Motivations

Camplestar

Silver Member
What is it that keeps you going? Is it an event? Health? Feeling? Please share ideas. It may inspire someone else.

My motivations. I have my graduation in May next year (I think and hope). I want to be at the most a size 16.
I want to dance without my belly getting in the way. There is so much I can't do because of my size.
I want to go clothes shopping without looking in the plus size.
I want to go on holiday without wondering if the seatbelt will fit.

Start weight 19st 9.8

Goal 1 lose half a stone - done
Goal 2 lose 1 stone - done
Goal 3 lose 1 stone 7 - done
Goal 4 lose 2 stone
Goal 5 lose 2 stone 7
Goal 6 lose 3 stone
Goal 7 lose 3 stone 7
Goal 8 lose 4 stone

Current weight - 18st 1.8

Great idea for a thread - one we can all look back at on the tough days :D

I have many motivations - feeling fitter, being healthier, feel more confident in myself, live longer & better but despite knowing and feeling all of that they never seem to get me focused to start.

What actually sparked me in April was when a good friend sent me a text to say save a date in July 2015 for her wedding. Whilst my first thought was happiness for her & her partner it was swiftly followed by horror at the thought of having to find posh frock / wedding photos etc. I then gave myself a talking to it was a good 15 months away & I could realistically be massively slimmer and wear something fabulous. I've actually since been asked to be witness at another wedding in September so double motivation now!

So I guess (sorry for blathering on) what motivated me was vanity :eek:

Brilliant idea for a thread!

I'll probably sound vain but one of my motivations is that I want to feel attractive again.
I want to be able to wear clothes I actually like instead of having to settle for whatever fits.
I want to be able to look forward to going places without worrying whether people will stare at me, or I won't fit in the seat etc.
I want to be able to stand/walk for long periods without my feet hurting. On the subject of which, I want to be able to wear heels again.
I think more than anything, I want to like what I see in the mirror instead of hating it.

My second graduation is in January 2016, so the aim for me is to look dramatically different to my first graduation picture.

Also, I don't want to have to worry about going to theatres and such where the seats would struggle to accommodate a person of my size.

My motivation is living a full life, because it really isn't like that at the moment.

jamie you are going to do it baby boy x x x x

My motivation was as I didn't want to be embarrassed about posting photos of myself whilst on holiday.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Great motivations guys and I think I can relate to them all. Can't wait to get there are not worry.

Start weight 19st 9.8

Goal 1 lose half a stone - done
Goal 2 lose 1 stone - done
Goal 3 lose 1 stone 7 - done
Goal 4 lose 2 stone
Goal 5 lose 2 stone 7
Goal 6 lose 3 stone
Goal 7 lose 3 stone 7
Goal 8 lose 4 stone

Current weight - 17st 13.8

Great motivations everyone :)

I want to be able to buy clothes from my little backwards town center without having to use only Evans (or charity shops) or have to go to Yours Clothing or ebay.
I want to be able to have less strain on my joints and bones and internal organs (especially my chest. I'd love to not have the neck/back ache from that!)
I've wasted my teens and 20's being overweight and not being able to do anything other than be a carer as I was too tired to go out and have a life outside it.
I want to not have to worry if the chairs wherever we're going (I was worried about the cinema/auditorium when I should have been enjoying the film/panto) can take the weight or if they'll be digging in my side.
I want to be able to eat out and about without thinking people are staring at the monkey eating.

So many great ones on here :)

Mine is simply 2 things, me and hubby are planning to try for a baby next year so I'd like to be at a healthy BMI to reduce the risk of any complications during pregnancy :)

Second one is to simply be happy again, I've kind of lost who I was the past few years so I'm looking for me again :)

Start weight 17st 11

I want to be healthier
I want to be able to go into any clothes shop and find something that fits me.
I want to be able to tie up my shoes without my belly getting in the way
I want to see my feet when I look down :rolleyes:

Good thread! I have loads of motivators:

in order of how important to me they are:
* To lose enough weight to stop having to use a CPAP machine for Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
* To travel or take part in a volunteer programme abroad next summer
* To alleviate my PCOS symptoms
* To feel better about myself
* To wear clothes in a size 14 or less
* To never have to buy things from Evans, Simply Be etc again!
* To have more confidence in life - to dance, to get hair cuts, to meet new people etc

Back