Motivational tips please!!

LGoswell

Hi i have just joined this site as my mum recommended it to me. I have 2 year old twins which can be very stressful so i always head to the cupboard for chocolate etc, but this then makes me very unhappy when i do this. I just want to lose a dress size but i can't seem to get the motivation to diet or excercise even though I want to do this. Does anyone have any tips for this?

Hi i have just joined this site as my mum recommended it to me. I have 2 year old twins which can be very stressful so i always head to the cupboard for chocolate etc, but this then makes me very unhappy when i do this. I just want to lose a dress size but i can't seem to get the motivation to diet or excercise even though I want to do this. Does anyone have any tips for this?
Hello DD2, and welcome to minis. You will find so much support, advice and a lot of laughs on here. It is the best place and I am sure you will soon be receiving lots of help.

Thanks for last night and have a great day celebrating your OH's birthday :D xxx

Welcome!

Gosh you have my sympathy! I had two year old twins once upon a time (they are 20 now) and headed for the chocolate cupboard daily!

There are loads of people on this forum who are very motivational and make it all seem so much easier. I have never been a sure that I am finally going to shift this weight than I am now and a lot of this is down to this forum. So have a good look round and I'm sure you will soon lose that weight. Plus SW is the easiest thing I have ever done. I'm a green day person and seem to eat all day!

Hello L, How nice to meet you, your mum and I are good friends. I'm not very good with tips I'm afraid, except.......I could scare you into trying very hard now because otherwise you could end up like me, still struggling at 50+!....Ok, perhaps not....well, thinking back to when my 4 were small, if I was in your position I wouldn't buy chocolate/biscuits and so on if they tempt you, or perhaps only once a week. With the children so small you are in a position to control the food that is in the house and what they eat, so fruit and veg all the way I suppose? Could you walk more? I remember the frustration of everything being done at toddler pace and not being abe to move freely and fast, so I used to strap them in a double buggy and step it out round a 4 mile loop - improved my mental state no end! :)

I admire you so much for coping with twins, my first 2 were 17 months apart and I was exhausted, twins must be more tiring, you are a star for even managing to get up and dressed in the morning I think!
BTW, you look stunning in your wedding photos, all brides look lovely, but you are so beautiful. (I think you take after your Mum.) So chin up L, you'll be fine, cut down the carbs a bit and walk where you can and when the twins are tiring remember no phase lasts very long.

Hugs from me, as I feel I know you a little bit! xxx

Hi DD2,

I, too, am a minis friend of your mum's (and sister's). I can only imagine how difficult it is to find time for yourself. I am sure that Slimming World will work well for you -- as you can make that work with a family to feed. I think Bess's advice about walking when you can (a good double stroller jogging type might be a good investment) -- is very sound.

But, also maybe you could arrange for some "me time" -- for mental fitness as well as physical -- a few times a week and get out to an exercise class.

Also, I would not have the "stuff" in the house, and every time I resisted purchases some contaband, I put the pounds in an envelope to spent in another fashion (on me)! (Spa treatment, new earrings, etc.)

Good Luck.

Mel

Thank you so much for your message, I'm going to have a good look around the site and read people's stories etc. I like the extra easy on SW but still find it hard to believe you can eat so much and lose weight, even though it has worked for me in the past x

Hi Bess,
Thank you for your kind words about my wedding pictures. Your so right about the fact that it's us that decides about the food for the kids etc. i have just been out and loaded the fruit bowl up, and brought childrens snacks that i know I won't eat. I'm going to start SW tomorrow. The thing i find hard is that Rosemary Connelly is all portion sizes and ideally no snacks then SW you can eat as much as you want that is sin free. It's hard to know which one is best x

Hi Mel,
Thank you for your good advice. I think SW is the way forward for me as I don't have time to calorie count etc. I'm going to drag my mum to salsa classes tomorrow so that should be a good laugh, and i have just gone back to netball on a Thursday, as you said just to get some me time x

Hi Mel,
Thank you for your good advice. I think SW is the way forward for me as I don't have time to calorie count etc. I'm going to drag my mum to salsa classes tomorrow so that should be a good laugh, and i have just gone back to netball on a Thursday, as you said just to get some me time x
I am looking forward to the salsa classes :D Maybe I will be as good as, or better than the real Lulu :8855:

Better, for sure. xxx

Welcome!

Gosh you have my sympathy! I had two year old twins once upon a time (they are 20 now) and headed for the chocolate cupboard daily!

There are loads of people on this forum who are very motivational and make it all seem so much easier. I have never been a sure that I am finally going to shift this weight than I am now and a lot of this is down to this forum. So have a good look round and I'm sure you will soon lose that weight. Plus SW is the easiest thing I have ever done. I'm a green day person and seem to eat all day!
Me too!

Chelsea Lou as your mum?

**hugs** couldn't just read and run....;)

I'm not very good at advice. Actually I am, but nobody listens or takes any notice:eek:

Easier said than done, but have you tried "breaking the chain" - don't associate twins or stress with chocolate?

Substitute chocolate for apples or carrots. Failing that, can't mum have the kids more?;)

Hope that helps......

Now now Grandma! :bolt::rotflmao: xxx

They are gorgeous little girls but sooooooooooo tiring. I love them to bits and do look after them......I usually get there about an hour before their bedtime :8855:

*ahem* I would not only be turning to even more chocolate but copious amounts of alcohol as well!!! Bad advice Stevie boy :D
Very selfish attitude Granny:eek:

Most of us parents would sacrifice our own happiness for our offspring:p

Besides, the amount of chocolate you consume a few more lb wouldn't make a difference;)

only joking.... have you tried feeding the twins the chocolate instead?

I'm not very good at this am I:8855:

Very selfish attitude Granny:eek:

Most of us parents would sacrifice our own happiness for our offspring:p

Besides, the amount of chocolate you consume a few more lb wouldn't make a difference;)

I'm not very good at this am I:8855:
Crap actually :rotflmao:

@Steve --

This could work... she feeds the twins the chocolate and then burns a ton of calories trying to peel them off the walls! ;)

Mel

@LSG -- Try green tea... and I prefer RC to SW because the fitness classes that are included. And, I love my portion pots.

Mel

Remember leftovers go in the bin not mummy!
To destress fast walks in the buggy or go to the park and have 'races'. Make sure you have time off for proper exercise, great for everything and mummy's need proper time off! Hubby can watch the Grand Prix around them at the weekend!
know your triggers, if you always reach for a biscuit at 3pm then head off the low blood sugar that causes it with a banana at 2.30!
If snacking when they've gone to bed helps you unwind then try a non food relaxation, make a nice cosy nest of your chair/sofa a throw cushions, a book/knitting/whatever floats your boat, maybe have pamper nights; I do my nails watching Holby on Tuesday's!

Back