Motivation tips!

SkinnyMalink

Hi everyone,

I started SW about 4 weeks ago and it's been going really well. I'd lost 13 pounds, the stone sticker was in sight and then.....beer. Beer happened and I put 1/2 pound on.

I know 1/2 pound isn't much in the grand scheme of things, but instead of making me more determined it's put me on a downer and made me feel like I want to run to the shop and eat a bar of dairy milk...

Does anyone have anything they specifically do to keep them going?

Think about that day 4 weeks ago why did you start this in the first place its one week but there is 52 in a year xxx

Hey,
Well done on your loss so far....12.5lbs is not to be sniffed at :)
I completely feel your pain, drinking is the absolute worst because for a start it's filled with calories but also because it makes you have sneaky midnight McDonalds that you didn't really need lol!
In the grand scheme of things half a pound really isn't alot, you could wee that much. Try to think about how good you felt when you stood on the scales and saw the numbers go down, think about the nice clothes you will buy (make a wishlist online and send it to your significant other for future reference if you have one :)), think about how much better you will feel if you resist the chocolate.
You can do it, and if all that doesn't work read some of the amazing stories of people on here, look at the photo diaries. It can be done :)

You've done brilliantly, I find setting small goals helps to keep me going usually and non food related treats like a new dress I want to get into or a new bag. It's easy to get disheartened but look how well you've done hun :)

Back