :/ fruit i love... managed to have my HEB today which was a wholemeal sub roll for my lunch... just got to try an adjust to different things i suppose and have the thought of eating more than i usually do. lol. do you think its possible to lose 10lbs in 5 weeks? x

I think that is very possible, 2lbs a week is a good weekly goal.
If you arent keen on salad or veg, try having a fresh fruit salad after or before a meal.
I've lost 6.5 in two weeks, so your target is totally achievable :)

Thanks Charlotte, I do try and have a fruit salad each day with a variety of different fruits as i enjoy my fruit so much tend to add a yoghurt with it as well, im just struggling at the moment doesnt help that i have PCOS as well and apprently its harder to looser weight *sigh* just hoping that i can stick to it... as yesterday i did actually have my 15 syns because i ended up having some weight watchers crisps and 1 rolo (damn my midnight munchies) this was AFTER i had a fruit salad and a yoghurt :/ x

Back