1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Motivation to Move

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by M Louise H, 6 March 2014 Social URL.

1. M Louise H

M Louise H Well-Known Member

As a spin of from the Online Image Therapy thread here's a motivation to move one!

I'm no exercise junkie but need motivation to move more and get fit.

Daily, weekly or monthly exercise targets - try something new - just do what you can and move more than yesterday.

We've started with pedometer/fitbits/apps but anything goes.

So yesterday I managed a pitiful 6600 steps, today's target is anything higher than that!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. LyndaAnn

LyndaAnn Well-Known Member

You did much better than me with only 5586 steps. Hopefully I can rack up a few more today and push over the 6000.

4. bubble77

bubble77 Well-Known Member

Subbing :) -gonna set some targets report soon.

5. bubble77

bubble77 Well-Known Member

Evening guys, pedometer off now did 18181 steps - 7.82miles, also completed day 9 of 30Day Shred

Im not quite sure what exercise goals to set yet, at the moment I would like to survive the 30DS, and walk more than 10,000 steps mon-fri.

Good luck on all your goals

6. mumpsimus

mumpsimus Well-Known Member

Loving the idea of this :)

I have a question for fitbit users. How do you get around the problem of the fitbit registering steps and stairs while you are driving? I noticed it did for one journey and didn't for the second.

7. Moonbeamcor

Moonbeamcor Well-Known Member

Whooo, hi everybody!

Sooooo... I dunno what a Fitbit is... do I need one?

I've done 9324 steps (still wearing my pedometer on the way up to bed, hahaha! ) - was at work today, so not as much opportunity to be out and about.

Am going to try out a tae kwon do class next week. Wish me luck!

I've also noticed how light it is when I wake up and am wondering if it might be worth trying to sneak out for an early morning walk before the kids are up... I LOVE the idea of the peace and quiet and fresh air, just don't know if I could haul my cookies outta bed that early!

8. mumpsimus

"haul my cookies"... like :D

9. M Louise H

You got me! Maybe yours is a cleverer one than mine. Mine just seems to count the steps I physically take.

10. M Louise H

[​IMG]

One of my targets for summer is to swim from Kalogria (on the left) to Stoupa (on the right). It's miserable here just now so warm swimming days seem a long way off!

11. M Louise H

My god woman - you're a machine :eek:

12. LyndaAnn

Wow well done

13. LyndaAnn

my results for yesterday are: 5784 steps, not quite made the 6000, but not too bad (and mostly all done at work too!!)
    This week I have totted up 22436 steps so far. Hoping I can get out after work tomorrow and get some fresh air.

14. M Louise H

Beat yesterday's target of 7,000, going for 8,000 today!

15. Moonbeamcor

Ooh, had my honeymoon in Stoupa, was lovely!!

...omigosh, you live there?

16. M Louise H

We live just up the hill in Neochori. When were you here for your honeymoon - I may have been your rep!!!!!!!!

17. Moonbeamcor

Our rep was called Leslie, I think she lived right in Stoupa. She was great... married a Greek man I believe... do you know her?

Maybe you can be my rep on our next trip over! :)

18. Moonbeamcor

Only managed 5294 steps today, booo! Maybe I can make up for it on the weekend...
    How did everyone else do?

19. mumpsimus

7639 so far but still have the housework to do. Yes, housework on a Friday night. My social life ROCKS :)

20. M Louise H

Yeah I know Lesley really well, she left Stoupa in 2008 and now works for Saga. I was the Manos manager when Lesley was here. I'm out of the industry now but will gladly be your own private rep!

10,433 for me today - shame I ruined the good work with chocolate and half a tub of ice cream.

21. Moonbeamcor

No WAY! That's so awesome. She won't remember us I'm sure, but let her know she helped to make our honeymoon a lot more relaxed than it would have been if we hadn't had a rep! We always talk about going back, but haven't yet...