Motivation

Hi I am Kerry I'm 24 and on day three! I just wondered what motivates you all whilst on LT?

For me it is my two children they are my reason to get out of bed every day and I think they deserve a healthy fit mum who can do all the running around they want without feeling out of breath or absolutely shattered by it.
I have let myself go n now it's time to get back
On track x

Frappydappy said:
Hi I am Kerry I'm 24 and on day three! I just wondered what motivates you all whilst on LT?

For me it is my two children they are my reason to get out of bed every day and I think they deserve a healthy fit mum who can do all the running around they want without feeling out of breath or absolutely shattered by it.?
On track x ?

Frappydappy said:

For me it is my two children they are my reason to get out of bed every day and I think they deserve a healthy fit mum who can do all the running around they want without feeling out of breath or absolutely shattered by it.
On track x :)

Hi Kerry I'm Sharon on day 6 it's my daughter who motivates me as well she is 10 also were going to a theme park in August and I would love to be able to go on the thrill rides with her instead of her having to go on her own. That's my goal at the moment but I have a huge amount of weight to shift.

Hi Sharon,

My two are five and 17 months and are my world, I wish to every success with your weight loss and look forward to hearing about your journey x

I've already bought some of the clothes I want to be able to fit into and if I'm feeling a little down sometimes I lay out a 'skinny' outfit on the bed, admire it for a few seconds and put it away. It cheers me up thinking I'm hopefully just a few weeks away from being able to rock those skinny outfits - but only if I don't cheat! I guess my motivations are shallow but hey. No point lying, I want to look nice and I just wouldn't feel nice in these same clothes in my current size! Some stuff only works on skinny people I guess.

I've already bought some of the clothes I want to be able to fit into and if I'm feeling a little down sometimes I lay out a 'skinny' outfit on the bed, admire it for a few seconds and put it away. It cheers me up thinking I'm hopefully just a few weeks away from being able to rock those skinny outfits - but only if I don't cheat! I guess my motivations are shallow but hey. No point lying, I want to look nice and I just wouldn't feel nice in these same clothes in my current size! Some stuff only works on skinny people I guess.

Shallow NO honest YES ;)

Mine may be shallow but my motivation is to look better than my 'friend' (As a previous post was saying about)
She constantly thinks she is better than me and because she is skinnier she hated the fact I was starting LT because I KNOW I am going to look better than her soon!!
Keep going and just think of your main goal! I am on day 14 and I never thought I would get this far!! :D

Mine is a mixture of things. Number 1 is for my 7 year old daughter. I want to go swimming with her on holiday and go on theme park rides too but then also I want to look good. Iv been big since I was about 12 and am 30 now so don't know what it's like to feel good about the way I look. I can't wait for that! :)

I would love to go swimming too my daughter is a complete water baby but we haven't been since I had my son, this being because my self confidence is in tatters as after his birth I ballooned to 22stone and now have a huge task ahead but I will conquer this weight it will not bet me x

Feeling good is my general motivation , being able to walk the streets with my head held high not the way I use to walk head bent down,
Being a role model to my children is part of it too I can't wait to be the thin mum in the playground not the fattest mum

I look forward to looking in the mirror and feeling I look good!, self confidence is huge issue for me. Sounds very silly but had a panic attack about going to the gym as I thought people were pointing and laughing at me :(

hi everyone
today is day 3 for me and my motivation is just to feel good and be alive to see my 2 children grow up, (13yrs + 5.5 months), hope everyone is doing ok xx

I have been training weights and running for I've a year now, I have a ton of muscles with no definition and my running has hit a brick wall (I can't get any faster).

I want to have some definition and I want to be faster, in sick I being fat!

12th June: 16"10(234lbs)

I don't want to be the token fat friend anymore, I want to be a normal size like everyone else :) I also want to get married in a few years (hope other half knows hehe) and I want to be slim for that to wear a cute dress. I want to be no longer self conscious all the time about what i weigh and i dont want people to judge me because I am overweight. I also want to buy clothes in normal shops and not have to go into the plus size section as lets face it about 1 out of every 30 tops or dresses is actually cute and good for ANYONES figure.

I want to be a Size 12! I bought a pair of jeans in Next last week in a 14 and they fit (they're a bit tight but they are on!) and I just want to pick up things and not think that I can't wear it coz I'm too big! Want to be a healthy Mum too :) Also have weddings on 21st July and 4th August and want to feel good in what I wear and not feel self conscious if they are pictures being taken :)

Wanting to be healthy motivates me! That and I want to fit into all my lovely clothes from 2 years ago that don't fit! Some I have not even worn. I want to be able to go out and do things without feeling self conscious or tired anymore. Also, it's my sisters 30th in early september so I want to lose at least 2 stone. :O

Back