moving back to SW, worried about gain

cherylxx

Silver Member
hi everyone.
i am currently on the cambridge diet and until recently ive done pretty well.
However, ive struggled with toilet problems all along and things have taken a turn for the worse. Im now using laxatives very regularly and still nothing much happening.
Well to cut a long story short , it is now affecting my weight horribly. Last week i gained 1lb and this week its looking like ive gained 2lbs (by my scales). Also my measurements are messed up as a result, losing inches from bust and hips but waist is increasing.
As u can imagine im feeing pretty fed up , sluggish and have tummy pains around the clock...... so im coming back to SW (lost 2 1/2 stone on SW a few years ago).
I am looking forwardto joining my local group on Monday BUT im scared im going to gain loads of weight in my first week of eating real food.
After living for 4 months on 415cals a day what is my body going to make of the extra calories? :confused:
Has anybody moved over without going up the CD plans and if so was there much gain in the first few weeks?
In an ideal world i would wait a few weeks on CD and work up the plans but i cant afford to do this because eventually my doctor will admit me to hospital with 'help' for the toilet problems since all else is failing.:cry:
sorry ive rambled on and on. i like to throw myself into a new forum head first. hope i dont land with a splat. lol :D

alot of people move from CD to SW, dont worry if you gain at first, alot of it will be water and hopefully SW will sort you out. good luck!

Hi hun, I moved from CD to SW last week (well dont officially start until tomorrow). I lost 20lbs on CD in three weeks, Since coming off I have been very sensible, no sweets, biscuits, crisps or fatty foods. I have gained around 2lbs but some of this will be just down to water retention ( I am still drinking 4L daily but not going to the loo as often) and probably my body retaining some carbs since being starved of them on CD. I wouldn't worry too much, I believe that it is normal to gain a little when coming off such a restrictive diet but if you follow the SW rules then you will lose that and more and have both a social life and a full tummy. Whooppee xx

p.s I also have found that my toilet habits have reset themselves again and I no longer have any problems, before on CD I was only going every three days and only after taking psyilium husks which was a nightmare and very uncomfortable. (sorry if tmi)

thank you for the replies ladies :D.
flirty, i went 8 days with fibre suppliments 3 times a day and laxatives every night and still really struggled.
Last friday i finally went but it wasnt right and certainly wasnt enough.
havent been since and my tummy is sooo sore and bloated.
I love the CD principle but paying £38 a week for a tummy ache..... not sensible. lol
if i can get away with only gaining a few lbs in my first week i will be happy with that. gonna try and have a few weeks on mainly red days so i dont overindulge on the carbs in the beginning. hopefully that will limit the damage in water weight to a minimum.
gl with ur SW journey :D

Good luck and hope it all goes well for you, been in that situation many times and not at all comfortable.

ty ayla,
im quite sad to leave CD behind but i will be glad to eat properly again after 4 months :).

Back