Motivation!!!

Vesta

So folks, what keeps you motivated!? ;)
Hopefully we can help each other and especially for those who struggle on a constant basis...

Me? I write me current weight on my left hand and desired weight on my right hand. When i'm facing temptation in the face i simply look at both hands and i have the instant feeling of power and will. :p It might sound silly but if it works...what the heck!

Soo, what helps you?

I have constant problems with motivation :D

I have an excel chart that i log my weight loss on, so that i can see how much i'm loosing and how it is going overall.

I also have a 'target skirt' which i used to fit in to. It now just does up and is just a bit tight. I'm going to get myself another nice piece of clothing to aim for next :).

I have constant problems with motivation :D

I think everyone has...you're not alone:D

The problem is that people hope to stay motivated throughout the diet, and into maintenance.

Both motivation and willpower are in short supply. They come and go..but rarely enough to keep us going long term.

You have to mix a huge portion of determination in there. When the motivation and willpower goes, the determination will see you through.

When you are determined, you will stick to the plan when you don't want to. You'll just do it.

Fun thread though. I hope I haven't stopped it:eek:

Motivation is easier when there is something that you madly & passionately want to do/be that is associated with your weight loss.

For example, complete the sentence:

"I want to be slim and ....."

Slim and fit?
Slim and capable?
Slim and sexy?
Slim and intelligent?
Slim and gorgeous?

What do YOU associate with slimness?

If you find that out, and attach it to the picture of the slimmer you, that will motivate you.

Hi there, I think motivation stems from working out what you want - something many people don't know! It certainly took me a long time, but I love helping others achieve their dreams and in doing so, I achieve a real buzz. Also, helping people work out what they want can be beneficial too as you watch them reach new heights of success. Soooo many people have unfulfilled potential and just need someone to mentor and motivate them - do YOU know what you want to achieve and is your weight stopping you from getting there?
Hope this helps, Good luck, Lucy

For me it wasn't so much motivation as a determination that I no longer wanted to be what I had become.

Gxx

Porgeous, I have to say, have seen your photo's in several posts and you've done brilliantly and look gorgeous - be it determination, motivation or otherwise!

Thank you so much Lucy xx

This may seem kind of cheesy, but to get myself motivated I took a picture of myself with my tshirt off, and taped it to the door of my room... beside a picture of Brad Pitt with his tshirt off. Something I saw every day before I went for my morning run, and something that definitely helped. :)

Motivation is easier when there is something that you madly & passionately want to do/be that is associated with your weight loss.

For example, complete the sentence:

"I want to be slim and ....."

Slim and fit?
Slim and capable?
Slim and sexy?
Slim and intelligent?
Slim and gorgeous?

What do YOU associate with slimness?

If you find that out, and attach it to the picture of the slimmer you, that will motivate you.

I like it...ALOT:party0019: lol

although if you find a way to be

Slim and gorgeous?

let me know will you :D lol

just slim would do for me :party0011:

To keep me on track, I've brought a dress 3 sizes too small, and I try it on every week. I can now get it over my hips and the first button done, which is quite an acheivement considering i only started my weight loss programme 2 wks ago:).

Back