1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Motivation to Move

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by M Louise H, 6 March 2014 Social URL.

1. M Louise H

M Louise H Well-Known Member

As a spin of from the Online Image Therapy thread here's a motivation to move one!

I'm no exercise junkie but need motivation to move more and get fit.

Daily, weekly or monthly exercise targets - try something new - just do what you can and move more than yesterday.

We've started with pedometer/fitbits/apps but anything goes.

So yesterday I managed a pitiful 6600 steps, today's target is anything higher than that!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. LyndaAnn

LyndaAnn Well-Known Member

You did much better than me with only 5586 steps. Hopefully I can rack up a few more today and push over the 6000.

4. bubble77

bubble77 Well-Known Member

Subbing :) -gonna set some targets report soon.

5. bubble77

bubble77 Well-Known Member

Evening guys, pedometer off now did 18181 steps - 7.82miles, also completed day 9 of 30Day Shred

Im not quite sure what exercise goals to set yet, at the moment I would like to survive the 30DS, and walk more than 10,000 steps mon-fri.

Good luck on all your goals

6. mumpsimus

mumpsimus Well-Known Member

Loving the idea of this :)

I have a question for fitbit users. How do you get around the problem of the fitbit registering steps and stairs while you are driving? I noticed it did for one journey and didn't for the second.

7. Moonbeamcor

Moonbeamcor Well-Known Member

Whooo, hi everybody!

Sooooo... I dunno what a Fitbit is... do I need one?

I've done 9324 steps (still wearing my pedometer on the way up to bed, hahaha! ) - was at work today, so not as much opportunity to be out and about.

Am going to try out a tae kwon do class next week. Wish me luck!

I've also noticed how light it is when I wake up and am wondering if it might be worth trying to sneak out for an early morning walk before the kids are up... I LOVE the idea of the peace and quiet and fresh air, just don't know if I could haul my cookies outta bed that early!

8. mumpsimus

"haul my cookies"... like :D

9. M Louise H

You got me! Maybe yours is a cleverer one than mine. Mine just seems to count the steps I physically take.

10. M Louise H

[​IMG]

One of my targets for summer is to swim from Kalogria (on the left) to Stoupa (on the right). It's miserable here just now so warm swimming days seem a long way off!

11. M Louise H

My god woman - you're a machine :eek:

12. LyndaAnn

Wow well done

13. LyndaAnn

my results for yesterday are: 5784 steps, not quite made the 6000, but not too bad (and mostly all done at work too!!)
    This week I have totted up 22436 steps so far. Hoping I can get out after work tomorrow and get some fresh air.

14. M Louise H

Beat yesterday's target of 7,000, going for 8,000 today!

15. Moonbeamcor

Ooh, had my honeymoon in Stoupa, was lovely!!

...omigosh, you live there?

16. M Louise H

We live just up the hill in Neochori. When were you here for your honeymoon - I may have been your rep!!!!!!!!

17. Moonbeamcor

Our rep was called Leslie, I think she lived right in Stoupa. She was great... married a Greek man I believe... do you know her?

Maybe you can be my rep on our next trip over! :)

18. Moonbeamcor

Only managed 5294 steps today, booo! Maybe I can make up for it on the weekend...
    How did everyone else do?

19. mumpsimus

7639 so far but still have the housework to do. Yes, housework on a Friday night. My social life ROCKS :)

20. M Louise H

Yeah I know Lesley really well, she left Stoupa in 2008 and now works for Saga. I was the Manos manager when Lesley was here. I'm out of the industry now but will gladly be your own private rep!

10,433 for me today - shame I ruined the good work with chocolate and half a tub of ice cream.

21. Moonbeamcor

No WAY! That's so awesome. She won't remember us I'm sure, but let her know she helped to make our honeymoon a lot more relaxed than it would have been if we hadn't had a rep! We always talk about going back, but haven't yet...