Moving from cambridge to slimming world

Ostara

Hi!

I've been doing cambridge for 10 weeks and have lost 24lb. It's been a bit slower than most people, but my bmi has gone from 31.6 to 27.9 so I'm pleased :)

I've been on ss, but this week I've gone up to ss+ because I'm getting bored and want to move up through the steps and eventually move over to slimming world to lose the rest of my weight.

Does anyone have any advice as to which step of the plan I should get to before changing? I don't want to gain weight when I go to slimming world, so I know I need to be careful about reintroducing food and work through at least some of the steps, but now that I'm losing motivation, I'm finding it hard to stay strong so want to have some kind of end date for when I can give up on the shakes for good! Lol

Any advice would be much appreciated! X

I am sure there will be lots of help available on this, I think I personally would move up all the steps, purely because you want to continue losing and slimming world doesn't really have any carb restrictions which is what Cambridge is the opposite of. Your consultant would be best to discuss it with but if you did a week or so of each step then it could also help with portion control when you make the switch! Best of luck and well done on your loss so far :)

Thank you for your reply :)

i havent found it particularly difficult to stick to cambridge, but I do miss eating with my husband and being able to eat out! I don't want to gain back the weight I've lost though, so I know I need it work through the steps properly :)

Don't blame you, I'm on day 5 of SS & my first weekend without a drink & nibbles with my man. I keep thinking I need to stick to CD but then always after a week or two I have doubts as I know it's not a long term solution, I always just do it for a while to my make myself feel better losing a stone or two. Keep reading SW updates on fb about folk losing big amounts in the same amount of time but they can eat real food & it's a longer term way of eating *sigh*

Yeah, the social side of cambridge is pretty tough :( ive had a few weeks since I started where there's been a meal out that I couldn't really avoid and I've ended up staying the same, which I could have achieved without restricting myself to 400ish calories on the other 6 days of the week!

but I aso know that I wouldn't have lost the 24lb that I've lost since the beginning of August if I was on a different diet.

Im just oust really missing carbs :( and I start placement next week so I'll be doing 13 hour shifts, which aren't much fun on a vlcd! So I'm going to work through the steps fairly quickly!

Back