Motivation at weekends.

Eve69

Ladies, I spent the whole of last week trying to get off the weight I had put on last weekend. To be fair to myself there is a lot of stuff going on at work and people getting made redundant which was totally for me anyway unexpected. This weekend I had no excuse!

Anyway enough of my ramblings. My question is how do you all keep on the straight and narrower at the weekends? I have the added temptation of sweets, chocolates and crisps in the house for the kids. Apart from me getting in a minder to follow me about the house and stop me I need my motivation back so that I don't have another week of sts or even worse putting some weight on. I am fine during the week as at work. All thoughts welcome x

How about making yourself a cooked breakfast in the morning at the weekend? I sometimes have eggs, lean bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes and a low fat vegetarian sausage as a weekend brunch. It feels like a real treat, and tells my brain I'm not being deprived.

As for a sweet fix, make sure you have plenty of sugar-free jelly in the fridge. It's particularly good if you mix it with some fat free yogurt.

As for all the temptations in the house, can you buy varieties of sweets/chocolates/crisps that you're not keen on but that the kids still like? I don't know how old your kids are, but would they understand a period of time without these treats in the house? You don't have that much left to lose, so it wouldn't be forever.

Good luck Eve! :Dx

Unfortunately there are not many things that I don't like apart fom cauliflower and porridge so hence v difficult. Kids are 7 and 4 so although I do try not to get them sweet things I always give in as makes life a bit easier.

I know I've not got much to go but that seems to make it harder for me for some reason.

Thanks for your thoughts will give that a go x

Luckily for me I don't have a particularly sweet tooth, and as I live alone I only have the food that I buy. But at work my colleagues seem to live on anything sugary, theres a constant supply of cakes and biscuits etc. I'm rarely tempted, unless I am very hungry, so to avoid this I make sure I have a good supply of food with me and make time to eat regularly. If I am full I have no interest at all in what other people are eating. I also remind myself that I have no reason to eat food that is bad for me and will make me feel unwell (never been good with carbs/sugary rubbish). I'm just lucky they dont sit there with huge cheese boards, now that would be a temptation I couldnt resist!

I always make sure i've got something sweet to eat that i can have when others are eating treats. for me its SF jelly, or mousse made with jelly and yoghurt, or a muffin or some rhubarb!

Weekends used to be a nightmare for me on other diets but on dukan they were the same as any other day - eat plenty of protein so you don't feel hungry - I eat muffins every day and on cruise I used to try and leave it until tea or after tea to have them as I knew they were a sweet fix. Also sugar free jelly set and then mashed up and mixed with ff natural yoghurt is another lifesaver when you get the munchies

I completely understand... I was so proud of myself that I stuck to Dukan 100%. I try to engineer my weekends so that I am always PV on a weekend. Also I always make sure I have stuff in the fridge to have a big breakfast/brunch where I make burgers from acceptable mince, have a dry fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and a pancake. Therefore it feels like a treat.

I did find myself this weekend with an open bottle of gin pouring one for the boyf that I wanted to and it took me the thought that if I had this then I'll have everything else that I fancy and it's just going to put off conso for another 3 days and wont get to my target for when I want. And magically... the bottle disappeared from my hand!! Hope this helps!!

Did you manage OK all of this weekend?

Back