Motivation Needed Urgently!!!

Good morning everyone, I am stuck in a rut and need some ideas how to get out of it, its desperate times!! I know what to do i know how to do it, i love SW plans as i have lost 6 stones before (and then over 3 years all and more has crept back on) I want/need to get back into it, how do you get motivated and stay motivated? what's wrong with me?? HELP!!:cry:

I've dieted on and off for as long as I can remember. I am doing ee mainly because it is a very normal way of eating. I feel v motivated at the moment and trying to stay there by not looking at it as a diet. By doing ee your not thinking ' is it going to be meat today or pasta?' You can eat anything you want by just monitoring sugar, bread, booze, fat and cereal. Concentrate on what you can eat instead of what you can't. And think how good it was when you lost your weight before
As the saying goes.... ' nothing tastes as good as being slim feels' Good luck' x

I would love to offer you lots of great advice but the truth is you sound similar to myself. I have been doing sw on and off for about 8 yrs. think it says it all as I keep coming back lol.

My most recent history was starting June 2011 weighing 13 stone I stuck to it for a whole 9 weeks and lost 24lb. I went on me jollys rewarded myself a bit to much and went off plan until October. When I restarted in October I was 12st 4lb. This time I stuck with it for 17 weeks and lost 18lb I also completed 30 day shred and was doing Zumba on my wii daily. I did manage to loose 2-3 inches off every part of my body. I gave up again in February 2012.

I'm now back weighing 12 stone and could kick myself. I'm fed up of walking around in the other halfs jumpers trying to cover up especially when it's warm weather. Today is a new day.

You need to ask yourself why your doing this? What you hope to achieve? And look at it as its a life change not a diet ( I'm telling myself the same ) if you want we can join forces and help each other. Also look at starting a diet on here for extra help and support.

Good luck x :)

I've done SW for more or less 8 years now from home only and it isn't a diet for me it's just the only way I know how to eat now! I find if I don't follow a plan I eat rubbish non stop so keeps me on track. I pretty much maintain but when I need a kick up the backside I tend to aim for small goals for certain things such as a weekend away or a wedding, holiday etc... My friend has not long joined and we now weigh ourselves together so makes it a bit competative as in seeing who can get the best weight loss each week. These forums are a great help as in new recipe ideas and meal plans to mix things up a bit, which stops it becoming a bore! Also planning is key - look for new recipes you'd like to try and depending on what plan you follow plan your meals for the week and buy your shopping around that etc also don't forget your syns - my favourites at the moment are velvet crunch (4) and a sachet of highlight hot chocolate (2) so they are my daily 'treat' gives you something to look forward to when the snack attacks come on and this helps keep away your cravings for junk food I find.

Then I also find as the weight comes off the motivation increases more and more!

I always buy a countdown and that keeps me on track. Knowing that I've already paid for my weight loss I try and get as much for my money as I can!

Great saying, will keep that in mind, why havent i heard it before?? maybe i am dwelling too much on the fact that i lost control last time, i just need to get into and go with the flow? the concept is easy i know ive done it and just as you say not much thinking involved really!!! thanks, if the weather doesnt motivate me then nothing will!!!

Caldil, we are in the same rut indeed!! perhaps we need to stop focusing on what we did and more on what we need to do?? see i dont know if you agree with me, but the plan is so straight forward, almost too straight forward, when im on it, i have amazing weight loses like a stone in 3 weeks type of thing, so when im off it i think to myself, it wont hurt, i know i can do it, i will get back on track tomorrow and in 3 weeks time i will be a stone lighter, today i'll eat and enjoy and tomorrow i'll be good.....thing is tomorrow never comes does it?? and i find myself months (more like 3 years) worse than before!! im reading a book on my journey into work called ....only fat people skip breakfast...im not that far into it (a bit of a slow reader, too easily distracted thats my problem) one thing though that stuck in my mind so far is this statement......"There is only one life; this is not a dress rehearsal for the slim life you should be living" how true, dont you think?? Ok lets embark this together, joining forces, if you dont mind could be great!! I will continue to read my book and pick out motivational statements, if you wish? Shall we start a diet on here? im not quite sure how to do that!! :confused:

There's nothing wrong with you - you are human! xxxx

I tend to do extra easy but if I am bored and stuck in a rut then I try to jiggle my plans around just so I am eating differently. Also, look at the menus and recipe ideas on here - I am quite a good cook but there's stuff I see and think ''oooooh, that looks nice''. Oh, also the food diaries too - its interesting to see what other people do xxxxxx

Wegle, ive tried that even wasting money doesnt do the trick!!! its terrible really!! bought gym memberships and let them run for months before going into the gym or just cancelling it, not proud of myself i must admitt, thing is with me, is i am very ambitious, enthusiastic and dedicated person...just not when it comes to my weight, so i get really annoyed with myself!! :mad:

thanks Stivesliz, im struggling dealing with it all, getting myself all worked up!! i know what i want, i know how to do it, why dont i just get on with it?? if it were a task or challenge my Director at work had set me then i would have it done in a jiffy and bloody good too as im like that but when it comes to doing something for me then its a whole new story, whats that all about!! (sorry dont mean for this to turn into counselling, just wondering if anybody else is like ME???) Oh good idea look at other peoples diaries i might find something in common and take ideas...thanks xxx

ClaudiaPerone said:
Caldil, we are in the same rut indeed!! perhaps we need to stop focusing on what we did and more on what we need to do?? see i dont know if you agree with me, but the plan is so straight forward, almost too straight forward, when im on it, i have amazing weight loses like a stone in 3 weeks type of thing, so when im off it i think to myself, it wont hurt, i know i can do it, i will get back on track tomorrow and in 3 weeks time i will be a stone lighter, today i'll eat and enjoy and tomorrow i'll be good.....thing is tomorrow never comes does it?? and i find myself months (more like 3 years) worse than before!! im reading a book on my journey into work called ....only fat people skip breakfast...im not that far into it (a bit of a slow reader, too easily distracted thats my problem) one thing though that stuck in my mind so far is this statement......"There is only one life; this is not a dress rehearsal for the slim life you should be living" how true, dont you think?? Ok lets embark this together, joining forces, if you dont mind could be great!! I will continue to read my book and pick out motivational statements, if you wish? Shall we start a diet on here? im not quite sure how to do that!! :confused:

You are exactly the same as me. I always think oh a week off won't do any harm, before I know it that weeks turned into a month then 3 months and so on. Yes you keep reading that book lots of inspiration needed. Maybe start up a new thread we can both put tips, food diarys, exercise done, wi results etc or can always pm me when ever you want xx

Back