Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

movicol or fibogel..???

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by emz.is.shrinkin, 23 January 2011 Social URL.

1. emz.is.shrinkin

emz.is.shrinkin on the shrink.!!

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hey all,
    just wanted to ask which is the better product. i bought fibogel yesterday but got the flavoured instead of origonal by accident. going to return it today but have been reading on here that a lot of u take movicol daily. just wondering which one u would recommend to take daily to keep me 'regular' lol.

thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. determinator

determinator Banned

they work in different ways , movicol is a laxative and works by softening the stool , it is very effective and I use it regularly . Fibogel is a bulking agent , so it adds fibre and is a more natural way of staying regular , although if you are bunged up when you start taking it , it will make it worse .
    For me movicol works much better , the bulking agents like fibogel and physillium husks make me more constipated , but everyone is different .

4. emz.is.shrinkin

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks Katie, I'm not bunged up at the mo, I just want to take something everyday that will keep me regular, incase I do get bunged up. Think I'll try the fibogel first and see. Thanks for the info hun xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

5. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    have u tried the fibregel yet?
    if not.... gl getting it down ya. lol :jelous:.
    it is the most vile thing ive ever tasted. it has the consistency of a cross between thickened water and jelly :jelous:.
    movicol in my opinion is much 'user friendly' lol:)

6. determinator

determinator Banned

I didnt like to say .. but it is vile !!!! I actually quite like movicol made up with my sunshine orange flavoured water ....

7. emz.is.shrinkin

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hey girls couldn't get that damn stuff anyway. But I got some dulcoease capsules. Are these okay to take.?? Xx

8. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    they are ok to take but if ur wanting something to take as a regular daily preventative measure i would say something like psylium husk capsules as well as fibre suppliment such as fibre 89 or benefibre.
    i used just about everything on the market on my last cd journey. i have a little bit too much knowledge on the constipation front for my liking :D

9. emz.is.shrinkin

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    If you took 1 or 2 a day would it not be okay..?? Xx

10. determinator

determinator Banned

as far as i know the dulcoease have something in the coating that is not recommended when on CD . Dulcolax are ok but they are for occassional use only as work as a stimulant and not good to take regularly .

11. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    the dulcolax are fine to take BUT any 'laxative' can lead to a condition called 'lazy bowel' which is not what u want. therefore preventative measures, bulking agents and 'occasional' laxatives are much more advisable

12. emz.is.shrinkin

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Okay thanks girls.
    So what's do u reckon is the best thing to take each day that is allowed and is pretty natural.?? I just want to take something that will keep me regular and not constipated. And that u can take everyday without any harm. Xx

13. determinator

determinator Banned

either a bulking agent , like the fibre that CD sells or physillium husk , or a stool softener like movicol .
    Other laxatives are bowel stimulants and not safe to take daily as like PP says can cause your bowel to become lazy.

14. emz.is.shrinkin

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Cool thanks. Where can u get the psyllium husk caps.?? Xx

15. determinator

determinator Banned

I know Holland and Barratt sell the capsules although my CDC told me that they are not very good , I tried the actual powder and after a week of forcing myself to down the horrid stuff i was more bunged up than ever !!! I would try the capsules and if they are no good maybe try benefibre or the one CDC's sell .
    This works well for a lot of people

16. sumayyah

sumayyah please try again

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13lb(25.3%)
    Diet:
    was cambridge now exante
    holland and barrett do the pysilium caps

17. cherylxx

cherylxx Silver Member

Diet:
    CD sole source
    i get the psylium husks on prescriptions. i dont pay for prescriptions due to disability. i have never tried the powder.
    i also use the fibre 89 and movicol every 2 days.
    im hoping this will prevent me developping a problem. ( i got so bad the first time on cd that doctor said i either had to come off the diet or face hospital treatment as i hadnt 'been' for 15 days. i was in agony at that point and looked heavily pregnant.
    I dont plan on allowing it to get to that stage again.

18. Rae Rae

Rae Rae Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st11.5lb(34.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I was percribed fybogel by my docas i suffered really badly. in my opinion its the best thing ive evr done and it doesnt taste that bad, a lot nicer than sum of the fibre powder out there. I just down it in a morning and at night then im done xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.