Mousse loose aboot this hoose

granny-mo

Hi,

I am after some mousse making tips...

It informs me on the bag that you can make a mousse out of the chocolate and vanilla shakes, well I tried the recommended way and it seemed very far off from what I believed a mousse to be :jelous:

Does anyone have a way of making a tasty mousse?
Do you add more or less water than recommended?
Do you chill it in the fridge or freezer? And for how long?
How do you mix up the mixture?
And why doesn't it say you can make a mousse out of the strawberry shake?

Eagerly awaiting any tips :party0036:

Hiya :) Haven't tried making a mousse myself yet but I know Medea did and she said the 2 fluid ounces you are supposed to use for it was nowhere near enough. She said that next time she makes it (after she's recovered from last time lol) she'll probably add about 5 fl oz instead. Also you may want to try adding a couple of sweetener tabs to see if that has any effect?

The mousse was vile!

It tasted really weird and was very thick and sticky... defo going for some more water next time as I would prefer it to be a bit lighter. (I did make it with peppermint tea and a sweetner- this did not help matters!)

On another note the soup I made last night was ok! I was quite surprised but you have to get past the first spoonful and then it becomes quite pleasant :D

By the way, that was a chocolate one. Mmmmm vanilla and mint? Yuck!

Medea, your attempt at making a mousse sounds as bad as mine did. Surely there must be a skill to making a good mousse?

Back